Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really feel comfortable assuming Carey is anything more than a 3 star when he's evaluated nor do I want to assume the guys that are already ranked will suddenly significantly jump up. If everyone stays around where they are now, Carey gets slotted in as a 3 star, and we get Bunch, that should put us around 20-25.

Edit: I also don't really care where our rankings are. We've landed highly rated guys that I thought were bad and relatively low rated guys that I thought were good and we've obviously had instances of all of the above panning out/busting.
While I don’t know how far Carey will be ranked it’s impossible to Kkow, I do know that right now without his ranking he essentially doesn’t count on our class ranking because he doesn’t have a grade. Therefore, regardless if he’s just a 3star, top 200, it’ll still add to the total class grade/ranking. A 3star could have a grade from like 2-10 or so. Quadir is around 9.5 while brown is closer to 3, though both are 3 stars according to website I shall not name.

Don't be pessimistic. No one knows anything for sure. We have a shot. So does ND. We will all know soon enough. If you want something positive, I do know this. We really impressed him on his last visit here. We have everything to offer him.
I am trying real hard. I mean, either way.

I thought that initially and guys still have to commit but if Cincy with 88, 146 and 158 is the 16th rated class right now...

The guys going to pro leagues has shifted things a bit as has teams being more about the portal.

I don't think my point is getting across. Whether we are 12th 15th or 20th for '22 it's not going to be an elite class unless guys over perform. It's not going to translate to guaranteed top 20 poll rankings. It's simply just looking at the numbers. I mean hell, drop Carey as top 200 and you end up with 3 top 100 guys assuming only that we get Bunch and Copeland rises up and it's still probably top 20.

Some of you are conflating class ranking with projected program performance. I've been clear that I am not doing so.

My only positive thinking here (God forbid I do that, I am no homer) is that existing pieces in trouble areas and the measurables and style of the guys we are bringing in and targeting align better with the type of teams that have succeeded which then gives me hope. That's it. There is so much frustration over a decision still pending that even an ounce of optimism is attacked it's a virus.
There's still a lot of guys yet to commit anywhere. Looking at the last couple years, 20-25 seems to be our range (again, working off my assumptions of no significant changes to player rankings).

We need to let things play out with this class. Rankings will change as the rankings are for their junior years. We may not have a stud in the class but it could be very deep and well balanced. Just for context here is the ranking of the players for Baylor’s top 8 last year who played in the NC game.

Mitchell #59
Vital #89
Mayer #93
Butler #97
Thamba #251
Teague #279
Flagler unranked
Tchatchoua unranked (foreign)

There's still a lot of guys yet to commit anywhere. Looking at the last couple years, 20-25 seems to be our range (again, working off my assumptions of no significant changes to player rankings).

There is but more so outside the top 100 which covers more ground in terms of schools. The impacts of kids going to OT Elite, Ignite etc appears to me it's shifted things a bit. We will see where it lands. I think it's top 15-20. Again with that not being anything more than how the numbers fall

Right, they handpick their students and fees and get it all, and they place quite nicely in life. No offense to Rutgers. Honestly it's one of the greatest marketing moves in American history.

If this is the endpoint for JJ so be it. They seem to run a sane yet bland hoops program.
All offense to Rutgers

We need to let things play out with this class. Rankings will change as the rankings are for their junior years. We may not have a stud in the class but it could be very deep and well balanced. Just for context here is the ranking of the players for Baylor’s top 8 last year who played in the NC game.

Mitchell #59
Vital #89
Mayer #93
Butler #97
Thamba #251
Teague #279
Flagler unranked
Tchatchoua unranked (foreign)
No stud….yet…

Campus isn’t any more grand than many others, and South Bend is a dump of a city.
I would agree with South Bend being a dump. While the campus is the best one that I've ever been to, many of the academic buildings are surprisingly run down and old.

I would agree with South Bend being a dump. While the campus is the best one that I've ever been to, many of the academic buildings are surprisingly run down and old.

I haven't been there since we beat them with GRob, but I would second that opinion. Maybe they have made a lot of improvements in the past 15 years, but I was completely underwhelmed. The Joyce Center was a dump as well.

My favorites are West Point and Haverford.

FWIW - 4 Rivals analysts putting predictions to ND since last night. Obviously not set in stone, but unanimous predictions the night before/day of announcement are typically not based on nothing, especially in that business.

They ARE often based on nothing. Crystal balls are classic groupthink.

Doesn't mean he won't select Notre Dame, but I think it is important to reiterate that this kid and his family have let NOTHING slip. Nobody knows anything definitive -- least of all Rivals talking heads.

They see someone leaning ND, and they tend to follow the prediction like lemmings. That's all.

All recruiting class math is Opinion Math.
It’s opinions about opinions. And those class opinions are less relevant than the individual recruit ranking opinions, because classes don’t often play together as units.

They ARE often based on nothing. Crystal balls are classic groupthink.

Doesn't mean he won't select Notre Dame, but I think it is important to reiterate that this kid and his family have let NOTHING slip. Nobody knows anything definitive -- least of all Rivals talking heads.

They see someone leaning ND, and they tend to follow the prediction like lemmings. That's all.
Exactly.

Serious question- Can Rivals or any of the recruiting services pay a kid or family member to let them know where they will be attending college?

Guess the cousin was legit. Someone start a quick go fundme and pay him off to let us know ahead of time.

This has been the most tight lipped recruitment I’ve ever seen. There’s no way that this got
Leaked to crystal ball guys now. No way.

JJ gonna stay home and fill the Dome!

Would he inform the team he picked beforehand, though? They could be the leak.

Would he inform the team he picked beforehand, though? They could be the leak.
This is always the case and it has been confirmed that I know it is not any school right now. There has been no confirmation of another school to the coaching staff as of noon. Just so you guys know. I’m always told if it’s another school so that’s a great sign. This is trending the right way...

This is always the case and it has been confirmed that I know it is not any school right now. There has been no confirmation of another school to the coaching staff as of noon. Just so you guys know. I’m always told if it’s another school so that’s a great sign. This is trending the right way...
This is trending the right way? Every prediction has gone to Notre dame. When was the last time every analyst had a prospect going one place and were wrong and he ended up at Cuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom