Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.

I agree with a lot of what you have said. As someone else posted below though there have been a lot of things that have taken place under Cal's watch before he got to UK. I think that is a lot of it. I live in Seattle and there are like 3 other Syracuse fans in the whole city and I will tell you my friends here who follow basketball closely believe that Cal doesn't pay kids but there are things that happen that is not directly involving him that as one of my friends who is a high school coach and has won a state title said are and I quote, "shaddy as ." You could argue many of things happen everywhere though. I personally believe the things that happened at Memphis make anything at UK pale in comparison.

This is good stuff, we got UK fans on their board with a post about Green and talking lots of sheet on us and vice versa. Its pretty comical. Im a known UK hater but Im also not ignorant to the idea that our own program has done some" not so great things" in order to get recruits. I actually prefer our model of recruiting to theirs and im sure they love the OADs and dont care how they get them. My point is, no top program is clean...so I guess I should not throw stones all the time, even though its fun. I personally think Quade is honeydicking them and building up excitement as others have said for his annoucement. If he chooses UK, then ya, I will believe something last min came in...and Quade is not the type of guy I have made him out to be. He is going to have the ball in his hands at either school, and no...zone doesnt make him any less of an NBA defender. Its all pretty simple to me at this point, UK trying to make a last pitch effort and us trying to hope he isnt swayed. He very important for us next yr but in reality, we will make it work as always.

#InBeforeTheLock
IMHO if players are dumb/desperate enough to take money. They probably aren't astute enough to keep their mouths shut about it. Unhappy/unsuccessful players would be throwing coaches under the bus left and right. Tough to keep a secret to begin with but when you are young and immature wel......

First post ever...looks like most of you are as crazy as I am about the Cuse! Can't believe it took me all these years to find you psycho's. UK is really good at what they do...provide a pro atmosphere for 8-9 months that the kids are on campus, destroy the SEC on athleticism alone and hope the team comes together enough to make some noise in March. It'd be difficult for a kid to see the show they put on Tuesday night, and at Big Blue Madness, and not be somewhat interested. But not Q. He's our guy!!! At the end of the day we've been on him from day 1, 2 years ago. Seems like a loyal, strong minded, gritty kid. He's going to reward our loyalty to him on Saturday.

Not hating on UK, they have a process that works. I can't stand them and love cheering against them, but not mad at them for getting kids. I get it. But not this time, not this guy!

PLAN A! QUSE!

First post ever...looks like most of you are as crazy as I am about the Cuse! Can't believe it took me all these years to find you psycho's. UK is really good at what they do...provide a pro atmosphere for 8-9 months that the kids are on campus, destroy the SEC on athleticism alone and hope the team comes together enough to make some noise in March. It'd be difficult for a kid to see the show they put on Tuesday night, and at Big Blue Madness, and not be somewhat interested. But not Q. He's our guy!!! At the end of the day we've been on him from day 1, 2 years ago. Seems like a loyal, strong minded, gritty kid. He's going to reward our loyalty to him on Saturday.

Not hating on UK, they have a process that works. I can't stand them and love cheering against them, but not mad at them for getting kids. I get it. But not this time, not this guy!

PLAN A! QUSE!

Solid first post--welcome aboard!

And I hope you're right about Q.

I appreciate the UK dude posting. He didn't come out guns blazing and he has a point. I have no proof that UK is doing any cheating, but there was the newspaper article about Anthony Davis getting a couple hundred G's, there were the stories from DC2 about UK offering him no academics required and a house for his girlfriend, etc. There is also the statistically unlikely fact that half of the Top 10 recruits seem to go there every year, which really shouldn't be possible in a fair system. However: I have no proof of any of wrongdoing.

The more important point right now is that at this stage of the game, I don't really think UK needs to pay players. Coach Cal has done an amazing job of building UK into a destination for these top players. What he is doing is fairly obvious stuff, but somehow nobody else had previously hit upon the full combination of things he has. He has top facilities, he has top fan support, he has a showman's personality, he is aggressively marketing UK as a trade school for the NBA, not a college, he surrounds the program with rappers, sports agents, sports company CEOs and the like, he outwardly revels in his guys leaving early. All of that is really appealing.

Look at Syracuse as a comparison: elite program, yes. Two final fours in the last 4 years. BUT, you have Boeheim out there publicly trashing players on the team, trashing players who want to leave early, giving the perception that he's submarining the draft stock of players who declare early (Ennis in particular). Frankly, Cal has shown this thing is not about coaching anymore, it is about salesmanship. And on that front, we couldn't have a worse guy than JB. I'm sure many reading this hate what I just said, but it is the way to go. Duke has come back strong because K became a combo of both. Other factors: Yes we have great facilities, but the living conditions are better at the palace UK has for players. At the Final Four, we have Joe Biden in the locker room. They have Jay Z. You tell me which is more appealing to a 19 year old. When a Top Recruit joins the DNC, maybe Joe Biden has an impact, ya know?

How UK gets away with the players having direct access to agents and business CEOs, I have absolutely no clue, but apparently the NCAA is totally fine with it, so what are we doing to adjust? Remember when UK won the championship and Anthony Davis bolted into the crowd to hug his mom - no sorry, my mistake, that was Phil Knight. A normal person says whaaaattt? But so be it, that is the competition, we have to adjust, not just be indignant.

I appreciate the UK dude posting. He didn't come out guns blazing and he has a point. I have no proof that UK is doing any cheating, but there was the newspaper article about Anthony Davis getting a couple hundred G's, there were the stories from DC2 about UK offering him no academics required and a house for his girlfriend, etc. There is also the statistically unlikely fact that half of the Top 10 recruits seem to go there every year, which really shouldn't be possible in a fair system. However: I have no proof of any of wrongdoing.

The more important point right now is that at this stage of the game, I don't really think UK needs to pay players. Coach Cal has done an amazing job of building UK into a destination for these top players. What he is doing is fairly obvious stuff, but somehow nobody else had previously hit upon the full combination of things he has. He has top facilities, he has top fan support, he has a showman's personality, he is aggressively marketing UK as a trade school for the NBA, not a college, he surrounds the program with rappers, sports agents, sports company CEOs and the like, he outwardly revels in his guys leaving early. All of that is really appealing.

Look at Syracuse as a comparison: elite program, yes. Two final fours in the last 4 years. BUT, you have Boeheim out there publicly trashing players on the team, trashing players who want to leave early, giving the perception that he's submarining the draft stock of players who declare early (Ennis in particular). Frankly, Cal has shown this thing is not about coaching anymore, it is about salesmanship. And on that front, we couldn't have a worse guy than JB. I'm sure many reading this hate what I just said, but it is the way to go. Duke has come back strong because K became a combo of both. Other factors: Yes we have great facilities, but the living conditions are better at the palace UK has for players. At the Final Four, we have Joe Biden in the locker room. They have Jay Z. You tell me which is more appealing to a 19 year old. When a Top Recruit joins the DNC, maybe Joe Biden has an impact, ya know?

How UK gets away with the players having direct access to agents and business CEOs, I have absolutely no clue, but apparently the NCAA is totally fine with it, so what are we doing to adjust? Remember when UK won the championship and Anthony Davis bolted into the crowd to hug his mom - no sorry, my mistake, that was Phil Knight. A normal person says whaaaattt? But so be it, that is the competition, we have to adjust, not just be indignant.

I don't hate that you said this, but I hate the fact you chose this thread to do it.

She broke a rule that all children know instinctively. Never tell on yourself.

She's now enjoyng the Rutgers Athletic Renaisssance :rolling:after bamboozling the Big Ten with "Newark's College Team" would have the same effect in the Tri-State Area.

I have heard nothing today...but the silence is encouraging...
I don't suppose you want to add anything to the discussion of paying players? I remember the Nerlens Noel commitment as being very eventful the day of his commitment.

Probably not important, but do we know how and with whom Quade traveled to Syracuse last Friday for the Colgate game? Was he accompanied by a family member?

No offense but your statement thinking that Quade "isn't that type of kid" is based on nothing. I don't know what his family situation is, but if your family made less than $50k your entire life and you were offered $100k or $200k to play basketball at a high level program, you would seriously consider it and mostly disregard any potential consequences. Calipari has consistently swooped in at the last week, day, and hour and stolen top 25 kids from other top programs. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it makes almost no sense. What does a 2 year pseudo-friendship mean when faced with big time money or unquantifiable perks?
I hear you but my statement is this kid has been on campus many many times and I just happen to believe loyalty and morals with this kid will over ride the almighty dollar. Besides in a year that few thousand won't mean a thing because he will get drafted and make so much my for his family that I don't believe money is his determining factor. Even Calipari him self said he doesn't get everyone he wants and mentions Syracuse as one. So just saying.

PLAN A! QUSE!

dt.jpg

If this is true it's only matter a time before it is leaked...no way they can keep this quiet until Saturday

I know nothing other that what I'm reading here, but couldn't O13's post and the info he heard be the leak you are asking about? So if he is coming to Syracuse, it was leaked.

Fyi, UK lurkers...we really don't give a sheet about your program either, except when it comes to shady recruitements. might want to take a look into the mirror dips hits . I'd say we have a case of a few insecure fans (both sides) I pray to the basketball gods we get a chance to play soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.