Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. just know that if he signed his LOI with us, we wouldn't let him out of it, right. So he didn't sign with us. And as this has been late breaking, I have to think he didn't sign with them.
if there is no LOI, this could be another Battle-like situation: He declares for UK tomorrow night, but when spring rolls around and its signing time, he comes back home.

Shorter: No LOI; no conclusion

Hell yeah, he saw Frank Freaking Howard and turned tail. That's what could have happened.

That's one thing, but he could also see a guy like Battle coming off the bench instead of starting. There could be a million different factors.

That's one thing, but he could also see a guy like Battle coming off the bench instead of starting. There could be a million different factors.

Battle won't be here next year.

No, he can't. I am just saying we have been in worse shape before. This would be a kick in the nuts, no question.

We had some teams that weren't sexy and we still pulled off successful seasons in spite of that. What's most concerning to me about this class and the direction we're heading is the lack of depth currently.

I firmly believe we need 4 guys who are ready to contribute out of the gate just to win 20 games for the 17-18 season.

You guys need therapy. And a Xanax.

Given Dasher's latest, I assume you are changing your tune a bit? Appreciate your info always, but his sources are closer to the mothership -

Only thing I'm worried about is having mediocre talent trending into post-Boeheim territory. This would be the year I'd want Hop to take over if that's the case. Rather the narrative not be Hop takes over and Cuse misses the tournament.

I'm still working on that Nintendo classic, it was at Target earlier but I missed it. I'm so close I can feel it.
I just sold my extra one yesterday. You'll want a longer cord, two and a half feet isn't nearly long enough.

My boss today was awfully annoyed that I was on my phone pretty much all day constantly updating this thiread, yikes.

re: Kentucky - well, people talked about Quade being able to play with his boys and that 'Cuse had enough open schollys for everyone. Well, UK already has Washington and Richards, and could very well get Diallo.

re: Howard - You can't compare Howard to Trae Young. Howard will be a junior, and while the coaches might say that him and Q can play together, maybe Q sees that an upper classmen that good will be hard to beat out. Beating a fellow freshman like Trae when they both come in on equal footing is a different story. It's also possible he saw how UK used Monk/Fox and thinks it could work with him and Young.

re: O13 - it's obvious who is DIRECT source is. However, he also (or her) has connections to players as well. As far as what he said Saturday, I assumed that came from a player to his source, not from the academic side.

Howard will be an elite PG next year, and getting Quade would be awesome - I think we're mad about potentially losing him has more to do with missing out on a top 25 recruit/potential recruits he could bring with him as opposed to thinking that he is a better player than Frank.

I want Quade to come here, bad. But right now we have a really, really good team and it's going to be a super fun year. It'd be one thing if we looked weak this year and next year looked even bleaker. But this will be a fun ride through March and hopefully APril and let's enjoy that. We've seem to have better luck with the 4 stars recently for whatever reason. Brissett is a good start and I have faith in the staff that will add necessary pieces along the way to make us competitive next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.