Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

Francis03

All American
Spent his first three years at St. Rays but like teammate Sid Wilson, he's also heading to Brewster next season. Red has kept tabs on him for years and now Washington is adding SU on his main list. I was never blown away by him during the last HS season, but he has really stepped it up and is playing very well during the spring/summer circuit.

Solid backup PG plan and would like him even if we land one of our higher rated recruits at the position. Lots of openings next year and he could be a great four year program type player. Seems to have very solid lead guard skills.

Sherman Douglas was a solid backup too. Ya never know.

Absolutely. Meant "backup" in terms of who we're prioritizing in recruiting this year at the PG position. But obviously that all means pretty much nothing once they get on campus.

Absolutely. Meant "backup" in terms of who we're prioritizing in recruiting this year at the PG position. But obviously that all means pretty much nothing once they get on campus.
I was just trying to say it is important to keep recruiting kids that might be around for a few years.
I like your posts.

Spent his first three years at St. Rays but like teammate Sid Wilson, he's also heading to Brewster next season. Red has kept tabs on him for years and now Washington is adding SU on his main list. I was never blown away by him during the last HS season, but he has really stepped it up and is playing very well during the spring/summer circuit.
Back on topic. If Red likes him,so do I. Got seven scholarships that year!

Jelly Fam and Alvarado would jump on an offer from SU more so than Matt Coleman. So it's important for the staff to decide who is the better fit.

Do you have a preference (for Cuse)? And is it close either way?

How many times have we heard that and they go elsewhere.
Last person from Rays to say the same thing about Cuse being his "dream school."
hodge-uconn.jpg