Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Buddy or Jim or Cole stay, it will still be 13 because they will not count against the scholarship total just like Sidibe did not account this year.

Btw, I am not advocate any of last 3 staying.

Negative.

That was a 1 year exemption.

From 2022-23 onward, everyone counts and the limit is 13.

Just to many "what if's" at the moment. Conceivably Edward's, Frank and Benny could transfer. Mintz is a TBD both in terms of coming (April is a ways off) and if he is a contributor his freshman year. Cole could move on and I think most believe Buddy and Jim are going also. So that's allot of possible change. Might as well sit back and see where the chips fall at this point. It should be interesting.

Just to many "what if's" at the moment. Conceivably Edward's, Frank and Benny could transfer. Mintz is a TBD both in terms of coming (April is a ways off) and if he is a contributor his freshman year. Cole could move on and I think most believe Buddy and Jim are going also. So that's allot of possible change. Might as well sit back and see where the chips fall at this point. It should be interesting.
I don't see Edwards transferring at all.

You forgot Chas Owens which makes 12. If we add Judah Mintz, it will be 13. If Buddy or Jim or Cole stay, it will still be 13 because they will not count against the scholarship total just like Sidibe did not account this year.

Btw, I am not advocate any of last 3 staying.
You aren't an advocate of Cole staying? Who do you want playing forward for us next year? The frosh won't be better and I already think we need at least one portal forward. The idea that we could get two better than Cole is far fetched in my opinion.

You aren't an advocate of Cole staying? Who do you want playing forward for us next year? The frosh won't be better and I already think we need at least one portal forward. The idea that we could get two better than Cole is far fetched in my opinion.

Agreed 144% - Cole returning would be HUUUUUGE for us.

Add stud portal Forward transfer, Benny & the Frosh, and now we’re cooking with gas.

Chaz is a walk-on that was granted a scholarship because scholarships were available, I believe.
You are right but he still has a scholarship.

Cole will be 23 in May. While I really appreciate him and thought he should have had more plays designed for him, its time to move on. Best wishes to him, he is a gamer.

i hope that Benny, Malik, Bunch and Carey get an opportunity to play forward next season. Perhaps even Frank would get a chance.

Last edited:
Cole will be 23 in May. While I really appreciate and thought he should have had more plays designed for him, its time to move on. Best wishes to hike, he is a gamer.

i hope that Benny, Malik, Bunch and Carey get an opportunity to play forward next season. Perhaps even Frank would get a chance.
We would be lucky to win 2 games with that forward group in the ACC. Bunch is the best of that group and as I said here, he scored 2 pts in the game I was at and couldn't stay in front of me on defense and I'm 66

We would be lucky to win 2 games with that forward group in the ACC. Bunch is the best of that group and as I said here, he scored 2 pts in the game I was at and couldn't stay in front of me on defense and I'm 6
Guess that it is your opinion that Syracuse would not win 2 games with that group of forwards. Hope that defeatist statement will be wrong.

Negative.

That was a 1 year exemption.

From 2022-23 onward, everyone counts and the limit is 13.
I understood that all players (seniors, juniors sophomores and freshmen) that were in the Covid intensive year were allotted one extra year if they chose to use it. From this past year on, incoming players like Benny Williams did not have that extra year.

I understood that all players (seniors, juniors sophomores and freshmen) that were in the Covid intensive year were allotted one extra year if they chose to use it. From this past year on, incoming players like Benny Williams did not have that extra year.
Yes they were allotted the extra year, but there was only 2021-22 you could go over the 13 scholarship limit. Going forward, you have to stay within 13.

Everybody got an extra year.

2021-22 was the only year that "Super Seniors" didn't count against the scholarship limit.

Sidibe didn't count against the 13 player limit this season.

If Jimmy or Buddy decided to return, they WOULD count against the 13 player limit for 2022-23.

Guess that it is your opinion that Syracuse would not win 2 games with that group of forwards. Hope that defeatist statement will be wrong.
It isn't a defeatist statement. I saw Bunch play in person. Have you? The other guys aren't rated in the top 100 players in the class. We have to be realistic. I guess we could live in fantasy land and think that these guys that aren't that good in high school will come in and win at the major college level next year. None of those guys will do as well as Cole. Not even close. But feel free to think whatever you want.

2 Crystal Balls for Depaul on 247Sports. Can't lost recruits to bottom feeders or else you become one.

It isn't a defeatist statement. I saw Bunch play in person. Have you? The other guys aren't rated in the top 100 players in the class. We have to be realistic. I guess we could live in fantasy land and think that these guys that aren't that good in high school will come in and win at the major college level next year. None of those guys will do as well as Cole. Not even close. But feel free to think whatever you want.
You're also basing your entire assessment on Bunch based on one game. It may give hints to his weaknesses & needed areas of development, that's fair. But, he's ranked where he is for a reason. Not a world beater, but a good player. To say over & over again "He can't guard me & I'm 66" is ridiculous & not a fair assessment at all.

You're also basing your entire assessment on Bunch based on one game. It may give hints to his weaknesses & needed areas of development, that's fair. But, he's ranked where he is for a reason. Not a world beater, but a good player. To say over & over again "He can't guard me & I'm 66" is ridiculous & not a fair assessment at all.
I saw him and you didn't. He couldn't stay in front of anyone. I hope he comes in and is great. I think he will be good down the road. He is good helping on the weak side. But guys flew by him. I saw that. You didn't. And I also talked to a national guy that saw him 5 times. And said that he looked about the same in the other 5 games. And sadly, it is a fair assessment. I went to the game hoping to see a guy that could start for us next year. Could he make a big improvement between now and the start of the season. Sure. It's happened before. But the truly ridiculous thing is to hear that we wouldn't want Cole back in favor of these freshman. Who shouldn't be confused with the freshman that Duke gets. Not saying you have done that. But others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.