Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

theres more to a job offer than salary - for example, what if the north korean gov offered more money than an american co? would I jump for more money? no

there's a lot that goes into it aside from sheer numbers

or at least there should be ...for anyone with a brain

all the people in this htread convinced this is about money without any actual evidence need to chill and see what happens
Yeah, you threw out an extreme. Right now there is virtually no difference in our program from any of these other schools he was considering. This isn’t Syracuse of 2012.

Too bad. I love Kadary but think it’s not happening on our end or his. Plus he’s not a shooter and Red is obviously looking to have at least one PG who is a good shooter. I’m sure by Monday we should hear some noise on other guys we are trying for.
I don’t think the reason that it doesn’t happen is that Kadary isn’t a good shooter. It will be because of lack of interest on his side first and then money second. The ceiling is a national championship if Kadary is on the roster. Many other schools can say that as well, but man would it be a story if it happened at the place he started.

I don’t think the reason that it doesn’t happen is that Kadary isn’t a good shooter. It will be because of lack of interest on his side first and then money second. The ceiling is a national championship if Kadary is on the roster. Many other schools can say that as well, but man would it be a story if it happened at the place he started.

I didn’t say it was because he wasn’t a good shooter.

Pretty lame that the guy who put on the tweet you linked (that Dakota had committed), has since deleted it. Professionalism would have dictated that he own up to him jumping the gun and put out an apology to the Syracuse fan base.
This player wasn't going to make us a great team, so time to move on and find someone better.

Disappointed we couldn’t land him if he was truly #1 on our target list this portal season. I trust Red and staff have a plan B. Who knows if he’ll be better but I can’t pretend I knew who this kid was a few weeks ago so I’m sure we’ll find a way to talk ourselves into the pivot lol

This is how the SEC and B1G $ eventually helps their shitty hoops programs. The spillover $ ftom FB eventually trickles down to all sports.

No doubt. I expect the football powers will try to spilt off sooner than later.

Disappointed we couldn’t land him if he was truly #1 on our target list this portal season. I trust Red and staff have a plan B. Who knows if he’ll be better but I can’t pretend I knew who this kid was a few weeks ago so I’m sure we’ll find a way to talk ourselves into the pivot lol
I don’t think he was our #1 target. I think Reynolds was.

This is how the SEC and B1G $ eventually helps their shitty hoops programs. The spillover $ ftom FB eventually trickles down to all sports.
The SEC has been investing in hoops bigly the last 5-10 years and not just NIL. Pearl, Barnes, Oats, Musselman before he left, Cal obviously, Dennis Gates, Mike White at UGA and Tom Crean before him, Chris Beard are all pulling in giant salaries. Hell even Stackhouse who was dreadful and had no track record coaching at any collegiate level pulled down $3M plus a year.

Seems like a reasonable post , im sure they overpaid for him. Btw how far have we fallen?
I'd say pretty far. When we joined the ACC we all thought we'd be competing for conference titles year in and out. It's sad looking at where we were end of 2000s up until 2014. This team needs some good news

Why? If Carlos is our starting point guard I dont see how we're a tournament team.
what’s wrong with Carlos? He doesn’t score 17 a game on 17 shots? He’s a real point guard, exactly what the team needs.

There's either the sky Is falling and we're doomed or the poster who tries too hard with the reasoning/positivity. Love this board lol. Hard to find the in-between. JMHO but I do feel like the optics on this one stink regardless of the situation and very much felt like a kick in deez nuts/gut check. Oh well, onto the next!

Yeah, you threw out an extreme. Right now there is virtually no difference in our program from any of these other schools he was considering. This isn’t Syracuse of 2012.
It has nothing to do with that, this is all about NIL.

The problem was, he was the only one that reported it. Weiss said we were the leaders.
There was another guy on Twitter that said he had chosen Cuse.

There's either the sky Is falling and we're doomed or the poster who tries too hard with the reasoning/positivity. Love this board lol. Hard to find the in-between. JMHO but I do feel like the optics on this one stink regardless of the situation and very much felt like a kick in deez nuts/gut check. Oh well, onto the next!
He was only looking for who was going to offer him the most money imo. I don’t think he cared what school that happened to be. Glad its over, there’s too much drama chasing around kids to get them to come to your school.

Last edited:
And if that’s true, the fact that he was being this hotly pursued by us as a starter is baffling. And causes me great concern about the future of our program.
I agree with your first sentience, not your second. It simply came down to money, imo, which is a short sighted mistake on his part. If the kid wants a pro career, this year is his audition, and I think he’d have a better audition as the starting PG at Syracuse than a Georgia backup. Mike White is not a great coach. He was basically run out of Florida and Georgia took him in.