Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

Where did you read that $3m offer? 392D66F0-7994-44F9-B0DC-A1D3D48C6894.jpeg

For people complaining about NIL, Drake Maye was offered 5M to leave UNC. He stayed because the offered was matched or bettered. I do think Weitsman jumped out of the window with a 7 figure deal for someone who isn't proven at this level just yet.

Like football, the fix will have to be through the portal. It is what it is and the talent overall in high school basketball isn't nearly what it used to be where one player makes or breaks your class.

His article said Adam offered $1m. Didn’t say total or per year.

Wasn’t the verbiage something to the effect of
“Seven figures over three years”

So, while that would clearly total at least $1m, it also implies that each individual year was likely < $1M.

Because if each year was 7 figures, and not “just” the total, then I’m sure that would have been stated as such, since now you’re talking at least $3m over 3 years.

For people complaining about NIL, Drake Maye was offered 5M to leave UNC. He stayed because the offered was matched or bettered. I do think Weitsman jumped out of the window with a 7 figure deal for someone who isn't proven at this level just yet.

Like football, the fix will have to be through the portal. It is what it is and the talent overall in high school basketball isn't nearly what it used to be where one player makes or breaks your class.
Didn’t Drake Maye dispute that offer and said it wasn’t true?

Look what’s going on in Colorado that’s called major effort we play in the ACC. There’s no is excuse.Anyone who thinks what happening to the program is ok should be ashamed

You know and someone alluded to it earlier in this thread if one of the assistant coaches is taking over and still isn’t convinced then perhaps the assistants on the bench aren’t the answer. It seems like coach k had a plan and North Carolina had a plan and we say we have a plan but perhaps we don’t

How does NIL work with a player already on a college roster?

I assume there are some sort of ‘tampering’ safeguards. Right? Maybe I shouldn’t... But, since schools aren’t making NIL offers and it’s just from buainesses/private citizens, what prevents poaching? I also assume Judah is not going to the NBA next year, so my concern is related to him just portalling to a program more likely to make the NCAA tournament. Couldn’t Joe Bob of Joe Bob’s Domestic Pickups make contact with him and lure him to play for Kentucky? The NCAA can’t penalize Kentucky since the school isn’t the bad actor…. Tell me I don’t understand and my scenario can’t happen. Please.
NCAA should but won’t penalize Kentucky; Calipari is behind deciding who enrolls there for basketball. Just another low rent move from him!

NCAA should but won’t penalize Kentucky; Calipari is behind deciding who enrolls there for basketball. Just another low rent move from him!
All Nil potential agreements need to be reviewed by the University's Athletic Dept. Compliance. If I were the reviewer, I would have pretty detailed protocol on the review process. THat said, some might try and cut corners. If the NCAA wants the schools to self govern, they should make all the Nil request open to the public.

All Nil potential agreements need to be reviewed by the University's Athletic Dept. Compliance. If I were the reviewer, I would have pretty detailed protocol on the review process. THat said, some might try and cut corners. If the NCAA wants the schools to self govern, they should make all the Nil request open to the public.
Agreed, however The NCAA doing the right thing would be a huge change!

Agreed, however The NCAA doing the right thing would be a huge change!
At least it's an easy change. Every compliance dept would know that their review would be pubic knowledge.

This might be a good way to create the transparency that was lacking pre-NIL.

Since NIL is legal, and does not impact eligibility, I don’t understand why the NCAA or the schools have to be told how the kid makes NIL money. That’s between the kid and the payer.

Since NIL is legal, and does not impact eligibility, I don’t understand why the NCAA or the schools have to be told how the kid makes NIL money. That’s between the kid and the payer.
You’re right, they can’t. It’s no different from an Olympian earning endorsement money.

"Those rumors weren't really reality"

If you want to say, he's lying, I don't necessarily disagree.

I believe there was more than that. But I’m not going to go look now. Kickoff in 10 mins man.

No one wants to say the quiet part out loud:

This NIL stuff is gross and makes us look foolish with our numbers nakedly public.

Congress is needed here. Im sure im the minority but this whole process is kinda gross no matter that some will say it’s always happened.
SCOTUS has ruled that college athletes have the same right to make money as anyone else. (Who would have thought?) Any legislative curtailing of those rights would likely fail, especially because such limitations would have disparate impact on African-Americans, who are a protected class, by virtue of being a minority race.
Here is what could happen, but the schools don’t want it. Student athletes ( maybe just FB and BB) become employees. Then, all of this could be collectively bargained. They get paid X to go to school. From X, they pay room, board and tuition. Have to be academically eligible to see the field, etc.
If they were paid, that might remove Title IX scholarship issues as well.

I believe you're referring to my article from Monday. That's not what I said. Adam told me it was a three-year, seven-figure offer. He asked me not to print a specific dollar amount for competitive reasons, however, I think it's reasonable to assume that a three-year deal, when all is said and done, would have likely totaled several million dollars.

I believe you're referring to my article from Monday. That's not what I said. Adam told me it was a three-year, seven-figure offer. He asked me not to print a specific dollar amount for competitive reasons, however, I think it's reasonable to assume that a three-year deal, when all is said and done, would have likely totaled several million dollars.

I combined your interview with him saying 7 figures with him saying he was going to offer a football player and bball player $1m. So I put two plus two together.

I hear ya. But there's a difference between $1 million over three years versus, say, $3 million over three years. Perhaps I misunderstood your comments from earlier. Sorry!

I thought this kid picked Carolina? Why is he still an avid subject for discussion on this forum? Is there a chance he flips or something? Otherwise time to move on, no? Jmho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom