Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the better coach. Has anyone done less with more than Calipari has at Kentucky?

He should walk to the championship game EVERY year.

He is great at selling his program to recruits and the media. I thought he did better at UMass and Memphis with what he had than he has done at UK. He's not a bad coach though.

Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.
Yeah what kid wouldn't want to play "on the biggest stage" at Alabama or ol miss.

Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.

A good friend of mine was on Kentucky. He was a McDonald's All American, played big minutes and got drafted so I'm not talking about a walk-on here. I can guarantee you the program is not clean. I'm sure other programs do the same, but things were offered.

Anyway if we don't get Green, we are messed cause Hami and Tucker aren't coming here either it that scenario.

It will be Grad school U next year. There's nobody left.

Anyway if we don't get Green, we are messed cause Hami and Tucker aren't coming here either it that scenario.

It will be Grad school U next year. There's nobody left.
In JAB we trust. He hasn't let us down yet.

I get that UK/Cal does a great job promoting its team and players but saying that they play on the biggest stage in the biggest games is just not accurate when you look at the basketball teams in the SEC. They do schedule 3-4 really good OOC games every year though. The ACC is the premier college bball conference followed by the Big10 and 12. The SEC is competing with the Pac, BE in the pecking order these days.

He is great at selling his program to recruits and the media. I thought he did better at UMass and Memphis with what he had than he has done at UK. He's not a bad coach though.
Not bad at all. Good in fact. I think he probably doesn't coach em up like he used to. Less structure, easier to recruit.
His Camby UMass team was great. Reminds me of the AO Rautins team. Far better than the individual parts.

A good friend of mine was on Kentucky. He was a McDonald's All American, played big minutes and got drafted so I'm not talking about a walk-on here. I can guarantee you the program is not clean. I'm sure other programs do the same, but things were offered.
The Known history goes back to Jack Givens getting hundreds per week to turn on sprinklers once a week to Chris Mills to Anthony Davis.

That sentence is 100% false. No way to possibly argue otherwise.

e31.jpg

This thread...

Rewatched those highlights at the bottom of the Syracuse.com story, Quade really brings that shooting guard mindset and skillset to the team next year. Didn't realize how good his shooting actually is. I said this a year or so ago and the article makes mention but he is Kyle Lowry for sure. Obviously he can create his own shot and facilitate but I think he and Frank will work great together. Frank can get him open looks and when the shot clock is winding down give it to Quade and let him do. Can't wait for Saturday night and can't wait to see him in Orange.

therein lies the rub. Past performance is the best indicator of future performance. The UMass and Memphis programs were dirty while Cal coached there. The schools paid the price while Cal just waltzed to his next destination. You HAVE to ignore Cal's history in order to maintain the cognitive dissonance contained in your posts. The rest of the basketball world can very well "know/care what he did prior to UK" and, well, it isn't that hard to put two and two together. Look at the recruitment of Marcus Camby. Look at Derrick Rose, and the shenanigans around his SAT score. It just so happens that shadiness follows Cal. He's either the Forrest Gump of shady and the unluckiest guy who ever walked the planet, or he works the system and knows how to operate in the margins. You are free to put on your fan blinders, but don't lecture anyone else who is able to put two and two together. You're the blind one, not the non UK fans.

Rewatched those highlights at the bottom of the Syracuse.com story, Quade really brings that shooting guard mindset and skillset to the team next year. Didn't realize how good his shooting actually is. I said this a year or so ago and the article makes mention but he is Kyle Lowry for sure. Obviously he can create his own shot and facilitate but I think he and Frank will work great together. Frank can get him open looks and when the shot clock is winding down give it to Quade and let him do. Can't wait for Saturday night and can't wait to see him in Orange.

As far as I know, he's more of a passer than a scorer to this point. I think I read that he led the country in assists this past season. Sites like DraftExpress mention that he's a pretty good shooter, but that what makes him a great recruit is that he can read defenses and distribute as though he's already an upperclassman. I think I remember them saying he was by far the most polished PG prospect on the U18 USA team.

Just watched for the first time. Handles the ball like Jamal Crawford. Has the ability to create a shot off of the dribble.

I do not believe that Cal pays players. I do believe that the University of Kentucky has people in the booster who do pay. Nerlens Noel was set on going to Georgetown than at the last minute,actually 2 hours before Noel announcement , he flipped to Kentucky. Speculation was he revived money. So yes, don't be surprised if green was offered lump sums of cash to attend Kentucky. Cal may not pay and Cal may not knows who pays, however someone at Kentucky does pay. Meanwhile JB loses 101 games cause Roberts worked at the Ymca

Who said Cal pays players, I don't think Cal pays players. Now world wide Wes and other boosters, that's a different story. Duke has been on another level, UK has not but certainly looks better this year.
I doubt Cal pays anyone directly, too smart for that. But I do know for a fact that Kentucky (boosters, I assume) pays hefty amounts of cash. What galls me is they let that happen while we get nailed for a $300 YMCA transaction.

you can thank our former president Nancy Cantor for being an idiot. She started this whole mess.

I also believe that Kentucky officials turned in Louisville. Meaning that Kentucky paid the young lady to speak to nail Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.