Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be fine either way. He comes? Awesome, the kid is super talented and will definitely help. He bypasses college? We will be fine. Senior JG3, junior Kadary and Gayle with the serious chance at someone else in 2022. We will be a-ok at guard
5th year senior Buddy if he wants the extra year, too

He doesnt want to do the academic work needed to stay in school. I expect him to try to skip college. Ive felt that for a while.
Do you have evidence of this, or just your feeling?

We will be fine either way. He comes? Awesome, the kid is super talented and will definitely help. He bypasses college? We will be fine. Senior JG3, junior Kadary and Gayle with the serious chance at someone else in 2022. We will be a-ok at guard
If Gayle comes it’ll be freaking fantastic

Hopefully we have a clearer picture soon. The last thing we need is a Quade-ish situation where we don’t recruit other guards and when everything goes to hell we’re stuck. I’d stay on ALL the 2022 guards

Wow, it’s amazing how tough grown adults can be on a young man who recently suffered an injury and chose to heal and rehab at home. He has been nothing but loyal to us and we are unable to reciprocate? It’s really sad and I am gonna keep the faith. Anyone that thinks he is going to throw his future opportunities out the window by carelessly neglecting Academic qualifications is purely speculation and doubtful.

Wow, it’s amazing how tough grown adults can be on a young man who recently suffered an injury and chose to heal and rehab at home. He has been nothing but loyal to us and we are unable to reciprocate? It’s really sad and I am gonna keep the faith. Anyone that thinks he is going to throw his future opportunities out the window by carelessly neglecting Academic qualifications is purely speculation and doubtful.

agreed but the article did say the staff is concerned..

I get what you’re saying but he doesn’t need a HS diploma or syracuse or college ball...I think that’s all what folks are alluding to. He can go the international route for a year and go to the league. He could train for one year, sign a sneaker deal than head to the league. He has plenty of options. With him graduating HS (which he still could), it gives a solidification that his path to SU is brighter and “could come true”

I get what you’re saying but he doesn’t need a HS diploma or syracuse or college ball...I think that’s all what folks are alluding to. He can go the international route for a year and go to the league. He could train for one year, sign a sneaker deal than head to the league. He has plenty of options. With him graduating HS (which he still could), it gives a solidification that his path to SU is brighter and “could come true”
Yes those are certainly options but more behind the scenes than the exposure a notable NCAA team and the media hype that goes along with it. I think Dior has a little Hollywood in him and wants to Step onto a big stage to showcase his abilities. He really does seem like a man with a plan.

Let me try to help. He has expressed his Cuse love and we continue to question his intentions without just cause. Was that better

I think that's fair. But I also don't think most people are bashing the kid or disparaging him. I think everyone wants to see him in school (somewhere), enjoying life, then matriculating to SU. No one fears he's off to Kentucky or that he'd change his verbal. But the path he seems to be on, is usually not one that ends with a student in college. People are just pointing that out and I'm not going to begrudge someone being disconcerted about that.

My personal take - I'd like to see the kid in school because to me, that's where 16-year-old kids should be. But he doesnt owe me anything, I don't owe him anything, and what he does has absolutely no impact on my life.

If jim boeheim came on this board and posted a video of himself saying he felt good about dior wearing orange, i wouldnt believe it. Its just not logical to be optimistic here.
Idk what Townie72 ’s waiting for

He has been nothing but loyal to us and we are unable to reciprocate?
i would argue that those of us encouraging him to give strong consideration to the earning potential of skipping college and going pro are the only ones who are showing him loyalty

i would argue that those of us encouraging him to give strong consideration to the earning potential of skipping college and going pro are the only ones who are showing him loyalty
Well now you’re ignoring my personal selfish motives and wishes. Can’t have that but you make a valid point

this is going to be poorly received, but i believe it wholeheartedly:

if you're encouraging him to do this, you aren't a fan of the program at all.

feel free to bitch and moan at me, but i'm right and you're not.

So, hoping that Dior plays at Syracuse, but given the current situation also hoping that there is a contingent plan in place in the event he does not.

moqui has been very blunt over the years that he is not a Syracuse fan at all, he’s a Boeheim fan. I respect the honesty albeit a little different than typical fandom. If that gives you context

Last edited:
Let me try to help. He has expressed his Cuse love and we continue to question his intentions without just cause. Was that better
Does he read this board?

given that i am not a fan - at all - of college athletics as currently structured, i guess you are not entirely incorrect

given that i am not a fan - at all - of college athletics as currently structured, i guess you are not entirely incorrect
Warming us up for the debate tonight?

I’m not sure how you want college athletics to be structured but I would guess it would make them not college athletics anymore

I’m not sure how you want college athletics to be structured but I would guess it would make them not college athletics anymore
imho, if they would allow the handful of kids like dior their right to work, rather than forcing them into a quasi indentured servant status for a year, then for the vast majority of student-athletes, college athletics might actually approach its ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom