Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is that for a recruitment that come down to the wire like this, is if JB feels like he's too above it to call a recruit and stay in contact. He might be old school "why do I need to call this kid every day", while Quade said that Cal calls him multiple times every day.
Depends on the kid. At the end of the day, we were talking to Quade for 2 years, Cal's been talking to him for 6 months - he had a lot of ground to make up.

What's WWW's real name?
upload_2016-11-16_18-45-14.jpeg

Can't tell if JHJ is just trolling a certain someone or really is sure QG is Orange. Or both.
I am assuming troll since as little as 2 hours ago Jake was worried and it's been silent otherwise. Hope JHJ is on point though

They're quite the pretentious bunch for being in redneck flyover land, in a state nobody cares about, counting the days until Calipari-induced sanctions come raining down on their backwoods hillbilly asses.

Props to them though. They have a good basketball team to watch with their girlfriend/sisters.

A lot of ground can be made up with bags of cash
I don't buy that "no pun intended" I don't believe Quade is the type of kid that would choose a school because of money. If Quade feels he is a great PG, it doesn't matter what which team he plays for because he is going to get drafted whether here or there at the same draft spot.. He knows playing at UK that he will have some great players to play with, and the same at SU. I buy the fact that he has built a relationship with SU over 2 years and he isn't going to any other place than right here at SU. He is going to run his team, playing in front of the #1 fan base, underneath one on the top, if not the top HOF JB. His talent will show more at SU because he will be the main man here playing with a group of real good players rather than playing with a bunch of guys who think they are the main players at UK.....

They're quite the pretentious bunch for being in redneck flyover land, in a state nobody cares about, counting the days until Calipari-induced sanctions come raining down on their backwoods hillbilly asses.

Props to them though. They have a good basketball team to watch with their girlfriend/sisters.
Sorry, I deleted my post...didn't want to come off as a message board troll. but yea, I agree with everything you said!

Just retweeted this...good sign

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-16-20-25-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-16-20-25-23.png
    990.4 KB · Views: 382
I don't buy that "no pun intended" I don't believe Quade is the type of kid that would choose a school because of money. If Quade feels he is a great PG, it doesn't matter what which team he plays for because he is going to get drafted whether here or there at the same draft spot.. He knows playing at UK that he will have some great players to play with, and the same at SU. I buy the fact that he has built a relationship with SU over 2 years and he isn't going to any other place than right here at SU. He is going to run his team, playing in front of the #1 fan base, underneath one on the top, if not the top HOF JB. His talent will show more at SU because he will be the main man here playing with a group of real good players rather than playing with a bunch of guys who think they are the main players at UK...
No offense but your statement thinking that Quade "isn't that type of kid" is based on nothing. I don't know what his family situation is, but if your family made less than $50k your entire life and you were offered $100k or $200k to play basketball at a high level program, you would seriously consider it and mostly disregard any potential consequences. Calipari has consistently swooped in at the last week, day, and hour and stolen top 25 kids from other top programs. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it makes almost no sense. What does a 2 year pseudo-friendship mean when faced with big time money or unquantifiable perks?

No offense but your statement thinking that Quade "isn't that type of kid" is based on nothing. I don't know what his family situation is, but if your family made less than $50k your entire life and you were offered $100k or $200k to play basketball at a high level program, you would seriously consider it and mostly disregard any potential consequences. Calipari has consistently swooped in at the last week, day, and hour and stolen top 25 kids from other top programs. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it makes almost no sense. What does a 2 year pseudo-friendship mean when faced with big time money or unquantifiable perks?
Talk about last minute, remember when Terrance Jones had just announced for, I think it was Washington, and then he got a call from Cal and changed his mind on the spot while still in the gym.

And they say we don't ever give specific instances. There is also Dakari Johnson who decided on UK the day after a visit from WWW. The thing is, only days before he said he was definitely waiting until the spring.
And Anthony Davis, after being recruited for almost a week commits to UK after a visit

If Quade chooses UK, will this board shite on him or UK/ Cal?

Is it Sat yet? My blood pressure can't take these rumors. Having barely survived the TT and Andrew White dramas I'm not sure I'd make it if he pulled out a UK hat. :vomit:

I don't buy that "no pun intended" I don't believe Quade is the type of kid that would choose a school because of money. If Quade feels he is a great PG, it doesn't matter what which team he plays for because he is going to get drafted whether here or there at the same draft spot.. He knows playing at UK that he will have some great players to play with, and the same at SU. I buy the fact that he has built a relationship with SU over 2 years and he isn't going to any other place than right here at SU. He is going to run his team, playing in front of the #1 fan base, underneath one on the top, if not the top HOF JB. His talent will show more at SU because he will be the main man here playing with a group of real good players rather than playing with a bunch of guys who think they are the main players at UK...

Well, with all of the question marks that are in play with our open roster for next year if he signed right now he know's he's playing with great players at UK, as unfortunate as it is, he nor any of us can say the same about SU.

I'll never understand everyone is an expert on the "type of kid" these guys are coming in. Unless they've had glaring issues with documented incidents then are they all good? I never understood this. It seems like if they play the trumpet, or tweet Syracuse stuff they're "good kids" (hell, they play the trumpet and their gods gift). I really don't believe anybody on here (probably Francis does) knows about their family lives or their true characters.

If Quade chooses UK, will this board shite on him or UK/ Cal?

He'll then be considered an overrated, 2nd round if he's lucky, sell out who had multiple briefcases of cash delivered to him.

And Anthony Davis, after being recruited for almost a week commits to UK after a visit

And there are reasons why kids will pick UK, if there's money involved, whatever, but every draft I see UK kids being hugged by their coach while they're a top 5 pick. EVERY YEAR. I'm sorry, but that means a hell of a lot more to a kid than playing in in the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.