Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm talking about advice/counseling on majors etc.

Right, but that doesn't necessarily make it definitive.

I have a friend who recently was interviewing, and had several irons in the fire -- with one his clear cut favorite. He ended up taking another job with a different, great company because the offer came in first, he wasn't sure whether he would get an offer from his top choice, and he had a short time frame to make his decision. In other words, if he didn't take the first offer fast, he'd lose the opportunity.

So, he took the job offer in good faith, and set the wheels in motion in terms of some of the training he'd need to go through up front. Bird in the hand.

And then about a week and a half later, he got the job offer from the company that was his top choice. So he exercised his employment at will and tendered his resignation from the first company, and took the job offer he coveted originally, for a role / compensation that was far superior to the first job.

I am not making an analogy for SU versus UK to either of the examples listed above, or suggesting that Green will do anything similar to what my friend chose--not the point. All I'm saying is that it is non-committal for Green to seek advice on majors, etc. if Syracuse is one of his top choices, and a viable candidate for him to select.

But in and of itself, that doesn't prove that he's coming here. He might have done the same thing at UK for all we know.

I have a friend who recently was interviewing, and had several irons in the fire -- with one his clear cut favorite. He ended up taking another job with a different, great company because the offer came in first, he wasn't sure whether he would get an offer from his top choice, and he had a short time frame to make his decision.

So, he took the job offer in good faith, and set the wheels in motion in terms of some of the training he'd need to go through up front. Bird in the hand.

And then about a week and a half later, he got the job offer from the company that was his top choice. So he exercised his employment at will and tendered his resignation from the first company, and took the job offer he coveted originally.

I am not making an analogy for SU versus UK to either of the examples listed above, or suggesting that Green will do anything similar to what my friend chose--not the point. All I'm saying is that it is non-committal for Green to seek advice on majors, etc. if Syracuse is one of his top choices, and a viable candidate for him to select.

But in and of itself, that doesn't prove that he's coming here. He might have done the same thing at UK for all we know.
As I said in the AW3 thread - sure, ANYTHING can happen. We saw that with Battle.

But my source is highly confident.

If Quade has committed, then it would be nice if his "lead recruiter" knew about that.
No, no. I'm saying that we have an active player who has been a better recruiter than any of our coaches. And my source is extremely close with this player who LOVES Syracuse.

This was in a dream I had of course lol

This makes me nervous
I hope and expect QG comes to SU , but this whole "wasnt given keys at uk but was given keys at SU" never made complete sense to me when i project what FH's role would likely be here next year. Can those 2 play together? Of course!! But giving the keys to QG over FH? Thats not a no brainer imo...

No, no. I'm saying that we have an active player who has been a better recruiter than any of our coaches. And my source is extremely close with this player who LOVES Syracuse.

This was in a dream I had of course lol
So this is your source or this was all a dream, and you used to read Word Up magazine?

Source or not, most of us know who you're referring to and I'm sure this young man wouldn't like it if he saw his secrets being blabbered about on the internet. If you're 100% sure Quade is Orange then great, but I think it's bad form to basically tell everyone here what a specific player is saying.

This thread is starting to pick up steam. I like it.

hqdefault.jpg

I have a friend who recently was interviewing, and had several irons in the fire -- with one his clear cut favorite. He ended up taking another job with a different, great company because the offer came in first, he wasn't sure whether he would get an offer from his top choice, and he had a short time frame to make his decision. In other words, if he didn't take the first offer fast, he'd lose the opportunity.

And then about a week and a half later, he got the job offer from the company that was his top choice. So he exercised his employment at will and tendered his resignation from the first company, and took the job offer he coveted originally, for a role / compensation that was far superior to the first job.

Had this exact same scenario myself. Grabbed the 1st offer, ended up there for 2 weeks and then put my 2 weeks notice in. Couldn't turn down $20k raise and chopping 20 mins of the commute.

Status
Not open for further replies.