Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Carey's dad said some favorable things about Syracuse and what they could offer Jalen. I have yet to see/hear him comment positively about Miami situation or Uconn. This gives me continued hope that he will be wearing Orange
I agree with this. Not to mention playing with a player like Darius Bazley is only going to make Carey better if his goal is to get to the NBA. That appeal has to be there.

I agree with this. Not to mention playing with a player like Darius Bazley is only going to make Carey better if his goal is to get to the NBA. That appeal has to be there.
Why do that when you can share the backcourt with Christian Vital and Akinjo?!?!???

At this point, assuming Larrier and Jalen Adams leave - Carey will have to "share the ball" with Vital, Gilbert and Akinjo while having pretty much just Sid Wilson on the wing.

I'd prefer to be the lead guard aat a place with Dolezaj, Bazley, Brissett on the wings and a few pretty good shooters in Washington and Buddy.

Anyway, the ACC is an enormous advantage, but I also think there is something to be said for the fact that Cuse is a second class citizen in their league while we're by far the biggest brand in the American. That means every time a high profile tournament needs to choose a team from your league, you're going to be chosen. It means every time a TV network needs to meet their quotient for games (i.e. the AAC needs six CBS games a year), you're going to be chosen. It also means you're going to be on TV every game rather than buried on the ACC network because Louisville is playing Duke on the prime time slot.

Also given the fact that college basketball isn't really a thing for the vast majority of sports fans aside from maybe a couple weeks in November and March, and the benefits of your son playing in the ACC can be overstated. Would you rather be drawing a handful of die-hards on ESPN in January or do you want the whole world watching on CBS in April? Again, not saying conference isn't a huge factor, I just don't think it should be the biggest one.

"Hey this may be a conference of turds, but we're the SHINIEST turd."

Anyway, the ACC is an enormous advantage, but I also think there is something to be said for the fact that Cuse is a second class citizen in their league while we're by far the biggest brand in the American. That means every time a high profile tournament needs to choose a team from your league, you're going to be chosen. It means every time a TV network needs to meet their quotient for games (i.e. the AAC needs six CBS games a year), you're going to be chosen. It also means you're going to be on TV every game rather than buried on the ACC network because Louisville is playing Duke on the prime time slot.

Also given the fact that college basketball isn't really a thing for the vast majority of sports fans aside from maybe a couple weeks in November and March, and the benefits of your son playing in the ACC can be overstated. Would you rather be drawing a handful of die-hards on ESPN in January or do you want the whole world watching on CBS in April? Again, not saying conference isn't a huge factor, I just don't think it should be the biggest one.

UConn finished 6th (out of 11) in AAC last year, behind such hoops dynasties as:
SMU, Cincy, Houston, UCF, and Memphis.
They were 6th the prior 2 seasons also.

definitely the biggest brand in the American. :rolleyes:

aka "Would you rather consistently be on ESPN every year knowing you will play Duke, UNC, Ville, etc. or bank on us making a miracle run to get you on TV?"

With Cincy being a good team and Wichita State joining, UConn will be lucky to finish top 4 in the AAC. The NIT didn't even want them last year.

That man can make chicken salad out of chicken poo

I should add that i pointed out the tv exposure for cuse v uconn (cuse had way more exposure and high profile games) in a post on by last year and got banned for it. That nitwit cant even look up tv schedules and see that uconn gets much less exposure than cuse. Someone making an argument the aac is a strength is alarmingly ignorant, even for a message board post.

Reading that article on zagsblog, where the last thing he said was "god forbid I get hurt, I want a education" that just makes me want him more and more! Good parents, good head on his shoulders! I want kids like Moyer, Bazely, Washington, Carey etc!! Kids who want orange juice and want to be here and help brining others in!! Keep it in the Cuse family like the Coaches!! Love Cuse!! Go Orange!!

Reading that article on zagsblog, where the last thing he said was "god forbid I get hurt, I want a education" that just makes me want him more and more! Good parents, good head on his shoulders! I want kids like Moyer, Bazely, Washington, Carey etc!! Kids who want orange juice and want to be here and help brining others in!! Keep it in the Cuse family like the Coaches!! Love Cuse!! Go Orange!!

Glad he said education and not laptop

Glad he said education and not laptop
what-you-did-b7bhlm.jpg

I seriously forget they exist during conference play
This is the truth. When Memphis was the only team in Conference USA, they at least were consistently good. I can take off my orange colored glasses and admit that UCONN has a storied history in college basketball and some national titles. Until they move into a real basketball conference, however, they will be fighting the uphill battle in recruiting and recognition.

Someone on the Boneyard said he has a connection within NJ hoops and he says he thinks Carey to Cuse is a done deal. Hope he's right. He cited Carey's relationship with Red as being a big plus.
We have been blessed with some of the best assistant coaches. Loyal, hard working, etc. All will be top D1 guys at one point imo.

Edit. I hope it is always kept in the family.

Last edited:
10/11 was the birthday of my gf from college. She ended up being a horrible human being and my life has been so much better since that relationship ended. Here's to hoping that day can become a better memory for me than it was in the past!!!!!

Go Cuse!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom