Class of 2016 - PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the chipmunks signing that song? The one jumper he took looks like he needs some work on his mechanics real low release. Dean how was the level of competition in that video or his he just that good getting to the basket?

Last edited:
is that the chipmunks signing that song? The one jumper he took looks like he needs some work on his mechanics real low release. Dean how was the level of competition in that video or his he just that good getting to the basket?
Dunno about the other teams in that vid but in the game that I watched it was really competitive and went into OT. He still scored the majority of his points in the lane in the same fashion in the highlights above. He didn't take a lot of perimeter shots, so I'm not sure how good his J is. Even if his shot is a little shaky, his ability to create and finish off the bounce would be a huge asset to our team. Since right now we don't have too many players that can do much creating or shooting.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-36.html
Simmons vs Howard went down today and Simmons came out on top. He had 26pts and 7ast. Howard had 16pts and 3ast. VJ King had his best performance of the season so far with 27pts and 11rbs. From what I've seen from King, he's very talented and gifted. Right now he seems to do everything in spurts, but if today is any indication that once he puts it all together and becomes more consistent, watch out.

He is probably my favorite recruit for 2016, if we don't get Battle I would more than happily take Simmons as a second option.

I like the athleticism, length and quickness. His shot is a bit funky as he like to fade away and his release is a tad low, but it is quick. Great body control going to the basket. For anyone who might know what are our chances with this kid? Any connections?

Francis, is this kid a possibility? My pals brother lives there and swears on a stack of southern bibles that we have a real shot. I thought we were all in on Battle?
I've seen him live and love this kids game and I would love to have him on board!!!!

Francis, is this kid a possibility? My pals brother lives there and swears on a stack of southern bibles that we have a real shot. I thought we were all in on Battle?
He's not coming if we get Battle. Battle is no lock, so it doesn't hurt to have other options.

Very interesting and we were listed in play for Murray. I wonder if the staff finally decided waiting on Battle wasn't the only way to go.

options. Or prob more so backup plans.

I don't know who they staff would prioritize now between Simmons and Battle. Prob Battle.

Murray seems to be the 3rd option. But good to see he's in play for us.

nice call
This is the latest from Georgia. Duke is in the drivers seat but wants Murray this year and won't guarantee Battle to play the point. The staff let two other schools in the Simmons sweepstakes by waiting. But he feels that Simmons will announce for SU, now that they offered. His uncle is a big influence. It looks to me like the staff has made a decision to make sure they get one of the three. But that's JMO.

This is the latest from Georgia. Duke is in the drivers seat but wants Murray this year and won't guarantee Battle to play the point. The staff let two other schools in the Simmons sweepstakes by waiting. But he feels that Simmons will announce for SU, now that they offered. His uncle is a big influence. It looks to me like the staff has made a decision to make sure they get one of the three. But that's JMO.
nice. great info!

I'm a big Simmons fan so I would certainly take him if he wanted to come here. He has a Dion-like swagger to him on the court and a very quick first step. He reminds me of the Westbrook/Irving type of guard who is can score at will, but still has solid vision.

This makes a lot of sense. Duke needs a pg this year so they are trying to get Murray to reclassify. Meanwhile Battle wants to go somewhere and play PG Duke won't promise that and we will so he is doing his visits and waiting. By offering Simmons we at the very least get the ball rolling and get one of these three studs committed before too long.

This makes a lot of sense. Duke needs a pg this year so they are Trying to get Murray to reclassify. Meanwhile Battle wants to go somewhere and play PG Duke won't promis that and we will. By offering Simmons we at the very least get the ball rolling and get one of these three studs committed before too long.
I'm glad the staff finally took some eggs out of the battle basket. Either one is fine by me. I'm interested to see what happens after those officials Battle has lined up this weekend. Or maybe simmons announces and it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom