Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I'm shocked he's even doing the in home visit with UCONN now that they signed a PG. UCONN used to be a contender but they play in a crappy conference, and haven't been putting guys in the NBA like they used to.

Miami, on the other hand, has put about all of 3 guys in the NBA ever. The only way I see Jalen going to Miami is if he values palm tress and the beach more than his potential NBA career.

This SHOULD be a slam dunk signing for Syracuse. Come on Jalen! 30,000+ fans are waiting to scream your name!
Let's go ORANGE!!!!!

If you can play, NBA scouts will find you. I don't think there are too many coaches these days that are developing kids into NBA players, especially the 1 and done guys. Don't think you can really use that pitch as much these days, especially for a player like Carey.

If you can play, NBA scouts will find you. I don't think there are too many coaches these days that are developing kids into NBA players, especially the 1 and done guys. Don't think you can really use that pitch as much these days, especially for a player like Carey.
They key phrase there is, "if you can play" (the NBA will find you). Most of that is talent but an important part is coaching. Coaches have to get the best out of their players and put them in a position to showcase their skills. JB's one of the best at that .. taking 3 or4 star players that might be considered "marginal" NBA prospects but then get drafted in the first round. There's a reason we've had a kid taken in the first round every year but one recently.

Whoa. This gym is where my Catholic elementary school league held a bunch of its playoff games including the championship game that my team lost in 8th grade.

And I don't really want to talk about it anymore.

What? No I'm not crying I just have something in my eye
Say it..."HIS FOOT WAS ON THE LINE!!!"

Why do I feel alot less confident on Carey today than I did a week ago? I'm a nobody with no inside info so the way I feel means nothing. Just thought some of the guys with knowledge would have hinted on something. The fact they haven't worried me.

Why do I feel alot less confident on Carey today than I did a week ago? I'm a nobody with no inside info so the way I feel means nothing. Just thought some of the guys with knowledge would have hinted on something. The fact they haven't worried me.

I feel the same way, although AZOrange came with some (positive) heat.

Not gunna put too much stock into zags interview but I do like the sounds of it...i think jalen knows how important he is to us and that we have made him priority #1 This entire time...i think the uconn stuff is him just being nice now, I think once they got that commitment from that guard the other day he was probably think oh heck no that's too many guys handling the rock. Not sure the multiple guards thing is something he's looking for but then again who knows. Still think it's us vs Miami and ultimately we win out

We live in results oriented culture

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom