Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well shut down PG recruiting until class of 23. Nobody is coming here with Girard and Dior coming in.

kid better show up and play here.

Thankfully we have Goodine, Washington, and Jalen here already although yes I’m sure one or two of them don’t end up staying here. Having Kadary coming in who can handle the ball as a hybrid (ala Triche, Dion, and Frank) also helps.

I have not had the time to read through this thread. But it's hard for me to get excited about a guy this far out - if he was a 2020 recruit sure. But there is so much time between this commitment and him actually suiting up for Cuse that I think it's more likely than not that we never see him in Orange. I hope I'm wrong of course!

You sound like the life of any party you attend.

He is class of '22. He bleeds orange and his statements are focused on bringing in other big time players with him. He shines a very positive spotlight on the program at a time when many of us (certainly me) were concerned about landing ANY quality recruits over the next few seasons given uncertainty about JB's future. Now even if he doesn't play, there is a solid likelihood that other quality players will commit. He's got that type of swag and charisma. Players want to play with Dior. No doubt in my mind about that. The near/ medium term future is far brighter than 48 hours ago simply because of his public verbal commitment.

Please re-read the paragraph above. Should brighten your weekend.

Might as well shut down PG recruiting until class of 23. Nobody is coming here with Girard and Dior coming in.

kid better show up and play here.

Honestly, think that's fine. We may have had trouble anyways with JG here. He's playing massive minutes and I don't think many incoming PGs assume they would knock him off the starting line. Really only a true 5 star is unconcerned. Somebody with Dior's pedigree. And the class lines up perfectly.

As was said above. It takes almost no effort to click on the recruiting page. I do it every time I get on the syracusefan board. This page is for the most part, about this years team.
I do go there regularly. But apparently if you put a person on ignore their entire created thread will not show up. On the bright side whatever they did to cause this drastic action has been forgiven and I now see the thread.
29 pages is a lot of catching up, but it has a great ending!

I’m curious that if this is the first domino that leads to a major uptick in recruiting, then does Gerry become the likely successor officially? I doubt they’ll ever make a coach in waiting announcement again though.
If you’re going with an internal hire, which I do not think they’ll do unless it’s Hop, why Gerry and not Autry? I’m no insider and have no insight into their coaching abilities. But on the surface, Autry has seniority, has more years of experience as an assistant, and is the associate head coach now. Also, there aren’t nearly enough black head coaches in college basketball, and it’s a widely acknowledged problem in the sport. All other things being equal, I’d like to see Syracuse not pass over a guy in Autry who’s an alum, paid his dues and seems ready for a head coaching job. I’d also like to see us at the forefront of the sport in this regard.

Last edited:
Cmac committed in late 2012...so his junior year.

MCW I think committed in late 2009. Which I also believe was his Junior year.

Prior to yesterday Waiters set the standard for early commits.

If you’re going with an internal hire, which I do not think they’ll do unless it’s Hop, why Gerry and not Autry? I’m no insider and have no insight into their coaching abilities. But on the surface, Autry has seniority, has more years of experience as an assistant, and is the associate head coach now. Also, there aren’t nearly enough black head coaches in college basketball, and it’s a widely acknowledged problem in the sport. All other things being equal, I’d like to see Syracuse not pass over a guy in Autry who’s an alum, paid his dues and seems ready for a head coaching job. I’d also like to see us at the forefront of the sport in this regard.
I hope Autry secretly has a subscription to Man to Man magazine (the sports one, not the prno one) and cuts out pictures for his dream board.

I agree totally. If it’s going to be between them id rather it be Autry.

I agree. I just know the Gerry whispers have been around ever since Hop left. We’ll know in about 5 years...maybe.

A huge commit for Cuse Hoops!

GoOrangeDiork7HD2j79BoNA.gif

if you had read through the thread, i think your opinion in all likelihood would be quite different. the two key points that you'd discover:

• dior himself has made it absolutely clear that he is 100% syracuse if he goes to college. there is as close to zero doubt there as you can get
  • other posters have pointed out that any nba rule change allowing kids to enter directly from high school is most likely to occur in 2023 or after, therefore not impacting dior

The number of H0T Takes on this from people who have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about is something else. So many Costanzas in this “fanbase”. Annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom