Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of what you have said. As someone else posted below though there have been a lot of things that have taken place under Cal's watch before he got to UK. I think that is a lot of it. I live in Seattle and there are like 3 other Syracuse fans in the whole city and I will tell you my friends here who follow basketball closely believe that Cal doesn't pay kids but there are things that happen that is not directly involving him that as one of my friends who is a high school coach and has won a state title said are and I quote, "shaddy as ." You could argue many of things happen everywhere though. I personally believe the things that happened at Memphis make anything at UK pale in comparison.

Oh, I agree 100%. It's hard to tell what all he did while at Memphis and UMass. I, by no means, think he is a perfect coach. But like you said, are there any that haven't been shady at some point? He definitely took some chances on some kids while at Memphis and it's not like Memphis isn't known as a shady basketball town anyway, maybe the shadiest area for AAU in the country. So, I'm sure there are some things that I wouldn't be proud to know he did while there. With that said, I think that's the case for any coach. Some more so than others obviously but I'm sure all coaches have bent a few rules, especially when they're starting out. But with Cal, he doesn't need to do that anymore. He doesn't have to pay players at UK. For anyone who knows UK basketball (my sister worked in the basketball office), knows that Sandy Bell keeps a very close eye on EVERYTHING with admissions with the players. Even before Cal really starts recruiting a kid hard, she is on top of everything with admissions.
But you have a great point, I think alot of it does stem from his time at Memphis. Hell, I was probably on the same boat until he became our coach and I actually looked into the instances on his record. I just think those days are behind him and that he doesn't need to do any shady at UK.

He and Quade are friendly. I'm sure it's not a huge issue.
It could be a problem when Quade and Trae Young commit - he just went from UK"s starting PG to 3rd on the depth chart

What happened? I'm not reading the past 20 pages. Someone please summarize what happened
Jake, iommi, Cuseman4, bees say it looks like UK and no NLI has been signed (to their knowledge). O13 is still 100% that it's SU.

What happened? I'm not reading the past 20 pages. Someone please summarize what happened
Its actually great (depending on ur perspective): O13 said hes Cuse, Jordoo guessed Cuse, a respected Marine said Cuse(altho he might have been kidding), but a Mod indicated Uk as well as at least 2 other very respected posters. I cant wait til Sat!!

Is the staff's sudden worry due simply to not having received a LOI, or is there some affirmative knowledge that Kentucky is the choice?

Has anyone heard a peep from the UK side? I would assume if our insiders think its UK and it truly was UK, that UK insiders would have similar info.

522 more replies and this thread passes Tyus Battle for 3rd place all time

Is the staff's sudden worry due simply to not having received a LOI, or is there some affirmative knowledge that Kentucky is the choice?
I can't speak for those insiders who have posted - but my assumption based on their words is that simply UK is the choice - no one has mentioned an NLI either way

Jake, iommi, Cuseman4, bees say it looks like UK and no NLI has been signed (to their knowledge). O13 is still 100% that it's SU.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the same stuff through the grapevine that hasn't looked good, but I've never claimed to have any inside info. I have no source here at all. (Just want to be clear on that, refreshing huh?)

I can't speak for those insiders who have posted - but my assumption based on their words is that simply UK is the choice - no one has mentioned an NLI either way

I take all this as the staff has been informed today that his decision is UK. But that would be a guess based on what I am reading.

It could be a problem when Quade and Trae Young commit - he just went from UK"s starting PG to 3rd on the depth chart]

Alaexander had to know he wasn't Plan A (sorry, couldn't resist).

So wait, we're the ones who got honeydicked? good for Quade...you get your mom that house just in case the NBA doesn't come calling.

It could be a problem when Quade and Trae Young commit - he just went from UK"s starting PG to 3rd on the depth chart

Jake, iommi, Cuseman4, bees say it looks like UK and no NLI has been signed (to their knowledge). O13 is still 100% that it's SU.
tumblr_lj9vz2WCwO1qd2lt5.gif

Quade choosing UK wouldn't be shocking we all now how difficult it is when you battle/go head to head with UK. The bigger issue is that after a final four season where SU had a ridiculous amount of coverage and hype and with at least 4-5 open spots were struggling to put together any semblance of a class. Its baffling. JB's impending retirement appears to be rearing its ugly head. Shocked we haven't landed more recruits by this point coming off last year, again baffling.
not that baffling. Look at it like an outsider (this is not me saying it, but how someone recruiting against us could):
  • We've had two pretty mediocre seasons; the FF erases that for us fans, but outsiders (and negative recruiters) don't ignore the records
  • We just got slammed with sanctions that directly targeted our coach
  • that coach is on the way out much sooner rather than later & his replacement has no HC experience other than a mediocre audition while Boeheim was suspended
  • the athletic department is in apparent disarray & has had 3 directors in 18 months, one fired in disgrace, one bailing after a few months & now a TV exec with no prior AD experience
  • they are relying on 5th year transfers to field a competitive team this year and will likely have to do so again next year - you don't know who your teammates will be or what quality they will be

don't know if was noticed but when Quade congratulated Brissett the canadian answerd thanks family...few hours later Brissett took it away... HE IS ORANGE ! and i tell you from italy lol

I also noticed that Brissett posted symbols for two packages ("package deal"). But that was a few days ago -- and the thought now from this board is that something changed drastically in the last 24-48 hours.

I haven't followed cuseman much but I've learned to value Jake's and iommi's recruiting posts greatly.

don't know if was noticed but when Quade congratulated Brissett the canadian answerd thanks family...few hours later Brissett took it away... HE IS ORANGE ! and i tell you from italy lol

More like Oshae thought QG was Orange at that point too.

I take all this as the staff has been informed today that his decision is UK. But that would be a guess based on what I am reading.
But someone threw out that we have a 15% chance still. Just puzzled as to what exactly was/wasn't communicated.

After reading this thread's past several pages, for my own sanity, I'll just follow this simple principle...

Yes that appears to be what has happened.

Although O13 said at 4:30 was the last update he had and was very confident.

I know, I know - but just recapping for those who've missed what's going on

I haven't followed cuseman much but I've learned to value Jake's and iommi's recruiting posts greatly.

Thanks, appreciate that. I try to bring value here when I can. Have nothing here other than what a lot of other folks have been told. Jake undoubtedly has a source close to this situation. I don't.

If we lose out on Quade, brace yourselves for the most wildly outlandish Frank Howard threads of all time.

He said that. But the point to focus on is that Jake and Dashers sources are on the coaching staff and O13s is in academic support. So whose information do you think is more timely and more accurate at the time that it's being shared.
Jake and Dash sources are coaching staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.