Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 163 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
24f987455cb45e3fcc728467f4c673ddc07c24f85a2cecf42ab4c8d31b7246c1.jpg

Could someone PM me exact location of tailgate and how I can identify you guys?

I don't want to walk up to the wrong party lol

Across from the new law school dorms, were the biggest tailgate and were in the back. Stop by, will be here till at least 3

I've been to Durham and that place makes Syracuse look like Oz. Outside of the Duke campus that town is a wasteland.

It's clear to me programs are using JB's pending retirement against us. JB has never consistently gotten 5 star recruits and I think outside of this year this has always been typical of our classes. This year we really were chasing the big boys.

Um, you know that Durham is part of the Raleigh area? It's a nice area. Good food, good weather, cool city/area. Not even a debate, lol.

Agreed. I wish we had a system and recruited like UK. I suspect since we're a private school that the NCAA would not allow it but nonetheless, I'm not hating on Cal for trying to make his team better. This would all be on our coaching staffs recruiting techniques and Quade himself should he choose UK in the last minute after they could care less about him for years.

Location is not a thing. We're pretty close to basketball recruiting hot beds compared to some of these other random backwoods areas good recruiting schools are located in.

I'll hate on him--I think it is complete bullsh-t that he is able to use a street agent -- and one who is affiliated with a professional sports agency, no less -- to steer recruits to his school.

Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.

Ha ha ha -- this is so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say.

Can't wait for this circus to be over.

The Slime? That's a new one! I'll have to add that to the list.
Here's another for your list: The Squid. Picked that one up from a Kansas fan. More of a thinker than "Calamari." Stands as my favorite to date.

Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.

Well, clearly one thing that's 'real'...your posts since Thursday have certainly created a lot of this:

I tell you what, this has been entertaining to say the least. I originally came to just see what you all were saying about QG and since I haven't been able to leave this thread. You all are great! No matter which way this goes tonight I think I will have a smile on my face.

I haven't posted about Quade in awhile, just been sitting back reading all the posts. I will say this though, and I have said it many times before, Quade's main goal has always been to get to the NBA. He also wants to take care of his mother. Quade is going to go wherever he feels he can do that the fastest. I'm telling you right now, Quade is getting a bag wherever he decides to go! No questions. So either Syracuse is giving him a bag or Kentucky is giving him a bag, or whoever but he is getting a bag. His mother posted online a few days ago telling people to come out to see Quade sign and many people were posting schools where they want him to go. Not that this means anything but there were schools that she didn't hit "like" on, such a Villanova and there was another school she did hit like on, which was Kentucky. Again not that it means anything but I just thought that was interesting. I also think that Tyus Battle will be back next year and him and Howard are going to start. JB is giving Battle the same treatment that he did to Dion Waiters and Michael Carter-Williams. It's still early but it looks like JB is not going to let Tyus Battle break loose this year and display what he could really do and he is going to rations his minutes. I know we have a good team but I know Kid Mamba diserves more time on the hardwood. AW3 is really good but he hunts points. Even at the end of the game yesterday he was taking poor shots when we didn't even need to shoot because he was trying to get his points up after cooling off in the 2nd half. I like the fact that AW3 is aggressive and that's great when the shots fall but I do think at times he's out there point hunting. I bring that up because again I think because of this situation Battle can't display what he really could do to the fulliest and therefore will be back at school next year. Battle and Howard start next year and meanwhile Kentucky sends more kids to the NBA draft next year alllowing more kids to come right in to fill their spots. Kentucky is an NBA factory and I think that might be too much for Quade to pass up. I could be wrong though, we will all find out soon.

Wow, lot of truth to process here!

I haven't posted about Quade in awhile, just been sitting back reading all the posts. I will say this though, and I have said it many times before, Quade's main goal has always been to get to the NBA. He also wants to take care of his mother. Quade is going to go wherever he feels he can do that the fastest. I'm telling you right now, Quade is getting a bag wherever he decides to go! No questions. So either Syracuse is giving him a bag or Kentucky is giving him a bag, or whoever but he is getting a bag. His mother posted online a few days ago telling people to come out to see Quade sign and many people were posting schools where they want him to go. Not that this means anything but there were schools that she didn't hit "like" on, such a Villanova and there was another school she did hit like on, which was Kentucky. Again not that it means anything but I just thought that was interesting. I also think that Tyus Battle will be back next year and him and Howard are going to start. JB is giving Battle the same treatment that he did to Dion Waiters and Michael Carter-Williams. It's still early but it looks like JB is not going to let Tyus Battle break loose this year and display what he could really do and he is going to rations his minutes. I know we have a good team but I know Kid Mamba diserves more time on the hardwood. AW3 is really good but he hunts points. Even at the end of the game yesterday he was taking poor shots when we didn't even need to shoot because he was trying to get his points up after cooling off in the 2nd half. I like the fact that AW3 is aggressive and that's great when the shots fall but I do think at times he's out there point hunting. I bring that up because again I think because of this situation Battle can't display what he really could do to the fulliest and therefore will be back at school next year. Battle and Howard start next year and meanwhile Kentucky sends more kids to the NBA draft next year alllowing more kids to come right in to fill their spots. Kentucky is an NBA factory and I think that might be too much for Quade to pass up. I could be wrong though, we will all find out soon.

Just to let you all know Quade's mother hit like on the posts where people were saying he should go to Syracuse too. Also like I said before Quade has always wanted to go to SU since he was a little kid, so we will just have to see if Cal was able to change his mind.

Thanks man. You still hearing anything positive?
If you're going to announce for Cuse on Saturday, you're not going to the UK game and into their locker room on Tuesday night. The handwriting was on the wall he wasn't committed to SU.

If you're going to announce for Cuse on Saturday, you're not going to the UK game and into their locker room on Tuesday night. The handwriting was on the wall he wasn't committed to SU.

I personally think he's going to Kentucky and Trae Young stays in state, but anything can happen these days.

Can someone summarize the last 25 pages of this thread? I need to rake the yard and don't have the time...

Another question:
When do we go back to 13 schollies?

Can someone summarize the last 25 pages of this thread? I need to rake the yard and don't have the time...

Another question:
Several longtime respected posters say Quade has signed his LOI with UK. Another poster says Quade has signed with SU. That's about it.

I have absolutely no info on the recruitment, but I am going on record that Quade will be playing at SU next year. And that is all I will say about that. For now.

Another question:

Yes sir,,Dasher says he will pick Cuse unless he picks Kentucky.

2 things:
- with O13 source supposedly being a player, is it concerning that gilardino talked to a former player who was texting with OTHER former players who think Quade is not coming here
- Jake, Bees, Dash, Francis all are people who seem to rely their information directly. They don't sugarcoat it, they just kind of say it say "this is what it is". O13 on the other hand, is a little over the top and seems to exaggerate things to make his point. I'm a fan of O13 and he was dead on with AW3 and TT - but the fact that he has not even displayed a little hesistancy in this case to me just makes it seem like he's playing it up. He's going all in regardless. I hope he's right, but the closer it gets to 8PM, the more I worry that for the first time here, he won't be right.
Sounds like his luck finally ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.