Class of 2018 - PG Noah Locke (MD) to Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Noah Locke (MD) to Florida

My guess is that the reason for the lack of an offer to Locke can be found in the graphic jordville posted that lists the EYBL's top 3 point shooters.
What does this kid have to do with Buddy. We need a PG. We have Buddy and Hughes at the 2 for the class I get that. Are you suggesting that Noah can't be a PG and is more of a combo/2.

No problem. Just took a listen myself. Great stuff as always, Dean! Thank you.
I really enjoyed this pod. The only kid I wasn't familiar with was Locke. I felt like Marcus was a lock for Hop and said that but people came back at me with the east coast thing and I convinced my self for like 48 hrs that maybe I was off base and this kid didn't want to come out west. Then Francis said what he said and I was like crap. It really is too bad. I love Marcus and think he would be great in orange.

What does this kid have to do with Buddy. We need a PG. We have Buddy and Hughes at the 2 for the class I get that. Are you suggesting that Noah can't be a PG and is more of a combo/2.

I took it as we don't recruit three point shooters and instead recruit high upside guys, which in most years I agree with and it drives me crazy!!!

Yes, my guess is that Locke's skills are too much of an overlap with Buddy's. Team Melo has another player listed in among the EYBL's leaders in assist %, so I'm guessing Locke is mostly playing off the ball. Like I said, it's just a guess--SU certainly has a history of giving PG responsibilities to guys who were SGs or combos at the high school and AAU levels.

And for a Cuse offer. His list has been getting better and better, but one that we could compete with and close. Not to mention the connections with this kid... Melo, Red, etc.

Disclaimer: I am still in favor of Jalen Carey for 2018, but I don't want to see another QG recruitment all over again.
Noah problem

I've been talking about this cat for awhile and have mentioned him here multiple times. Kid is seriously skilled and had a sweet stroke. He may not play much PG in EYBL but at his high school he does. Don't understand why we haven't gotten involved considering our DMV connects, glaring need for lead guard, and his skill set.