Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is going to ND, and he has said that he wants to be THE man, then it makes sense. He will likely be the man from day one.

And how will his hometown fans embrace him in the dome?
Not well. He will be booed e dry time he touches the ball. If he’s a one man gang, it could be a long night. He better hope they have players around him.

Actually it likely will be if Copeland and Taylor do well at IMG. Large class plus mostly top 100 guys will rank it up there.
Not to be a dink but bunch and Taylor are in the 70s, maliq brown 222, Copeland 147 and Carey unranked. I like them all, and I'm grateful we'll get to cheer them on, but that's not a class that's coming remotely close to the top 10 in rankings.

Not to be a dink but bunch and Taylor are in the 70s, maliq brown 222, Copeland 147 and Carey unranked. I like them all, and I'm grateful we'll get to cheer them on, but that's not a class that's coming remotely close to the top 10 in rankings.
You missed the memo that EVERY recruit we get or visits us is criminally underrated as a plot by the services to take us down.

I think it all depends on how Carey gets ranked, once evaluated. Also, what Copeland and Taylor end up at the final ranking. Bunch as well, if we land him. It will be interesting to see how Copeland and Taylor develop at IMG. If nothing else, they should be more ready to contribute early. At the end of the day, high school ranking is for us to talk about until they hit campus, then the real player reveals himself. I think we’ve got a nice group. JJ would have been a nice addition, but if he thinks ND gives him a better chance to succeed, then good luck. I look forward to hearing the rationale.

Copeland is expected to jump to top 100. It's nothing new he had been on the rise. He is 86 on rivals. Carey could very well be top 100 when he is evaluated. He hasn't been so the lack of ranking is because of the lack of evaluation. So you very well could get Bunch and have 4 top 100 kids and then add Brown. That will land as top 20 at worst likely at least top 15.

Look at Cincy. They have 88, 146 and 158 and sit 16th.

You missed the memo that EVERY recruit we get or visits us is criminally underrated as a plot by the services to take us down.

Isn't the case at all with this class at least. Copeland started to blow up late and Carey not yet evaluated.

One thing I will say was that exodus of players last year was a killer in recruiting

Last edited:
Is mike brey even gonna be the coach still when he gets there? He’s struggled mightily the past couple years with talent. Make it break year for him.
Exactly. You’d think the family would be concerned about Brey departing or getting canned. ND hasn’t put hardly any of their guys in the NBA either, and are a clear tier below us in terms of ACC power rankings. Other than a top flight academic reputation, I don’t see what they can offer him that Syracuse can’t. And it’s a VERY conservative school with all kinds of weird rules and antiquated Catholic restrictions.

Last edited:
Hoping Symir is making some phone calls right about now. He’s our best chance in this

In most cases I probably agree but it sure seems like JJ is blossoming into a potential first round draft pick and you’re not going to find many guys of that caliber in the portal.

We’re still going to have a good class and we’ll probably be able to supplement it in the portal if need be but JJ is/was the difference between good and great.
I know Brey made some coaching staff changes after last season or the one before because he was starting to feel the heat. Did they find a good recruiter? Who’s the lead assistant on JJ at ND?

Last edited:
Exactly. You’d think the family would be concerned about Brey departing or getting canned. ND hasn’t put many of their guys in the NBA either, and are a clear tier below us in terms of ACC power rankings. Other than a top flight academic reputation, I don’t see what they can offer him that Syracuse can’t. And it’s a VERY conservative school with all kinds of weird rules and antiquated Catholic restrictions.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed in JJs ND pics he wears a cross necklace...maybe the catholic school route is what he's looking for? Idk but what a kick in the nuts. Duke I can understand and I hate them...but ND basketball? Cmon man!! I agree with those talking about all of our transfers last season and the playing time situation possibly turning someone like JJ off on cuse. Thats hard to argue against what transpired last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom