Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. It isn't hard to be "correct" when they change their answers every time the wind blows.

Remember Nerlens Noel? One of the crystal ball writers with a great % track record changed his answer three times to three different schools the day Noel announced. Eventually, he got the final prediction "right," but it demonstrates that these guys are often spit balling.
Yes, I understand it happens. I said more often then not they're correct. There's obviously time for them to start changing the picks and when that happens then its pretty apparent what the decision will be...let's see if that happens! Wonder when Mike M will put his pick in?

FWIW..I just got a text that it isn't us.
I hope I'm wrong wrong wrong
1634061961083.png

This is trending the right way? Every prediction has gone to Notre dame. When was the last time every analyst had a prospect going one place and were wrong and he ended up at Cuse?
Fab Melo? Jake had it right for us though :)

This is trending the right way? Every prediction has gone to Notre dame. When was the last time every analyst had a prospect going one place and were wrong and he ended up at Cuse?
So you trust guys that have zero chance of knowing information over some of us who are literally texting the coaching staff right now about the scenario?

This thread will be more exciting then the actual decision. Setting up to be a good one!

We might not like them as competitors etc but ‘dumpster fire school’ is far from the truth. They sadly far outrank us academically, always have a competitive football program (it’s sure big happy news here and elsewhere when they aren’t a contender for a top flight bowl) and have a mediocre basketball program. They have an overall acceptance rate of 18.4% in 2021 so attracting top students certainly isn’t an issue. Love ‘em or hate em, like it or not, they are far from a dumpster fire school. That said, sure wish JJ had chosen SU - JJ will be competing for time with 2 highly ranked current hometown freshman guards at Notre Dame too. Will be interesting how all that shakes out too. ND currently has a very heavy guard laden roster too. Men's Basketball
I thought my “”””” indicated sarcasm

Usually when there’s a bunch of picks right before decision day that’s fairly instructive of where the players going.

It’s Notre Dame. Feel free to dunk on this at 501 though.
Negative Nancy

Copeland Taylor Bunch Brown Carey will provide depth for next year’s roster. Taylor will likely start at SG if JJ doesn’t commit to Cuse. Use the transfer portal if Cole of Benny depart since a starting position and PT will be available .

We’ll still have a competitive roster next year even if JJ goes elsewhere. Btw, i bet we’ll be better than ND next year too.

A la Chris Thomas minus having Humphrey
This is the name I was trying to remember. He was a very good guard on some decent teams, but still didn't garner as much attention because he was at ND. I've never had a quarrel w/ ND basketball... football OTOH, is a different story. But I digress.
If JJ feels its the best option for him, my reaction will be; "Why, that's adorable", whereas if it was Duke, I'd be pissed.

Yeah I just think the wind is blowing in the direction of Notre Dame. It is what it is

Ch
This is the name I was trying to remember. He was a very good guard on some decent teams, but still didn't garner as much attention because he was at ND. I've never had a quarrel w/ ND basketball... football OTOH, is a different story. But I digress.
If JJ feels its the best option for him, my reaction will be; "Why, that's adorable", whereas if it was Duke, I'd be pissed.
Chris Thomas. He was quite the defensive player. Especially against Billy Edelin.

If Billy could have played against Thomas every game, he would have led the nation in scoring. And shooting percentage.

We always try to talk ourselves into the outcome we desire around here...its like how people always say the crystal ball stuff is pointless yet it usually turns out correct more often then not.

T minus 2 hours and only two "experts" have made predictions on 247.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom