Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Moob.
Civil War Crying GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

When he left and started taking more visits Red should have started looking elsewhere.
With the portal that's the new reality, Fran plays it well.
Red needs to learn how it's played, last year with Jesse, we got played.
We just got played again this year, except not with as good a player.

Yeah... but folks on here in the know indicated Red had zeroed in on Leffew and really wanted him... I dunno this was def a swing and a miss - but no, it's not too late to still bring in someone

Yeah personally was never sold on Leffew as some standout, so I’m not concerned (unless we don’t bring in someone else)

But if you’ve been posting how anyone that is down on Leffew is wrong and “you think you know more than the coaches”…. Well anything suggesting this isn’t a big deal is spin

There’s lots of time. People need to relax and let it play out
For real. So many people on this thing remind me of that scene in Money Ball. Hes calling other GM’s to trade players and they’re like oh I like that guy and Brad Pitt is like Oh you don’t even know who that guy is.

99% of the comments here no one has any idea who these kids are. Maybe a stat line and a few highlight clips at best. Hell even guys that come to play for Cuse for years sometimes we still never know who the kids really are or what they’re about.

Yeah personally was never sold on Leffew as some standout, so I’m not concerned (unless we don’t bring in someone else)

I wasn’t sold on him either. I was happy to have him b/c he seemed like he might have the biggest upside of anybody we can get at this point. But otherwise not sure he would/will be pretty good at this level.

More worried that I’m not sure we’re better next year and we could be worse.

No one really knows but it does seem like we have limitations on who we go after.
That’s the thing noone knows yet people talk like they do and they also think they know the motives and approach when they go after a player.

Yeah... but folks on here in the know indicated Red had zeroed in on Leffew and really wanted him... I dunno this was def a swing and a miss - but no, it's not too late to still bring in someone

For sure

I wasn’t sold on him either. I was happy to have him b/c he seemed like he might have the biggest upside of anybody we can get at this point. But otherwise not sure he would/will be pretty good at this level.

More worried that I’m not sure we’re better next year and we could be worse.

IMO without someone the level of shooter of Leffew at PG. We will be worse. Even with a Leffew type I was thinking 8-9 seed ceiling.

And playing with his former teammate. He has done nothing wrong except not signing with us, yet. And I say yet because who knows what twists and turns this thing may yet take. Don't read anything in to

For real. So many people on this thing remind me of that scene in Money Ball. Hes calling other GM’s to trade players and they’re like oh I like that guy and Brad Pitt is like Oh you don’t even know who that guy is.

99% of the comments here no one has any idea who these kids are. Maybe a stat line and a few highlight clips at best. Hell even guys that come to play for Cuse for years sometimes we still never know who the kids really are or what they’re about.
Well that’s the reality of college basketball today, and on the flip side many
of the rentals seem not to care much about the culture of the school they’re being paid to represent.

Last edited:
Wasn't he here just last week? I mean, people are acting like this dragged on for months.
Two weeks ago but still a very short amount of time.

Concerning how? You know how much they have currently and how much is coming in every month?
Judging by the level of players we retained and the ones we brought in, we're either awful at paying what we should be for players or we dont have a lot of money. These aren't All ACC guys we brought in. Not hammering the players, but we're either budget shopping or Red is a genius.

When he left and started taking more visits Red should have started looking elsewhere.
With the portal that's the new reality, Fran plays it well.
Red needs to learn how it's played, last year with Jesse, we got played.
We just got played again this year, except not with as good a player.
How do you know he hasn’t?

Oh. That’s absolutely the plan. But if the “other” tournament has UConn vs Kansas if the final…..
Back to the era of split national titles, this time the Basketball Edition.

You used a movie/book where the main point is using statistics to find better value and the first argument you use is the equivalent of the same stats used in the movie except for basketball.

Judging by the level of players we retained and the ones we brought in, we're either awful at paying what we should be for players or we dont have a lot of money. These aren't All ACC guys we brought in. Not hammering the players, but we're either budget shopping or Red is a genius.

Or we just don’t have very good recruiters on top of everything else. Fran is special but every day there is a new recruit and half of them are guys we never thought would even give us a visit.

Or we just don’t have very good recruiters on top of everything else. Fran is special but every day there is a new recruit and half of them are guys we never thought would even give us a visit.
Straughn is a pretty good recruiter I’d say considering we weren’t getting Donnie if it wasn’t for him. Hell, we have the number 6 rated recruit and our highest since Melo coming in. We can recruit and honestly if recruiting was how it used to be before NIL, I’m confident we would be recruiting just like we did during our golden eras. Our incoming class is top 15 as it stands right now.

Tough to compare basketball and football but I get what you're saying.

Money is driving the boat, if Red doesn't get the money lined up then that means the fans don't believe he will get the job done and he won't be here long.

You don't compete for ACC championships with a backcourt of Leffew and Starling let alone national ones.

Red needs money, its painfully obvious to see.