Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reasonable request. That every member of this board abide by the same rules you wanted me to follow. I've posted about 95% LESS on this thread than the TT or AW3 thread. So let's not get personal.

We all want the same thing and frankly, none of you know how close my source is to the situation.

This is crazy talk - pitting me against other forum members like dasher and Jake. I'm sure they are great people and I'll never know them personally so why people are making this an Orangeman13 v. Other forum members is unfair.

Make sure you're ready to celebrate tonight!
Hope you are right, cant wait for the decision because i have no clue. But you have to admit there is a huge disconnect on this thread the last few days. You have never wavered while obviously many of the most respected senior insiders indicate its uk, altho they wont say they know for certain it seems. They are either correct or its one of the best head fakes of all time on this forum. We shall see! Go Cuse!

I have one simple question for you. Is it your position that nothing changed this week? That Green is ours and always has been?
Logically I tend to think you're info is accurate , but honestly why does it matter? Maybe that's the bad info? Even you're not 100 percent sure he's not coming.

No. My position is he announces Syracuse tonight.

Let's leave it at that. I've been coached by some well respected forum members to be as vague as possible and I'm sticking to that advice.
I'll tell you if he does they should just change your handle to board legend.

Let's leave it at that. I've been coached by some well respected forum members to be as vague as possible and I'm sticking to that advice.
I don't believe you for even the slightest second. But... I will be ecstatic to come here and tell ya what an idiot I have been if by some miracle you're completely on the level and right on this.

Logically I tend to think you're info is accurate , but honestly why does it matter? Maybe that's the bad info? Even you're not 100 percent sure he's not coming.
I am not sure of anything regarding whether Green is coming. Have never said otherwise. I know what I know. Green flipped to Kentucky mid week. Did he change back? No idea. People that I respect say he didn't. My point to O13 is that if he didn't know about the flip. Then I can discount all of his calls on this subject. If he did, and says yeah, he flipped back, then we could be cooking with gas. That is why it matters.

I like the way you have said matter fact he's Cuse all the way..Dasher left himself a loophole to be right either way..If he picks UK he will say see i told you..If he picks Cuse he will say Thank god our coaches were able to flip him back..

Here is an idea. Let's be excited about the current team, the team that looks strong enough to make another Final 4. The team that, yes, has 2 grad transfers but also is composed of the typical JB recruits, i.e. not a bunch of McD all Americans

Cal doesn't develop pros, he recruits them. He cycles through more top talent than any other program, so of course he is going to have more players in the league. But he works with the top guys for what - 9 months? He didn't create John Wall or Cousins or Davis - he offers a quick pit stop before the league with some perks, and doesn't apologize for it. He's the shadiest in a shady system. He is good at what he does, but what he does is NOT development.

Well since you're not a UK fan I understand why you'd think that. Until you've watched hours upon hours of interviews, practices and games you dont fully grasp how difficult it is to work with a team full of 5* talent.

When every single one of them come in they are all used to running the show and being THE man on their team. Now they are being told for the first time NO... and some of them dont respond well to it. Our down years have not been a result of bad coaching, poor talent or injuries, its because its taken some of these kids far longer to get used to playing as a team than it should have.

As a fan you are able to see how hard Cal works at breaking them of their bad habits. Which is why I laugh so hard when opposing fans call Cal a cheater, slimy and say he cant coach or that he doesnt develop the talent. That man is one of the hardest working coaches in the country.

If you want to have an unbiased opinion about him and how he coaches look up any article written by any journalist that has watched his practices. Even his worst critics say he develops these kids and that he doesnt just roll the balls out.

I'll tell you if he does they should just change your handle to board legend.
no, this is crazy talk. We are not in high school and despite SOME people's opinions, I do not get personal satisfaction from the Internet. I DO get satisfaction from Syracuse winning!

The only gloating I would do is to UK and how they treat players like meat. At least we recognized Green when UK wouldn't give him the time of day. Hint: that played THE DECIDING FACTOR in his decision.

Well, I'm off to doug's fish fry, then headed to the dome at

no, this is crazy talk. We are not in high school and despite SOME people's opinions, I do not get personal satisfaction from the Internet. I DO get satisfaction from Syracuse winning!

The only gloating I would do is to UK and how they treat players like meat. At least we recognized Green when UK wouldn't give him the time of day. Hint: that played THE DECIDING FACTOR in his decision.
Love Dougs miss my hometown. Thanks for posting enjoy the game.

I like the way you have said matter fact he's Cuse all the way..Dasher left himself a loophole to be right either way..If he picks UK he will say see i told you..If he picks Cuse he will say Thank god our coaches were able to flip him back..
Man, dasher doesn't care about being right, he just wants Q in Orange and has been nice enough to share his info. He's just reporting what he hears, I can't speak for him but I bet he'd be ecstatic if O13 is right. Just enjoy that people in the know share stuff here

Here's the problem: Syracuse is in Syracuse. I love my hometown but the first 3 rules of recruiting are location , location, location. And most high school graduates think Syracuse has none of the 3. If location wasn't a factor, Cuse would be pulling in top 5 classes year in year out, no problem. But we ain't. And with everything else Syracuse has to offer we should be.

It's ridiculous that we have to work this hard for one 5 star recruit, just to miss him. We have no choice to, in most cases, take the kids that want to be here who don't also have offers to Duke, KY, Kansas, NC, and this year ...AZ.

I think this argument is complete BS. Many are quick to use the location, weather, snow excuse. It is all nonsense. Freaking Kentucky. One of the most backward states in the country, historically (and often times still) racist as can be, attracts as good recruits as anyone. Kentucky is near no fertile recruiting grounds. It simply doesn't matter.

Not to mention Kansas, Michigan State, essentially the entire Big 10, as well as the Big 12. Syracuse is in absolutely fine of a location. Aside from UCLA and Zona (weather, not city), Miami, but they are a relative new comer to big time hoops, what other programs are in amazing areas?

Does Ennis miss the shot against Pitt if we were both BE?

Duke game at home was a call away.

Buzz was BE, Buzz is now ACC. Buzz will continue to be a pain in the butt. Dixon I guess is no longer, but we still have to compete against Mike Brey. Larranaga is as good as anyone. Pitino is a HOFer. For some reason we keep losing to Clemson...

Not to mention that GTech/ Clemson/Wake/etc. are all better than Rutgers/DePaul/South Florida/etc.

Man, dasher doesn't care about being right, he just wants Q in Orange and has been nice enough to share his info. He's just reporting what he hears, I can't speak for him but I bet he'd be ecstatic if O13 is right. Just enjoy that people in the know share stuff here
My point is Dasher will be right no matter who QG picks..If Cuse he will say i told you..IF UK he will say well coach flipped him back..

I think this argument is complete BS. Many are quick to use the location, weather, snow excuse. It is all nonsense. Freaking Kentucky. One of the most backward states in the country, historically (and often times still) racist as can be, attracts as good recruits as anyone. Kentucky is near no fertile recruiting grounds. It simply doesn't matter.

Not to mention Kansas, Michigan State, essentially the entire Big 10, as well as the Big 12. Syracuse is in absolutely fine of a location. Aside from UCLA and Zona (weather, not city), Miami, but they are a relative new comer to big time hoops, what other programs are in amazing areas?
I take it you've never been to Lexington or Louisville

Enjoy your day everyone! I'm headed to Doug's fish fry with my future wife then headed to the Dome to watch us hopefully beat Florida State.

Then I'm going to Destiny USA to see the mall I used to walk around in on week nights to de-stress from grad school.

Go Syracuse! The University and the city!

Here's the problem: Syracuse is in Syracuse. I love my hometown but the first 3 rules of recruiting are location , location, location. And most high school graduates think Syracuse has none of the 3. If location wasn't a factor, Cuse would be pulling in top 5 classes year in year out, no problem. But we ain't. And with everything else Syracuse has to offer we should be.

It's ridiculous that we have to work this hard for one 5 star recruit, just to miss him. We have no choice to, in most cases, take the kids that want to be here who don't also have offers to Duke, KY, Kansas, NC, and this year ...AZ.

I'm not so sure that location is as huge of a factor as some make it out to be. If it were, then why do Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State (Tallahasse is a dump!), and Clemson reign in the top recruits in football? Heck, Kentucky and Durham are hardly offering the same location benefits as places like Miami, USF, USC and UCLA do! The fact is that these kids go to where they feel they have the best chance to make it to the pro's. And Cuse has had as good of a track record of having kids drafted in the first round to the NBA as just about anyone as of late.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is what I'm doing. How about I'm telling the truth. If he says Kentucky, I won't be happy and say told you so. I will be very unhappy. If he picks Syracuse, I won't be unhappy. I have told what I know about the situation. Which is 100% factual. He could actually sign with Rutgers for all I know. He was Syracuse's. He then was Kentucky's. what happened after that, I don't know. I suspect he stayed with Kentucky and hope that I am wrong.

Enjoy your day everyone! I'm headed to Doug's fish fry with my future wife then headed to the Dome to watch us hopefully beat Florida State.

Then I'm going to Destiny USA to see the mall I used to walk around in on week nights to de-stress from grad school.

Go Syracuse! The University and the city!

You coming to the tailgate?

Oh. And let me add one more thing:

Calipari is a condescending a...hole. He oozes it, walks and talks it. And parents and kids eat up his bull fish with a fork and knife

First of all, the Syracuse location is irrelevant. As someone else pointed out Lawrence, Kansas and Lansing, Michigan say hello. Also, SO many players from outside of the metro area have gone to Storrs, CT past and present. It is just an uphill battle to go directly against Kentucky, Duke, and Arizona specifically right now in a recruiting battle.

Cal is a douche and you might be right about him BUT his system works. It is quite easy to see why a stud recruit who wants attention and who wants to play with most likely the BEST talent for a year would pick UK. Regardless of WWW. As far as coaching goes; Cal does not necessarily develop them beacuse generally they are already advanced and ready for the draft. But, there is no doubt in my mind he can coach. ANY player, coach, scout, GM will tell you that. He gets them to sacrifice their stats, play unselfish ball, and play hard. He is good team shrink as well, imo. Of course there is that hoopla around the draft that some recruits like. Him being there, the hugs, support, etc. If Quade does pick UK, it simply means to me that he wants to play with better talent, wants attention and/or the loot, and likes Cal better. It's kinda simple actually to understand. Quade is more of the douche not Cal for not being as loyal as we thought to Syracuse.

Well since you're not a UK fan I understand why you'd think that. Until you've watched hours upon hours of interviews, practices and games you dont fully grasp how difficult it is to work with a team full of 5* talent.

When every single one of them come in they are all used to running the show and being THE man on their team. Now they are being told for the first time NO... and some of them dont respond well to it. Our down years have not been a result of bad coaching, poor talent or injuries, its because its taken some of these kids far longer to get used to playing as a team than it should have.

As a fan you are able to see how hard Cal works at breaking them of their bad habits. Which is why I laugh so hard when opposing fans call Cal a cheater, slimy and say he cant coach or that he doesnt develop the talent. That man is one of the hardest working coaches in the country.

If you want to have an unbiased opinion about him and how he coaches look up any article written by any journalist that has watched his practices. Even his worst critics say he develops these kids and that he doesnt just roll the balls out.

I would like to see how he does with 3 star recruits!!!! And with the talent he gets, he should win it all every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.