Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been extremely confident. This was looking very good all along.

Then Quade sits at a UK game in an NBA arena right behind the UK bench, with World Wide Wes right there, rumors swirl and his coach said QG suddenly got clarity the next day. Now either the coach is trying to get attention for Quade and his announcement or we are screwed. No one here who is confident says they've heard squat from anyone who knows anything. The ones who have bad feelings have good sources, so I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy. If any of you guys who are confident would like to PM me some details, I'm all ears.

Now, Gerry bails on his show? That strikes me as a bad sign. Maybe he has a head cold... Or maybe, he's working the phones and trying to sway Green back to us. Or maybe I just like a good conspiracy.

You in the business of hiring drunk budget guys?
You can handle this end of things and keep him updated when sober. Should free up all sorts of time for his business responsibilities. Win win. Synergy baby.

I hate the guy too but he shows up with hugs on draft day instead taking he's not ready shots from his coach.
I agree the "he's not ready" shots should be kept quiet, but in almost all cases, he's been spot on.

Aaron Neville is an icon

I'm well aware who he and his brothers are. I don't like his voice and constant falsetto. That being said, who's playing the fool? You are not answering my questions. If I'm being a fool for being concerned, tell me why. And please be specific. For the record, I've never said today that QG is not coming here, just that none of what I wrote above sounds very good for us.

This thread has the fifth most replies on this site. #1, #2, and #3 all came so Syracuse. #4 went to Indiana. Let's get this above that.

I can say this much ruling out bags of cash and all that other crap . We at the minimum rival Kentucky the past 8 years or so in putting guards in the NBA at an elite level . From Flynn, Waiters, MCW, Ennis, Richardson, Battle will be there too . Either school you are all but guaranteed to be a lottery or near it on draft day . For Quade he wants to be the man and plan a, that's just how he rolls. Going to Kentucky he's plan B .
Be reasonable, of the mentioned players, Flynn, Ennis, Richardson and probably Battle (to be seen), went into the pros way to early but capitalized on their showing potential that year each was drafted. MCW and Waiters were ready for the pros when they went. Quade Green has an opportunity at Syracuse but it would behoove him to play there a minimum of 2-3 years (hopefully 4) before going pro.

I believe that his skills lend greatly to improve a team overall.

I look at Briscoe at Kentucky and I do not believe that he will go in the first round this season

Last edited:
Come on, dude. You're better than the "he gone" crap.
Sheesh... people are really that testy tonight on account of the QG situation? Ok... he gone is too vague... let's try this one on. Everyone didn't give Trump much of a chance to upset Clinton ...yet at the 11th hour and 59th minute ... boom! he is our president elect. And Green... with as many assurances we've had that he is Orange... I think that the development of him at the UK / Mich. St. game and WWW in attendance is as ominous a harbinger of bad ju-ju that we could possibly see. My gut tells me that we've lost out at the 11th hour and 59th minute and 59th second. God knows I hope I'm wrong but that's what I'm feeling pretty strong right about now.

Flacusian said:
Sheesh... people are really that testy tonight on account of the QG situation? Ok... he gone is too vague... let's try this one on. Everyone didn't give Trump much of a chance to upset Clinton ...yet at the 11th hour and 59th minute ... boom! he is our president elect. And Green... with as many assurances we've had that he is Orange... I think that the development of him at the UK / Mich. St. game and WWW in attendance is as ominous a harbinger of bad ju-ju that we could possibly see. My gut tells me that we've lost out at the 11th hour and 59th minute and 59th second. God knows I hope I'm wrong but that's what I'm feeling pretty strong right about now.

Ok, if I am understanding correctly, you are saying since Trump is going to be our president, there probably won't be college basketball or even a country by next season. Is that right?

Ok, if I am understanding correctly, you are saying since Trump is going to be our president, there probably won't be college basketball or even a country by next season. Is that right?
Precisely! Your keen propensity for extracting undeniable fact from between the lines is prescient!

This would be a crushing blow to the staff if he chooses UK. Let's hope he shows some loyalty in the end.

ORRange said:
wow. Jake and two3zone throwing crap out in a recruiting thread. Seen this before.

Well, that's certainly an interesting perspective. So I assume you don't think I know what I'm talking about.

Duly noted.

Here's the deal...when Quade came here for our game against Colgate, I was told Quade was here to sign some "things", I took that as a NLI and that's why I was so confident he was coming here. Ive been hearing Kentucky is making a push as they have been, and I have been telling you guys. I asked the person if Quade signed and I have not gotten a response, so I'm basically left out to dry and I'm not feeling real confident if he did not end up signing. As I've told you guys Kentucky was pushing real hard these past few weeks and if Quade didn't sign when he was here at Colgate that concerns me. I've tried my best to keep you guys in the know but at the 11th hour I really have no info for you guys, and there is a real possibility Quade doesn't come here if he didn't sign here when he was here for Colgate. Sorry I'm leaving everyone in the dark, I just can't get info for my the people I have been right now.

So we do find out by 12:00 tonight how things went down? Is gonna leak right away? Or is it going to be sweat-it-out time until Saturday for the announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.