Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter Cuse Nation!
Screenshot_20200412-115914_Instagram.jpg

I like that Dior is not only extremely competitive, but the fact that he's helping cast a large net. The only question I want to open up to the group is whether we think it'd be better to have an experienced mix of veterans (Seniors, Juniors, transfers, etc) or whether we'd want a lot of very talented, yet young (Soph, Freshman) players on the roster with Dior.

According to the count here, we have 2-3 open spots for this year depending on whether Hughes would consider coming back and if Boeheim would ever use a walk-on spot (unlikely, I know), but we have 6 (if no one else commits between now and then) open spots in 2022 class. see: Verbal Commits

I personally would prefer to have a 50/50 mix between vets and would like 2 other good freshmen to join Dior. This would be the team model we had in '03, and I see how Duke and Kentucky seem to let down most years, even with super talented freshmen heavy squads.

I like that Dior is not only extremely competitive, but the fact that he's helping cast a large net. The only question I want to open up to the group is whether we think it'd be better to have an experienced mix of veterans (Seniors, Juniors, transfers, etc) or whether we'd want a lot of very talented, yet young (Soph, Freshman) players on the roster with Dior.

According to the count here, we have 2-3 open spots for this year depending on whether Hughes would consider coming back and if Boeheim would ever use a walk-on spot (unlikely, I know), but we have 6 (if no one else commits between now and then) open spots in 2022 class. see: Verbal Commits

I personally would prefer to have a 50/50 mix between vets and would like 2 other good freshmen to join Dior. This would be the team model we had in '03, and I see how Duke and Kentucky seem to let down most years, even with super talented freshmen heavy squads.
Well have a nice mix. JG3, Edwards, JBA, Kadary and Woody will be upperclassmen. The real question will be are some of these stud freshman ok with coming off the bench? Or will the upper classmen mind taking a back seat?

it’s safe to assume a senior JG3 starts in the back court with Dior. If Kadary progresses like we think, he could start at the 3...but then is someone like Chance Westry ok not starting? (Even though the following year he’d most likely start) Will Edwards have fulfilled his potential by then making it hard for Clingan to start from day 1? Or will those freshman start to keep them happy, only to perhaps make the older guys upset?

Well have a nice mix. JG3, Edwards, JBA, Kadary and Woody will be upperclassmen. The real question will be are some of these stud freshman ok with coming off the bench? Or will the upper classmen mind taking a back seat?

it’s safe to assume a senior JG3 starts in the back court with Dior. If Kadary progresses like we think, he could start at the 3...but then is someone like Chance Westry ok not starting? (Even though the following year he’d most likely start) Will Edwards have fulfilled his potential by then making it hard for Clingan to start from day 1? Or will those freshman start to keep them happy, only to perhaps make the older guys upset?
Obviously this all has to come to fruition, but it sure would be nice to have first world problems again.

No kidding. Having to just accept that average players are going to start for multiple years because we have no better option isn't very fun.
Nah, it’s all fun, just a different kind of fun.

Interesting to see how the draft comes into this now with G league increase. 1st round money is really really nice and lottery money is even nicer. I wanna see how they handle that in coordination with G league

It's getting to the point of being almost impossible to get our hopes up about these recruits. If he did come, it would likely only be for on year anyway, but what fun it would be as this kid seems to have some Pearl-esque moves in him.

Look there is no sense of living and dying on what Dior posts to his IG or whatever account every 5 minutes over the next two years. Clearly he is a special player and even the day he committed here it was clear it was probably 50/50 at best that he would ever play a minute at Syracuse and thats being generous. I would prepare for him to go the G league or wherever and set yourself up to be pleasantly surprised if he does actually make it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom