Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

the only chance we have is if he delays his announcement. Needs to take a visit first or this money means nothing. Plus he can take the money and commit elsewhere.

Issue is that Weitsman said he would only offer the million to 5 star guys, which obviously isn’t enough to compete with the schools that typically go after 5 star guys nowadays. Weitsman might need to shift it to Top 50 guys IMO.
I think that if he’s having regular conversations with the AD to ensure he doing it correctly, they’d ask him to follow current game plan…..which is to spread the $ around and focus more on retention of productive college players and less on speculation.

the only chance we have is if he delays his announcement. Needs to take a visit first or this money means nothing. Plus he can take the money and commit elsewhere.
Money most certainly doesn’t mean “nothing” perhaps money means the same everywhere, but it doesn’t mean “nothing”

Also if you think he can actually take the money and go elsewhere, you’re a lost cause.

Last edited:
You asked why we only have one. That’s what I responded to. Does that mean you know how much every donor to the two major collectives donated? Did anyone say we have as much NIL as every school? Did you know we kept as many as 12 football players because of our NIL collectives? Do you know anything about 2 or more bball players were kept because of our NIL collectives.
Which two hoops players? Because whoever it is, it ain’t worth the nickels and dimes they are getting paid.

I think that if he’s having regular conversations with the AD to ensure he doing it correctly, they’d ask him to follow current game plan…..which is to spread the $ around and focus more on retention of productive college players and less on speculation.
Much better plan. Use the money to retain Judah for example.

Much better plan. Use the money to retain Judah for example.
How does NIL work with a player already on a college roster?

I assume there are some sort of ‘tampering’ safeguards. Right? Maybe I shouldn’t... But, since schools aren’t making NIL offers and it’s just from buainesses/private citizens, what prevents poaching? I also assume Judah is not going to the NBA next year, so my concern is related to him just portalling to a program more likely to make the NCAA tournament. Couldn’t Joe Bob of Joe Bob’s Domestic Pickups make contact with him and lure him to play for Kentucky? The NCAA can’t penalize Kentucky since the school isn’t the bad actor…. Tell me I don’t understand and my scenario can’t happen. Please.

How does NIL work with a player already on a college roster?

I assume there are some sort of ‘tampering’ safeguards. Right? Maybe I shouldn’t... But, since schools aren’t making NIL offers and it’s just from buainesses/private citizens, what prevents poaching? I also assume Judah is not going to the NBA next year, so my concern is related to him just portalling to a program more likely to make the NCAA tournament. Couldn’t Joe Bob of Joe Bob’s Domestic Pickups make contact with him and lure him to play for Kentucky? The NCAA can’t penalize Kentucky since the school isn’t the bad actor…. Tell me I don’t understand and my scenario can’t happen. Please.
Happened a couple times last year, you basically got to pony up or else they hit the transfer portal. There was a few players who didn’t get enough NIL, hit the transfer portal, then came back once their NIL demands were met.

NIL will keep you in the recruiting conversation but you still need to make an effort in recruiting. We all know JB doesn’t do recruiting trips in season.

The fact that these offers are public also gives him leverage to go to schools who are recruiting him harder with a higher NIL number.

NIL will keep you in the recruiting conversation but you still need to make an effort in recruiting. We all know JB doesn’t do recruiting trips in season.

The fact that these offers are public also gives him leverage to go to schools who are recruiting him harder with a higher NIL number.
Well, we should be having a Cadeau-a-thon right now. Who wants to pledge their support? Do we have anyone who wants to donate six or seven figures?

Last edited:
My positive spin is that he was recently going to commit before AAU season in April. Now it’s in 2 days. Maybe Weitsman’s offer was reason to move it up?

Well, we should be having a Cadeau-a-thon right now. Who wants to pledge their support? Do we have anyone who wants to donate six or seven figures?

Not sure about 6 or 7 figure but if we land him I will contribute to adam’s generous offer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom