Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you love it when a plan comes together.
01013E6A-2826-42FC-9609-9F4FFBD53866.gif

I disagree. Edwards suddenly was getting five extra dunks/layups a game AND Girard was getting wide open threes every other possession. Just from the pick and roll. Those last two games, it looked like that play was going to bring our already good offense to the next level. We might have averaged another ten points a game the rest of the season if Edwards stays healthy.

Vs the bottom of the conference mostly though.

Nice pickup.

This is great if not for the weeks of hand wringing from the nervous nellies and
doom and gloomers.

Yes, it's a sleeper. It has at least two board hotties of the year in it too! Lacey and JLH. Aside from that, big fan of Mike the jerk ex boyfriend. Scott Evil also killed it as the wannabe hip hop kid lol

“Oh yeah? You’re the one, AmanDUH…that’s gonna be embarrassed!!”

“Trip McNeeeley!”

That was a throw it on while we’re hanging out in the basement, early HS years staple for my friends and I.

“Oh yeah? You’re the one, AmanDUH…that’s gonna be embarrassed!!”

“Trip McNeeeley!”

That was a throw it on while we’re hanging out in the basement, early HS years staple for my friends and I.
Lol trip mcneeley, I haven’t heard that in forever!

Something like “make sure you wear sandals in the shower” haha.

I was curious where all the CBS to DePaul came from. I read in an interview he decided watching us play duke in the acct.
But it wasn't Depaul it is Syracuse with good old relatable and honest Jim Boeheim, said MIntz. We gonna have a team in '22! Developing but a team.

I disagree. Edwards suddenly was getting five extra dunks/layups a game AND Girard was getting wide open threes every other possession. Just from the pick and roll. Those last two games, it looked like that play was going to bring our already good offense to the next level. We might have averaged another ten points a game the rest of the season if Edwards stays healthy.

Check the level of team we were playing before and after Jesse got hurt.

Symir will be the point. 3 guard lineup. Cole at PF - I hope. If Symir does not have to score he is an above avg ball handler, penetrator and distributor.

Vs the bottom of the conference mostly though.
NC State and Louisville. State was terrible, the performance against them was somewhat predictable, but Louisville was 114 in Pomeroy's defense rankings, and we put up 92... Girard scored 15 on 11 shots with 4 assists to Edwards in 30 minutes. Edwards scored 19 on 11 shots in 26. They just were undefendable that game. Next game... Broken wrist. :(

“College chicks are totally different, bro. They’re all serious and s—t. They all talk about world issues, and…ecomological crap.”

That might be the best scene in the whole movie, lol.
I don't want to get argumentative on such a glorious day, but "with all due respect" ;) I think you are forgetting something

But for the most part we were still playing those top teams close. Jesse may have helped a lot.

Maybe. Didn’t help early in the season.

Regardless, we weren’t getting in the tourney this year. Maybe next!

A few thoughts
-Beyond excited. We deserved to have one break our way.
-obviously this kid is a great player. kind of reminds me a little bit of a bigger Kyle Lowry. But I also think it is good for our class to have him come so none of the other recruits feel like they have to do more than they’re capable of. They can all contribute at their own pace and are properly slotted.
-I honestly think it is a smart move for the kid. Not only can Judah come in and play right away but he will have some serious Athletic competition in practice going up against Symir and quadir. And I suspect Quadir is going to learn a lot from Judah.
-this team will be so much more athletic than this past season. One of the reasons we lost so many close games, besides not being able to get the ball in bounds, is that our lack of athleticism give us a little margin for error. If you watched all the games how often did we take a charge, run a fast break or dunk the ball? Everything was difficult.
-this kid has no idea how popular he already is and will be and how hard people will be rooting for him. Our fans are dying to rally behind this team. And he could potentially be the face of our program. Hard to believe he considered going to a school where basketball is not a priority.
-Judah has some much needed personality and swag that our program needs.
-I’m hoping with Judah and Sy we have seen the last of JG3 at the one. Now he will finally be in his best position to succeed.
-Great day for the Orange. The final 4 has not even been played yet and I wish practice started tomorrow.

I can't express how excited I am about this pickup for so many reasons. As we all know, this isn't just about picking up a great talent. As a program (and fan base) we needed this one!!

If Cole comes back and Benny takes the leap we all expect, look out. Ya gotta think Jesse is smiling from ear to ear right now. Between Joe and Judah (with some Symir tossed in there), he's going to get a lot of great dishes - Cole too! I still hate to see Frank leave, but this one was so huge. <that's what she said>

A few thoughts
-Beyond excited. We deserved to have one break our way.
-obviously this kid is a great player. kind of reminds me a little bit of a bigger Kyle Lowry. But I also think it is good for our class to have him come so none of the other recruits feel like they have to do more than they’re capable of. They can all contribute at their own pace and are properly slotted.
-I honestly think it is a smart move for the kid. Not only can Judah come in and play right away but he will have some serious Athletic competition in practice going up against Symir and quadir. And I suspect Quadir is going to learn a lot from Judah.
-this team will be so much more athletic than this past season. One of the reasons we lost so many close games, besides not being able to get the ball in bounds, is that our lack of athleticism give us a little margin for error. If you watched all the games how often did we take a charge, run a fast break or dunk the ball? Everything was difficult.
-this kid has no idea how popular he already is and will be and how hard people will be rooting for him. Our fans are dying to rally behind this team. And he could potentially be the face of our program. Hard to believe he considered going to a school where basketball is not a priority.
-Judah has some much needed personality and swag that our program needs.
-I’m hoping with Judah and Sy we have seen the last of JG3 at the one. Now he will finally be in his best position to succeed.
-Great day for the Orange. The final 4 has not even been played yet and I wish practice started tomorrow.
Also, we never got a loose ball. Hopefully that changes now.

Just got home. Knew Judah committed but still spent the last 20 minutes reading pages 65-97. You all should be proud of what you’ve done here today. This thread is legendary.
It has a little something for everyone and here is my summary in bullets so no one has to read through the entire thing:
  • Airplane the movie
  • Trip McNeely
  • Mike Dexter
  • Kenny, call sign 'Special K'
  • JLH, call sign AmanDuh
  • Lacey Chabert
  • Some knocks on Buddy, Joe and Symir, but I don't have the time to go through it all :)
  • References to Duke and Duke Commodities Brokers
  • Coffee
  • Espresso
  • Pinot
  • Scotch
  • Bourbon
  • Passing Thoughts on DePaul
  • Milkshakes
  • Stripes
  • Office Space
  • Swingline brand staplers
  • Judah Mintz committed to SU today, at exactly 4:44 pm
(Edited thanks to some goodies I missed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors