Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
These next couple weeks are going to be very interesting for the 2017 class. I've been following it more closely than most (maybe because we are yet to get a commitment) years so I'm pretty interested and not just with our targets. I can't remember so many situations where a players committing to a certain team could shift where multiple other players go.

Dominoes.

FWIW, Cal seems to be offering other guards in the past couple of days. That may indicate that he isn't confident in landing Quade.
Kind of surprising that you think Cal is offering other point guards and it means that they are having second thoughts about Quade. It is one thought process.
Syracuse also offered a scholarship to Shai Alexander. There is a shortage of 4 star PGs to go around and you have to offer to those available to hedge your bets. It is not like the 1990s and earlier when multiple players signed up to play the same positions at m university in the same year.

Kind of surprising that you think Cal is offering other point guards and it means that they are having second thoughts about Quade. It is one thought process.
Syracuse also offered a scholarship to Shai Alexander. There is a shortage of 4 star PGs to go around and you have to offer to those available to hedge your bets. It is not like the 1990s and earlier when multiple players signed up to play the same positions at m university in the same year.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? You say it is surprising that foggy thinks Cal is hedging his bets with Quade (implying that is not what you think is happening) and then go on to lecture him about how teams need to hedge their bets. I personally think it is significant that UK has made that move. Does it guarantee anything - of course not, but it is certainly not a bad sign for us and it goes a long way to backing up OM13's story that QG has eliminated UK.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? You say it is surprising that foggy thinks Cal is hedging his bets with Quade (implying that is not what you think is happening) and then go on to lecture him about how teams need to hedge their bets. I personally think it is significant that UK has made that move. Does it guarantee anything - of course not, but it is certainly not a bad sign for us and it goes a long way to backing up OM13's story that QG has eliminated UK.
That is what I was thinking. Not a story in and of itself, but evidence to support a theory that UK is out. May not be the case, but worth noting. Besides, UK and Syracuse have much different philosophies regarding how they recruit. Cal seems to focus on a few and only moves on when they are out. SU must hedge their bets because that is just where we are right now, especially with the potential of having so many open spots next year.

With the offer to Shai Alexander by Kentucky the day after O13 says UK is out, it appears O13 might be one step ahead. I think people need to stop hating on and believe what this guy is saying . I know that may not be what some would like to hear but it's the truth.

With the offer to Shai Alexander by Kentucky the day after O13 says UK is out, it appears O13 might be one step ahead. I think people need to stop hating on and believe what this guy is saying . I know that may not be what some would like to hear but it's the truth.

Only thing ill add to this, is that UK (their arrogant mindset) is that Shai is just being recruited because he will compliment Green or Young or both, well because they are going to need 3 or 4 guards. Ya know, because Green would be crazy to eliminate them from contention...and its his lose if he doesnt go there.

Didn't come out right. Basically, I am saying that there is nothing for sure, that even Syracuse is hedging its bets on Quade because they offered Shai Alexander also. Just because Kentucky offers Shai, does not mean that they are completely out on Quade.
Also a question for you, Houston Cuse: was it just as significant that Syracuse made Shai an offer when Quade was going to Kentucky for a visit?

Last edited:
50YRsofCuse said:
Didn't come out right. Basically, I am saying that there is nothing for sure, that even Syracuse is hedging its bets on Quade because they offered Shai Alexander also. Just because Kentucky offers Shai, does not mean that they are completely out on Quade.

I agree, it doesn't necessarily mean that, but it may indicate wavering confidence.

of course I get hate posts in public and private even though UK comes out with this information the next day after Green is telling an SU player he hated it there...and I report that "UK is out"

I wish some of you guys would just have a drink and relax.
Hated it there! YES.
You just keep doing that voodoo that you are doing and we will eat it up with a spoon. Well, at least I for one, will - and come back for seconds. I think for the most part at this point, people are just trolling on you just since they know they will get a reaction. Either that or it's an insecurity thing.
Regardless:
giphy.gif

of course I get hate posts in public and private even though UK comes out with this information the next day after Green is telling an SU player he hated it there...and I report that "UK is out"

He hated it there?

I understand the double down, but as someone who has info myself from time to time, it's not the best way to build credibility/keep getting info from that source. Because saying "he told a player he hated UK" is the type of thing that gets people in trouble. Regardless if he said it or not.

Hey, just for the record, is it pronounced "Kwaid" or
"Qwah day"? Thanks in advance. If I'm going to be throwing together some celebratory limericks I'll need to know in order to have correct cadence and iambic pentameter :)

Hey Jarhead,

You are really dating yourself talking about Walton & Hodges, but the really, really bad news is that I remember those two well...

NMC

PS - The good news is that I am only familiar with Sidat-Singh by name/historical archive !!!
LOL! I wasen't around for the Sidat-Singh thread.

Second one. He's not:

Total-Recall-Mash-Up-Trailer.jpg
Think he'd but up to change his pronunciation? Would be great to play this in the Dome whenever we needed a momentum change. And we all know good dome fodder is more important than... yanno... your ACTUAL name.

Status
Not open for further replies.