Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on one of the Kentucky blog sites that the writer thinks he'll pick Syracuse, but will really be waiting to see if Trae Young commits to Kentucky or not. I don't see him flipping, like some have said, it's not football. I'm hoping for the best(Syracuse), but preparing for the worst. Growing up as a pre 2004 Redsox fan has made me this way.....

I just read on one of the Kentucky blog sites that the writer thinks he'll pick Syracuse, but will really be waiting to see if Trae Young commits to Kentucky or not. I don't see him flipping, like some have said, it's not football. I'm hoping for the best(Syracuse), but preparing for the worst. Growing up as a pre 2004 Redsox fan has made me this way...

That's because folks on the Kentucky sites don't believe it is possible that Green willing chose Syracuse over UK, obviously he is being forced to select his second choice and would immediately come back to UK if UK really wants/needs him. And of course that is true of most every recruit that UK wants but fails to land. There has to be a reason and it couldn't possibly be that the recruit preferred the other option. You have to excuse them though they are just drinking the Kool Aid that ESPN and Zags and others have been mixing up for them for years now.

That's because folks on the Kentucky sites don't believe it is possible that Green willing chose Syracuse over UK, obviously he is being forced to select his second choice and would immediately come back to UK if UK really wants/needs him. And of course that is true of most every recruit that UK wants but fails to land. There has to be a reason and it couldn't possibly be that the recruit preferred the other option. You have to excuse them though they are just drinking the Kool Aid that ESPN and Zags and others have been mixing up for them for years now.
They didn't even really want Quade anyway. He was like their 5th choice if you ask them.

Its pretty funny really because there is a very simple reason for a recruit to pick SU over UK and its going to be a better reason with each passing season. That reason is ACC basketball is far superior to SEC basketball. Obviously there are lots of great reasons to pick UK to play bball at even I can admit that but they act like there is no reason to pick another school other than Duke or KU over them.

Its pretty funny really because there is a very simple reason for a recruit to pick SU over UK and its going to be a better reason with each passing season. That reason is ACC basketball is far superior to SEC basketball. Obviously there are lots of great reasons to pick UK to play bball at even I can admit that but they act like there is no reason to pick another school other than Duke or KU over them.
You wouldn't want to play against the Mighty Alabama Crimson Tide...... in basketball ?

I understand that
Uh, earth to Meekus. Uh, earth to Brint. Just teasing. Slightly. :)
giphy.gif

I just read on one of the Kentucky blog sites that the writer thinks he'll pick Syracuse, but will really be waiting to see if Trae Young commits to Kentucky or not. I don't see him flipping, like some have said, it's not football. I'm hoping for the best(Syracuse), but preparing for the worst. Growing up as a pre 2004 Redsox fan has made me this way...

i use the same avatar as you at another site i posted at (non cuse related) trips me out when i see it i think its me posting

jgeorge322 said:
I think the post you are responding to is sarcasm

There's truth in that sarcasm. UK is in a spot. They thought they Had Trae Young - their top PG choice.

But they're not sure and THEN turned to Quadre.

UK is now working PG #3 really hard...Shea Alexander.

There's truth in that sarcasm. UK is in a spot. They thought they Had Trae Young - their top PG choice.

But they're not sure and THEN turned to Quadre.

UK is now working PG #3 really hard...Shea Alexander.
Jake, what do you put the % chance right now that Quade picks SU?

Kind of funny how the academic support staff knows he's a lock but the head basketball coaches have no idea.

Why would this surprise you? The NCAA told us that the JB did not monitor the activities of those who reported to him as they related to academics. Maybe if he monitored more closely he would have gotten the memo that Quade was coming.

Or this
Twitter
I know this isn't consistent with the history of UK/Young's recruitment, but this statement about Young's announcement date almost makes it seem like UK's waiting on someone else first (Quade?), and if UK's first choice goes elsewhere, then UK's second choice (Young) will announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.