Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of H0T Takes on this from people who have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about is something else. So many Costanzas in this “fanbase”. Annoying.

I get that there are reasons for angst, but he’s been committed for twenty four hours. He’s the hugest recruit since Melo. I saw the news on the ESPN crawl while watching Jazz/Blazers.

Just be happy. And failing that, let others be happy.

I have not had the time to read through this thread. But it's hard for me to get excited about a guy this far out - if he was a 2020 recruit sure. But there is so much time between this commitment and him actually suiting up for Cuse that I think it's more likely than not that we never see him in Orange. I hope I'm wrong of course!

So you can't be bothered to read any posts or articles beforehand, you just decided you needed your uninformed negative opinion out there ASAP, because your opinion is all wise and must be somehow be unique to the 100's of fans who posted before you? Well, I don't need to hope you're wrong, I get the impression you're wrong quite often.

Was just thinking, Dior is the opposite of an Andre Jackson. Like Jackson, he grew up a Syracuse fan. But, unlike Jackson, he was going to commit to come here no matter who else will be here because he’s that confident and knows he’s that good. Not afraid of competition and relishes it. Love that about him.

Where's that "thumbs-up", Tee??
thumbs upppp.jpg

If you’re going with an internal hire, which I do not think they’ll do unless it’s Hop, why Gerry and not Autry? I’m no insider and have no insight into their coaching abilities. But on the surface, Autry has seniority, has more years of experience as an assistant, and is the associate head coach now. Also, there aren’t nearly enough black head coaches in college basketball, and it’s a widely acknowledged problem in the sport. All other things being equal, I’d like to see Syracuse not pass over a guy in Autry who’s an alum, paid his dues and seems ready for a head coaching job. I’d also like to see us at the forefront of the sport in this regard.
It will be Red if JW stays in house.

Was just thinking, Dior is the opposite of an Andre Jackson. Like Jackson, he grew up a Syracuse fan. But, unlike Jackson, he was going to commit to come here no matter who else will be here because he’s that confident and knows he’s that good. Not afraid of competition and relishes it. Love that about him.
"Most hated"

Do Joe and Dior play here at the same time if he comes?

Andre Jackson is cut more from that Wagner/URI/CBSSportsNetwork cloth. No ill will towards him

Andre Jackson is cut more from that Wagner/URI/CBSSportsNetwork cloth. No ill will towards him

Likewise, no ill will toward Jackson. My comparable for him would be a freshman/sophomore David Johnson -- run the floor, amazing dunks, and valuable bench player -- not much else. Unlike Johnson, I see no upside for Jackson. Johnson developed into a complete player by years 3 & 4. He was All-Big East. In my opinion, Jackson will be the same player on senior day as he is on day 1. I like the kid...hope I'm wrong...even if it is for UConn. However, no one will be sad we end up with Richmond as consolation.

Likewise, no ill will toward Jackson. My comparable for him would be a freshman/sophomore David Johnson -- run the floor, amazing dunks, and valuable bench player -- not much else. Unlike Johnson, I see no upside for Jackson. Johnson developed into a complete player by years 3 & 4. He was All-Big East. In my opinion, Jackson will be the same player on senior day as he is on day 1. I like the kid...hope I'm wrong...even if it is for UConn. However, no one will be sad we end up with Richmond as consolation.

Let's not sound like sour grapes. Ridiculous athlete. Who's to say he can't develop? Sounds like an illogical conclusion. If he learns to shoot a bit, he's got NBA potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom