Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drag racing?
72CA7A60-41C7-442B-93BA-B3AD596716A6.jpeg

I feel like JB is loyal to his vets so wouldn’t be surprised if Sy and JG3 start. But Sy would prob play 10-15 min max, similar to Coleman/Lydon PT allocation.
Eh - I’ve never seen a “token starter” at PG. it’s always a center, and we don’t pass to them anyway, so it doesn’t make a difference.

so this sounds/feels like it's SU vs Wake. Looking at Wake's roster, have to think a big factor will be if Daivien Williamson comes back - 4th yr combo (mostly point) who Forbes loves (came over with him from ETSU), averges 30min/13p per game... anyone hearing anything about him?

Kid’s a hooper. I think the combo guard status hurts his ranking, but there aren’t more than a handful of guards anyone can definitively say are better in this class. A crafty scorer/slasher to pair with an interior presence (Edwards), shooters (Girard/Swider/Taylor) and glue (Williams/Anselem/Brown) is a solid, dynamic rotation through and through.

Kid’s a hooper. I think the combo guard status hurts his ranking, but there aren’t more than a handful of guards anyone can definitively say are better in this class. A crafty scorer/slasher to pair with an interior presence (Edwards), shooters (Girard/Swider/Taylor) and glue (Williams/Anselem/Brown) is a solid, dynamic rotation through and through.
Agreed

He’ll be a starting guard here next year. Book it. I actually really like a 3 guard rotation of Mintz, Girard and Symir. They all bring a little something different to the table. Tbh Mintz is exactly what we needed this year. A playmaker that can break someone down 1 on 1 and get the ball to our shooters. It’ll be good to have Copeland redshirt/get spot minutes for a year as he’ll need to adjust to being the primary ball handler. I like our guard situation. If Cole stays and Benny takes a step up next year. We will be a top 15 team

Mintz
Girard Symir and Taylor
Benny
Cole Bunch and Brown
Jesse Frank

That’s a pretty good rotation and depth. Definitely an upgrade talent wise and athleticism wise. You have options with multiple skill sets at each position

He’ll be a starting guard here next year. Book it. I actually really like a 3 guard rotation of Mintz, Girard and Symir. They all bring a little something different to the table. Tbh Mintz is exactly what we needed this year. A playmaker that can break someone down 1 on 1 and get the ball to our shooters. It’ll be good to have Copeland redshirt/get spot minutes for a year as he’ll need to adjust to being the primary ball handler. I like our guard situation. If Cole stays and Benny takes a step up next year. We will be a top 15 team

Mintz
Girard Symir and Taylor
Benny
Cole Bunch and Brown
Jesse Frank

That’s a pretty good rotation and depth. Definitely an upgrade talent wise and athleticism wise. You have options with multiple skill sets at each position
I'm not getting caught up in any hype yet until September 1st. But my biggest hope is we have those ten plus our other two recruits as well. That would be nice.

Mintz
Girard Symir and Taylor
Benny
Cole Bunch and Brown
Jesse Frank

I still think you’d need a transfer to bolster scoring and athleticism. Hard to count on freshman.

Well if Mintz watched the end of the Miami game he's probably putting on his Wake sweatshirt.

Or maybe it was painfully obvious how desperately this team needs a PG like him.
Nobody has to promise him a starting spot. Should be pretty obvious now. Hope we get him.

Mintz
Girard Symir and Taylor
Benny
Cole Bunch and Brown
Jesse Frank

JB won't start a three-guard rotation, it's antithetical to the zone.

JB won't start a three-guard rotation, it's antithetical to the zone.

LOL WUT??

Just in the last decade:
Silent G - 3rd guard.
Mali - 3rd guard.
Eli - 3rd guard.

Just because they were listed on the roster as SF, and played the wing on D in the zone, doesn’t mean they weren’t de facto the 3rd guard.

Hell, Stevie Thompson = 3rd guard.

Give me a break. Steven Thompson was not only 30 years ago, but that was before a time when we committed fully to zone.

Gbinije was 6'7.

Do you honestly think that Boeheim is going to start a 6-foot guard in Joe Girard, a 6-3 guard, and another 6-3 card and play zone?

C'mon.

PS -- we had nobody else mali's year, and he was playing out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.