Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

What is green waiting for ? Really liked this kid, hope we don't regret this one

Well, an assurance is great but I guarantee you, if Green said he's coming here, the staff would tell him to announce so other players would know about it. Then it would be a great chain reaction. That's why I'm sceptical it's a done deal. Leaning here, yes, a lock...no. Nothing comes easy for us lately.
You can't even trust a promise ring these days.

Kimani Young (assitant coach at Minossata) had a big impact with AAU within NYC. He is from Queens I believe and I want to say was coaching at St. John's at one point...could be wrong though, but he was on Washington real early and I believe he had an impact on him choosing the Gophers. He also offered Sid Wilosn early too. I believe the Gophers was pretty much both of their 1st offers or so.

That smells of desperation...why would he commit to the gophers? That opportunity or a similar one will be there in 6 months.

Dream school or not, why be some programs rebound?

pfister1 said:
That smells of desperation...why would he commit to the gophers? That opportunity or a similar one will be there in 6 months.

Hey when you have a chance to play for a coach who hasn't proven anything and has a good chance of being canned after the season, you can't turn it down

Can't blame him -- had no offer from us and it appears to be clear he was just a backup plan here if plan A or B didn't come to fruition. We just better hope plan A or B comes to fruition.

Its so funny reading the different mindsets between the football & basketball recruiting boards.

In a parallel universe we'd be ripping for star cornerback Isaah Washington for going to the Big 10 school... Because he's just going to get recruited over.

I wouldn't be opposed to the staff getting back involved with Washington. I see him as more of a combo / scorer than a pure point. Kid can really put the ball in the basket, and we' need guards.

With Walker seeming less likely, maybe Washington could help fit the bill.

I wouldn't be opposed to the staff getting back involved with Washington. I see him as more of a combo / scorer than a pure point. Kid can really put the ball in the basket, and we' need guards.

With Walker seeming less likely, maybe Washington could help fit the bill.
What about Matt Coleman? Could Quade and Coleman co-exist?