Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is ND gonna have to surround him with? I know there is a lot academically and the school itself plus he can be the guy but the supporting cast of players hasn't been much to write home about of late. They have been a .500 team or less essentially.

I think it’s good news if our coaching staff is quiet. They wouldn’t be careful if they felt he was going elsewhere.
My guess would be staff keeping quiet hoping to persuade last minute change of heart. Seems unlikely given CB from lead analyst night before supposed announcement.

My guess would be staff keeping quiet hoping to persuade last minute change of heart. Seems unlikely given CB from lead analyst night before supposed announcement.

Lead Analyst? I don't see anything about him being a Lead Analyst

What is ND gonna have to surround him with? I know there is a lot academically and the school itself plus he can be the guy but the supporting cast of players hasn't been much to write home about of late. They have been a .500 team or less essentially.
Who knows? Maybe he met some girl in Indiana and he wants to be near her. It's easy for us to say that Cuse would be his best landing spot but try reasoning with an 18 year old.

Who knows? Maybe he met some girl in Indiana and he wants to be near her. It's easy for us to say that Cuse would be his best landing spot but try reasoning with an 18 year old.

No doubt. His comment about trusting his teammates being a big deal was the only reason I mentioned that.

Well, he's been wrong before.

He has it at a 7 level confidence wise which is high but still not a lock. He is a UK guy, so gotta figure it's a general bet that if the local team isn't a clear home run and Duke's guy picked ND, you pair that with comments like on this board and it's pretty easy to make that call with moderate confidence even if things are close to the vest.

Well, in some cases but he hasn't told anyone (that I know of,yet) so not really.
Well it would be bad form if either the winner or even the losers revealed what they were told by JJ and ruined his reveal.

oof. was really hoping this class was gonna be the one to turn things around. I don't really count the dior loss. But at one time we were involved with Chance (out of our control), Zion Cruz, Kamari, Flip, JJ and it was exciting. Looks like we'll end up with a class of raw talent, ranked somewhere around 30th. A far cry from the top 10 class we were all hoping for for sure.

The transfer portal makes these decisions and high school recruiting in general much less significant IMO.
In most cases I probably agree but it sure seems like JJ is blossoming into a potential first round draft pick and you’re not going to find many guys of that caliber in the portal.

We’re still going to have a good class and we’ll probably be able to supplement it in the portal if need be but JJ is/was the difference between good and great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom