Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Yes, he plays not too far away from me, so if we offer him and are a legit player for him, I'll monitor him and check him out.

I'll grab a drink with you at Egan's afterwards

This kid is nice. He shoots dribbling left, dribbling right, step in and shoot and catch and shoot. He finishes at the rim with both hands. I would like to see more video of his PG skills. But, if Quinerly is a no go, this kid would be one hell of a consolation.
Quinerly is a no go. Forget it. We are out. This is the guy.

We seem to be moving toward UConn style guards; could that mean non-100% zone?

For what it's worth, Immaculate Conception is solid academically.
From his older video it seems like he went to Dwight Englewood which is known much more for academics then sports in northern New Jersey.

From his older video it seems like he went to Dwight Englewood which is known much more for academics then sports in northern New Jersey.
Yes, I know it well. Great academic school.

He is a guy that we are going to go after really hard if Ayala doesn't come here. maybe even if he does.

Great news, really like this kid's game. Super athletic and very good skill set at all three levels. There is a trend here with Battle, TT (to a degree), O'Shae and this kid. Carey brings a lot more to the table relative to Ayala, not that Ayala isn't good, this kid has more game and quickness.

Love this kid. If I could take anyone for 2018 that we have a shot with, then it's him. Think he's going to be a star, and will be special in his first year. If we get him, and with the experience that our freshmen will have, along with hopefully TT surrounding him then 2018-2019 could be a great year. Along with whoever else we add. Hopefully Tucker. That lineup would be so balanced.

Unfortunately Battle probably won't be around, so need a 2 as well. Long time to go, but fun to think. Plus, he's in the NY/NJ area that would be great to start taking a hold of. Red, and Griff can hopefully work some magic here.

Love this kid. If I could take anyone for 2018 that we have a shot with, then it's him. Think he's going to be a star, and will be special in his first year. If we get him, and with the experience that our freshmen will have, along with hopefully TT surrounding him then 2018-2019 could be a great year. Along with whoever else we add. Hopefully Tucker. That lineup would be so balanced.

Unfortunately Battle probably won't be around, so need a 2 as well. Long time to go, but fun to think. Plus, he's in the NY/NJ area that would be great to start taking a hold of. Red, and Griff can hopefully work some magic here.
I agree with everything you said. Hopefully G-Mac isn't the lead recruiter on this one.

I agree with everything you said. Hopefully G-Mac isn't the lead recruiter on this one.

I hope not. If he is then I hope he can pull it off, but this should be Griff or Red, and JB.

This kid can do it all. Not any highlights of his passing, but he's the prototypical PG for Syracuse. He takes over games it seems.

He has great form on his shot. He can slash, and score with both hands. He makes floaters. His energy seems to be great, and he's always active on D. The way he uses hesitation moves to fool his defender is beautiful. The Euro step is on point, as much as I don't like it but he has it. I don't see many weaknesses in his skill set. Physically, sure. But, barely.

I really think he would be our next great PG. Hopeful that we get to see that happen. He has the NYC toughness, and ability to score in so many ways. I want to get back to that type of ball. This guy on a fast break here would be lethal. We need to hit NY/NJ, and I like adding Griff. We should be able to pull a top PG with our staff. Jalen is just the epitome of a PG that Syracuse needs. JB would let him loose, and we can finally start running again. Never get so excited about a recruit, so I hope this works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom