Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the deal...when Quade came here for our game against Colgate, I was told Quade was here to sign some "things", I took that as a NLI and that's why I was so confident he was coming here. Ive been hearing Kentucky is making a push as they have been, and I have been telling you guys. I asked the person if Quade signed and I have not gotten a response, so I'm basically left out to dry and I'm not feeling real confident if he did not end up signing. As I've told you guys Kentucky was pushing real hard these past few weeks and if Quade didn't sign when he was here at Colgate that concerns me. I've tried my best to keep you guys in the know but at the 11th hour I really have no info for you guys, and there is a real possibility Quade doesn't come here if he didn't sign here when he was here for Colgate. Sorry I'm leaving everyone in the dark, I just can't get info for my the people I have been right now.

Which would all make perfect sense if he signed and the news is being kept on lock down until his announcement.

Haha...what? I didn't realize this was a popularity contest. Thought we were just here to talk about the team we all love. What a weird insult.
Haha he told to go on... not sure what's expected, that I'm genuinely going to start insulting the guy?

Guys, guys, we shouldn't be worrying. Put yourself in Quade's shoes. Would you rather play for Kentucky or the 2017 National Champions? Exactly.

That hug for top five picks is for his brand! He promises all these kids that they are one and done. But...

For every John Wall there is a Harrison twin.

No crap it's for his brand, hence the reason why his brand is so damn valuable to his kids. What's our brand? Play in the McDonald's All American game go to Syracuse and feel lucky to get a cup of coffee in the NBA?

I'm not going to sit here and defend Syracuse over UK on what team, brand, and success has been better when it comes to recruiting because it's a foolish argument. There's a reason kids go there whether you want to believe it or not, and it's not (just) because of duffel bags full of money.

I am not trashing Syracuse, our stars mainly come from the middle of the pack in the recruiting ratings and it's because we get MANY 25-75 guys and they're recruited for our system. But right now we're not in the game of top 10 recruits and outside of Melo I'm not sure we have been since the 80s. This is probably the most important year when it comes to recruiting and Washington, Western Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Oregon, Xavier, Virgina Tech, Wake Forest, Georgetown, UConn, Mississippi State, St Johns, Illinois, Georgia, Notre Dame, Iowa State, and Arkansas all have signed top 50 recruits and we're still crossing our fingers we can even put a complete class together.

If we can start getting some commitments I'll start buying in, until then I'll be concerned.
As it stands now (and I know this isn't the final lineup as we will get commits)

PG Howard
SG Brissett
SF Moyer
PF Thompson
C 7'2"

and literally not one person on the bench. I have faith in Howard and Thompson, but that lineup would be lucky to win 10 games next year. We need a legit 2 & 3 and probably 3 guys that are capable of 10+ minutes a game for the bench. That's a daunting task for the staff, we saw them work wonders this off season but they probably have more work cut out for them this year than last. We don't have a Battle coming in and a Lydon returning next season and we hit a home run with White and Gillon. Be optimistic, that's fine, but the roses don't smell great right now.

Which would all make perfect sense if he signed and the news is being kept on lock down until his announcement.
It's very possible he signed with SU and is keeping it quiet so he can have his moment, have two of the largest fanbases follow his every move, be the national recruiting story of the next few days. As I've said before, along with several others, if he made up his mind pre-Colgate, it makes sense that he would keep quiet until after MSG, so he could still be a free agent and get to go to the game - it's a big social event. Hopefully he sees through all that nonsense and wants to build a legacy in the dome and be the highlight of a recruiting class instead of being a quickly forgotten footnote on the armpit of America, Kentucky.

So he retweets something about playing in front of 35k of cuse fans in the dome like 4 hours ago but he's going to pick kentucky...his boy isaiah Washington jokes around with him a few days ago asking if he should announce where hes going (as if it's a joke because everyone all along thinks cuse) and he shows up to our first game out of the blue...his IG he's all over our current players stuff and follows cuse basketball on there (not kentucky) I know it's all miniscule but all signs point to us. the msg game was just a freebie to watch some good basketball at the garden...at least I hope! we have been plan A from the start...Kentucky or anyone else would be plan B

No crap it's for his brand, hence the reason why his brand is so damn valuable to his kids. What's our brand? Play in the McDonald's All American game go to Syracuse and feel lucky to get a cup of coffee in the NBA?

I'm not going to sit here and defend Syracuse over UK on what team, brand, and success has been better when it comes to recruiting because it's a foolish argument. There's a reason kids go there whether you want to believe it or not, and it's not (just) because of duffel bags full of money.

I am not trashing Syracuse, our stars mainly come from the middle of the pack in the recruiting ratings and it's because we get MANY 25-75 guys and they're recruited for our system. But right now we're not in the game of top 10 recruits and outside of Melo I'm not sure we have been since the 80s. This is probably the most important year when it comes to recruiting and Washington, Western Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Oregon, Xavier, Virgina Tech, Wake Forest, Georgetown, UConn, Mississippi State, St Johns, Illinois, Georgia, Notre Dame, Iowa State, and Arkansas all have signed top 50 recruits and we're still crossing our fingers we can even put a complete class together.

If we can start getting some commitments I'll start buying in, until then I'll be concerned.
As it stands now (and I know this isn't the final lineup as we will get commits)

PG Howard
SG Brissett
SF Moyer
PF Thompson
C 7'2"

and literally not one person on the bench. I have faith in Howard and Thompson, but that lineup would be lucky to win 10 games next year. We need a legit 2 & 3 and probably 3 guys that are capable of 10+ minutes a game for the bench. That's a daunting task for the staff, we saw them work wonders this off season but they probably have more work cut out for them this year than last. We don't have a Battle coming in and a Lydon returning next season and we hit a home run with White and Gillon. Be optimistic, that's fine, but the roses don't smell great right now.
Wait, Brissett can play SG?

Yes. Would think its not a coincidence...
G-Mac on the road? At a certain major city in northeastern US? At a certain high school that goes my N-G?

PG Howard
SG Brissett
SF Moyer
PF Thompson
C 7'2"

Brisset is quite possibly the furthest thing from a 2 guard in the multiverse.

Yes. Would think its not a coincidence...
to mangle a quote from the great mel brooks..."or we get him, or we don't"

i'm a little more concerned about wildhacks BS response to the question about why are there not more games on locally? he starts talking about 2019 acc network? cmon dude.

If we go without a player leaving early, for the first time since, I can't even remember, we would still be loaded with

Howard
Battle
Lydon
Thompson
Chukwu

That's a good 5 with Moyer and Brissett playing utility. We need Quade. Would've been nice to get Randolph, but that ship has sailed. This is big.

If we go without a player leaving early, for the first time since, I can't even remember, we would still be loaded with

Howard
Battle
Lydon
Thompson
Chukwu

That's a good 5 with Moyer and Brissett playing utility. We need Quade. Would've been nice to get Randolph, but that ship has sailed. This is big.

They'd be dead by the time ACC time came. And as much as I'd love Battle and Lydon to stay, sigh, don't see it happening. Maybe Battle if he's not getting minutes and has a sub par year, but I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.