Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

I hope you're right. But I will continue to assume that any Top 50 recruit we land is a 1 and done until proven otherwise.

I hope you're right. But I will continue to assume that any Top 50 recruit we land is a 1 and done until proven otherwise.

I went back and researched this. This is what I found:

We've had 17 consensus top 50 guys since 2003. Of those, 3 left after 1 year, 5 after 2 years, 2 left after 3 years, 5 have stayed 4 years, and 2 left the program early.

Richardson(35)-1 year
McCullough(30)-1 year
Kaleb Joseph was top(48) 50 and he stunk.
Tyler Roberson(40) is still here...
Jerami Grant(48)-2 years
DC(22)-Still here
Roc(22)-4 years
MCW(26)-2 years
Fab(14)-2 years
Dion(22)-2 years
Donte Green(9)-1 year
Jonny Flynn(19(-2)years
Paul Harris(12)-3 years
Devendorf(32)-3 years
Josh Wright(39)-Barf
Darryl Watkins(22)-4 years
Terrence Roberts(38)-4 years

I went back and researched this. This is what I found:

We've had 17 consensus top 50 guys since 2003. Of those, 3 left after 1 year, 5 after 2 years, 2 left after 3 years, 5 have stayed 4 years, and 2 left the program early.

Richardson(35)-1 year
McCullough(30)-1 year
Kaleb Joseph was top(48) 50 and he stunk.
Tyler Roberson(40) is still here...
Jerami Grant(48)-2 years
DC(22)-Still here
Roc(22)-4 years
MCW(26)-2 years
Fab(14)-2 years
Dion(22)-2 years
Donte Green(9)-1 year
Jonny Flynn(19(-2)years
Paul Harris(12)-3 years
Devendorf(32)-3 years
Josh Wright(39)-Barf
Darryl Watkins(22)-4 years
Terrence Roberts(38)-4 years

Bigs tend to take longer to develop than guards. If you take that info into account, you find out that SU tends to have either kids who leave early as guards or busts. It's roughly 2 yrs or bust. Forwards 2-3 yrs or bust & Centers, well, SU doesn't get a lot of top centers. But if they do, they are likely here about 3 yrs.

Antiprodigy said:
Bigs tend to take longer to develop than guards. If you take that info into account, you find out that SU tends to have either kids who leave early as guards or busts. It's roughly 2 yrs or bust. Forwards 2-3 yrs or bust & Centers, well, SU doesn't get a lot of top centers. But if they do, they are likely here about 3 yrs.

Fab Melo, Rakeem Christmas and DaJuan Coleman were all McDonalds All Americans.

This kid can ball. It would be so sweet to get him and Green. I guess I'm dreaming a bit, huh?

Nothing is signed yet... If things go south with green then washington's recruitment will open back up.

Minni put the pressure on him now because there is another PG that will me committing next week and it is down to Dayton and Minni. He claimed his spot... For now

We could be playing a dangerous game of Russian roulette, unless we are extremely confident Green will be Orange.
yep, and it would appear that Washington may be trying to force our hand a bit in said game of Russian roulette.

One day, one of these guys will make this easier. If Green has given assurances there is no reason to delay. Russian roulette is right.

One day, one of these guys will make this easier. If Green has given assurances there is no reason to delay. Russian roulette is right.

Well, an assurance is great but I guarantee you, if Green said he's coming here, the staff would tell him to announce so other players would know about it. Then it would be a great chain reaction. That's why I'm sceptical it's a done deal. Leaning here, yes, a lock...no. Nothing comes easy for us lately.

Well, an assurance is great but I guarantee you, if Green said he's coming here, the staff would tell him to announce so other players would know about it. Then it would be a great chain reaction. That's why I'm sceptical it's a done deal. Leaning here, yes, a lock...no. Nothing comes easy for us lately.
Except for steamrolling our way to the Final Four as a ten seed. That comes easy to us.

:chest bump: