Class of 2016 - PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 is guard heavy, lots of talent in that class, Heron and Ball already off the board and there is still Battle, Murray, Simmons and others.

Its good to see the staff keeping their options open. It seems a smart decision to have a good relationship with a few other guards just in case Battle does decide to go elsewhere. Like we haven't offered Murray I doubt we offer Simmons either . . . . unless SU gets word from the Battle camp that tells them he is going elsewhere.

Personally my way of thinking is: Tell Battle we want him, he is our first choice but we are not willing to wait until the 11th hour and find ourselves in an all or nothing situation. The spot is his if he wants it but we will be offering other guards starting in March or whatever date they feel makes the most sense. I like Battle but I'm not sure he is so much better than Murray that he is worth the risk as we get closer and closer to 2016. Don't get me wrong I trust the staff but I also don't like our track record with guys we have been on very early, showed a ton of love to that blow up, play out their recruitment and we see teams like KU and UK get involved.

Its good to see the staff keeping their options open. It seems a smart decision to have a good relationship with a few other guards just in case Battle does decide to go elsewhere. Like we haven't offered Murray I doubt we offer Simmons either . . . . unless SU gets word from the Battle camp that tells them he is going elsewhere.

Personally my way of thinking is: Tell Battle we want him, he is our first choice but we are not willing to wait until the 11th hour and find ourselves in an all or nothing situation. The spot is his if he wants it but we will be offering other guards starting in March or whatever date they feel makes the most sense. I like Battle but I'm not sure he is so much better than Murray that he is worth the risk as we get closer and closer to 2016. Don't get me wrong I trust the staff but I also don't like our track record with guys we have been on very early, showed a ton of love to that blow up, play out their recruitment and we see teams like KU and UK get involved.
I agree but I think that if the staff did not feel good about their chances they wouldn't wait on him.

I agree but it just makes me antsy. Something I need to get used to as we start to try and land the top10 type kids regularly.
I completely understand but I like how we seem to be targeting some highly ranked players again especially in 16 and 17. I am just concerned about loss of scholarships effecting our recruiting anything else that happens is not that big of concern to me

I completely understand but I like how we seem to be targeting some highly ranked players again especially in 16 and 17. I am just concerned about loss of scholarships effecting our recruiting anything else that happens is not that big of concern to me

Maybe the staff isn't concerned about a loss of anything!

At this point I'll be surprised if Murray doesn't join the 2015 class in the spring.

I assumed he was referring to Murray reclassifying.
Not really sure. That suck for us. But I think we could make 6 schollys work if McCullough really does leave, and after we get Bryant. Lol it sounds crazy I know

Not really sure. That suck for us. But I think we could make 6 schollys work if McCullough really does leave, and after we get Bryant. Lol it sounds crazy I know

That would still tie up a 16 scholly though. Hard to figure a 6 player class but if we can swing it and Murray is available it would be hard to turn down IMO. Although likely bitter sweet considering what having that sixth spot open up would likely mean.

That would still tie up a 16 scholly though. Hard to figure a 6 player class but if we can swing it and Murray is available it would be hard to turn down IMO. Although likely bitter sweet considering what having that sixth spot open up would likely mean.
True. Yes it sucks to think about what the sixth spot would mean.

Bingo. We need to guard against getting "Nerlensed" with him. I could see him eventually cutting it down to Cuse, UK, and Duke and then coming out with the UK 'do.

I'd like to think of it in the most positive way possible, meaning we won it all and multiple guys had such great years that they are going to be lotto picks THEN we bring in the best class in Syracuse history!

Could you imagine bring in the 16th, 18th, 48th, 49th, 74th, and where ever Murray would land which would be probably around 50-75 range. We would be two if not three deep at almost every position.

I'd like to think of it in the most positive way possible, meaning we won it all and multiple guys had such great years that they are going to be lotto picks THEN we bring in the best class in Syracuse history!

Could you imagine bring in the 16th, 18th, 48th, 49th, 74th, and where ever Murray would land which would be probably around 50-75 range. We would be two if not three deep at almost every position.

But would Boeheim still stick with a 7-8 man rotation? ;) Seriously though, would any of the fab 4/5(6?) get "Boeheimed"? I know it's too early to answer definitively, but I almost wanted to start a thread in the main forum and ask because I am quite curious. What were the rankings for my 3 sons? Yes, I look forward to these
"first world problems", don't get me wrong! I'm loving the outlook for talent and am wondering what the change in recruiting was that suddenly makes it feel like it's on 'roids?

But would Boeheim still stick with a 7-8 man rotation? ;) Seriously though, would any of the fab 4/5(6?) get "Boeheimed"? I know it's too early to answer definitively, but I almost wanted to start a thread in the main forum and ask because I am quite curious. What were the rankings for my 3 sons? Yes, I look forward to these
"first world problems", don't get me wrong! I'm loving the outlook for talent and am wondering what the change in recruiting was that suddenly makes it feel like it's on 'roids?
I feel like it would be really hard to keep some of the 2015s off the court, and that Boeheim would treat the team the team the same way he treated it in 2009-2010 where 8 guys played double digit minutes and then a couple more were just below 10 a game. of course lets worry about all the talent getting here before we start predicting minutes for anyone. The rankings for my 3 sons was 31st for Roberson, 82nd for Johnson, and Patterson was a post grad so he didn't get a rank, but he was still four stars.

Got to watch a full game of Simmons recently. Very talented on the offensive side of things. Creates his own shot with ease and had a bunch of acrobatic finishes in the lane. Didn't see much of a jumper but it was only one game. Some negatives in there as well that I'll mention in a more detail report soon.

Dunno if he's a realistic option or not but with the staff visiting him and are now included on his list then I figure there must be a little bit of a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom