Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

“I was thinking about committing on my birthday, Oct. 11th,” he said. “I spoke with my principal about it, she said we could set up something here, like a school day.”
Bummer that he's going to drag this out til next month. My nerves can't take it! I have a gut feeling the parents want him closer to home and think he should go to Syracuse so they can watch him play in person on the regular. But he sounds genuinely conflicted. I would think Cuse's NBA draft/guard development track record, the opportunity to play PG, the Melo Center, the fan support, the hype/exposure he'd get here, and the chance to play with Bazley and Brissett would make us a no brainer. To me, Syracuse seems like the obvious choice, all things considered. I guess he just needs some time to think through his decision--and hopefully come to the same conclusion.

Bummer that he's going to drag this out til next month. My nerves can't take it! I have a gut feeling the parents want him closer to home and think he should go to Syracuse so they can watch him play in person on the regular. But he sounds genuinely conflicted. I would think Cuse's NBA draft/guard development track record, the opportunity to play PG, the Melo Center, the fan support, the hype/exposure he'd get here, and the chance to play with Bazley and Brissett would make us a no brainer. To me, Syracuse seems like the obvious choice, all things considered. I guess he just needs some time to think through his decision--and hopefully come to the same conclusion.

ad6514df035291f1f256f2fcd409f8ddac7782fd3c8e2be4a8d5a203aa22ea09.jpg

Relax...if he wants to make an announcement on his birthday, then good for him. The fact he set an announcement date right after his cuse ov is good news imo

I have a very positive feeling about this.

UCONN already signed a PG, so even if he gets playing time he will not be a primary ball handler, nor will he be showcasing his ability to run a team. Plus the AAC is not the same caliber conference as the ACC.

Miami has no fan base, and has put 3 players in the NBA in the past. Not a guaranteed starter there either.

Syracuse offers a starting job, a priority recruit, the Carrier Dome with 30K+ fans, loads of tv coverage, incredible fan base, loads of guards already in the NBA, and proximity to home.

I'd be more concerned if Kansas was still in the mix. I wrote it before and I'll write it again... unless palm trees and sunshine mean more than his future NBA career, he's crazy to go to Miami. I hope his family can ensure that he keeps his focus where it needs to be... ensuring the best possible path to the the NBA. That ain't Miami or UCONN.

Can't wait for Oct. 11th... Happy B'day future Syracuse PG Jalen Carey!!!!!

He is saying something nice about each school. Doesn't mean he is conflicted. Just means he is a well raised young man.

Relax...if he wants to make an announcement on his birthday, then good for him. The fact he set an announcement date right after his cuse ov is good news imo
I was being sarcastic about the nerves thing. I too feel he'll choose Cuse in the end.

I agree. He wants to celebrate on his birthday. I think SU is confident too. After the QG debacle, I doubt we'd go this all or none route again without a good deal of certainty.

I think the fact that JB is more involved in recruiting and is going to be the coach for 5 more years that if the strategy is used it will have more success in the future but I'm not a fan of this strategy.

I gather that our chances are very good here. Also, something about wookies, ewoks, meatloaf, and imaginary bets.

Why do I feel alot less confident on Carey today than I did a week ago? I'm a nobody with no inside info so the way I feel means nothing. Just thought some of the guys with knowledge would have hinted on something. The fact they haven't worried me.

Carey's dad said some favorable things about Syracuse and what they could offer Jalen. I have yet to see/hear him comment positively about Miami situation or Uconn. This gives me continued hope that he will be wearing Orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom