Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

"Those rumors weren't really reality"

If you want to say, he's lying, I don't necessarily disagree.

I’m back. A little disappointed but back. LOL.

Here is another part of the interview.

“There was nothing to me or my family directly offered from any of these other schools.”

He was careful to say “schools”. Schools don’t offer NIL. Others do.

In the same interview he also said…

“Some people were texting my high school coach about it. That’s mainly what happened, people reached out to some of my representatives.”

Then add in what Narduzzi said, which I’m sure he got from Mack Brown, and Brown himself accused schools of tampering and offering him a lot of money to transfer.

I’m back. A little disappointed but back. LOL.

Here is another part of the interview.

“There was nothing to me or my family directly offered from any of these other schools.”

He was careful to say “schools”. Schools don’t offer NIL. Others do.

In the same interview he also said…

“Some people were texting my high school coach about it. That’s mainly what happened, people reached out to some of my representatives.”

Then add in what Narduzzi said, which I’m sure he got from Mack Brown, and Brown himself accused schools of tampering and offering him a lot of money to transfer.

Right, sounds like he's suggesting "Well, *I* never got offered the money."

We still don't know if 5 million was the legit #, though. Hence, why I mentioned he said the rumors werent reality. But maybe he meant the rumors in general

Fair enough.
But it smacks of a "stalker ex-gf" vibe to me. He picked someone else- his loss. Time to move on, already. JMHO
Fan, short for fanatic so yeah makes sense. And I’ll also note in this case that he 1) hasn’t signed an NLI and 2) with the transfer portal he could easily be a topic again in a year or so if he reclass not really worth shutting down a thread and then have 500 for every new tweet/news story. I think the board has found a good mid ground versus 10 years ago when you had 30 Zach Allen threads

Fan, short for fanatic so yeah makes sense. And I’ll also note in this case that he 1) hasn’t signed an NLI and 2) with the transfer portal he could easily be a topic again in a year or so if he reclass not really worth shutting down a thread and then have 500 for every new tweet/news story. I think the board has found a good mid ground versus 10 years ago when you had 30 Zach Allen threads
He could also renege on his verbal commitment to UNC, based on what occurs after this season in the portal for the Heels, whether he decides to reclassify, what other 23/24 recruits UNC gets, etc. GG Jackson bailed on UNC after giving them a verbal, for example.

He could also renege on his verbal commitment to UNC, based on what occurs after this season in the portal for the Heels, whether he decides to reclassify, what other 23/24 recruits UNC gets, etc. GG Jackson bailed on UNC after giving them a verbal, for example.
GG Jackson was also the first ever UNC decommit

We are like golfers who miss that putt on the 18th. We just have to talk about it

My favorite part of the article—aw is working with an experienced NIL attorney. NIL has been around what — two years?
NIL has been around since whenever athletes and actors started pitching products.
I had a good friend who used to do that stuff, but in a different arena (like licensing Thomas the Tank Engine and Teletubbies.)
Charles Schultz was one of the first to use it for a non-human, when he licensed Snoopy’s name, image, likeness, to Met Life for the blimp. (He was looked down on by other comic strip writers. Not unlike the way some are looking down at the college athletes now.)
The only thing new is that college athletes get to be openly compensated. In actuality, college athletes have been pushing product (Nike, Under Armor) for decades: they just didn’t get paid for it.
At least schools gave them room, board and tuition for advertising for the schools.

Last edited:
My favorite part of the article—aw is working with an experienced NIL attorney. NIL has been around what — two years?
Well, Adam told me that this attorney is well-versed in NIL matters, and if you look him up, it appears he is. Just because NIL has only been around for a couple of years doesn't mean this attorney doesn't have experience in this arena, at least in my opinion.

Just because NIL has only been around for a couple of years doesn't mean this attorney doesn't have experience in this arena, at least in my opinion.
NIL has been around for decades. If you don’t know that, you don’t understand what NIL is.
People have been selling their Name, Image and Likeness since commercial advertising has been in existence.

NIL has been around for decades. If you don’t know that, you don’t understand what NIL is.
People have been selling their Name, Image and Likeness since commercial advertising has been in existence.
Thanks. I'm well aware of what NIL is and how long it has been around for :)

The nuances with regard to NCAA eligibility have to be fairly new and perhaps complicated to navigate.

Well, Adam told me that this attorney is well-versed in NIL matters, and if you look him up, it appears he is. Just because NIL has only been around for a couple of years doesn't mean this attorney doesn't have experience in this arena, at least in my opinion.
I dont know… someone with two years of legal experience isn’t really considered an expert in the field. To be honest, I am sure the regulations aren’t that complicated anyways. Its just funny branding.

I dont know… someone with two years of legal experience isn’t really considered an expert in the field. To be honest, I am sure the regulations aren’t that complicated anyways. Its just funny branding.
Never said he had two years of legal experience. I don't know how long he has been an attorney. But I get what you're saying.

Never said he had two years of legal experience. I don't know how long he has been an attorney. But I get what you're saying.

Yes, I phrased that wrong. I meant two years of legal experience in a particular field.

He could be old hat with licensing, marketing, sponsorship deals… and that’s the “experienced” part. The NIL-specific part is a relatively new component.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom