Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can make $125,000 then he’s gone. He reposted it. Shut this thread down.

Kind of surprising the G league hasn't been more aggressive with signing bonuses
It really makes zero sense to me. In the grand scheme of NBA revenues it would take very little for them to lock up all of the top American graduating highschool talent.

Could be he was informing his uncommitted friends. Can't bring em all to Syracuse! I think we should all freak out all over his social media until he tells us to chill again. I'm sure he enjoys that.

If he can make $125,000 then he’s gone. He reposted it. Shut this thread down.

Last year, the lowest NBA lottery pick made $3.45 million. $125k is less than 4% of that. I would think a talent like Dior sees himself as a future lottery pick. He might be OK foregoing the $125k in order to be a national college star, BMOC, and title contender for a year -- rather than play one less-than-glamorous G-League season. When you add in likely sneaker contracts and endorsements, will he even miss the G-League check? The main reason for him to go that route is possible college injury. But even if it happened in a de facto NBA minor league, he'd be similarly set back anyway. Some kids just don't want school, so they'll take G-League. Dior seems to like the idea of school.

Percentages are funny things.

I wonder what percentage increase or decrease 125k would be in relation to what his parents make.

The lotto money doesn't go away if he goes G-League.
Wasn’t he sporting Gucci sneakers?

Why don't we just wait until he announces he is going to the G-League?
Because that’s what the coaching staff is doing. All eggs in one basket. Won’t dare speak with any other PG croots because they don’t want to upset Dior.

Good lord... I would hate to be in a fox hole with you.

Nah.
Then it'd be easy to find a way to kill him, and make it look like an accident / fog of war. :p

It really makes zero sense to me. In the grand scheme of NBA revenues it would take very little for them to lock up all of the top American graduating highschool talent.
I think the biggest point of contention would be how NBA teams retain rights over players in the G-league. Say the Lakers are really high on Dior, so they sneak some money to Southbay to cover Dior's G-league money, shower him with coaching attention during his one year and then what ... watch him get drafted by the Timberwolves?

It's why I think that the NBA isn't getting out of the way drafting high schoolers. At some point they have to accept the obvious. Hell, MLB teams would sign 13 year olds if they could get away with it, that's how valuable those cost-controlled years have become.

Interesting to see how the draft comes into this now with G league increase. 1st round money is really really nice and lottery money is even nicer. I wanna see how they handle that in coordination with G league
This is only going to hurt college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom