Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid can get to the hoop, but the defense is nonexistent.
Kadary Richmond looked like a lost cause on defense in his prep school highlights.

Many top recruits are not required by their high school/prep coaches to play much defense. All of that changes when they are tutored by (good) D-I coaching staffs.

Kadary Richmond looked like a lost cause on defense in his prep school highlights.

Many top recruits are not required by their high school/prep coaches to play much defense. All of that changes when they are tutored by (good) D-I coaching staffs.
I meant that nobody was playing defense in any of those clips.

Kadary always projected to be a very good defender IMO. His hands and anticipation were pretty remarkable in high school.

The kid can get to the hoop, but the defense is nonexistent.

Good thing you only need long arms in the Tavern League

Kadary always projected to be a very good defender IMO. His hands and anticipation were pretty remarkable in high school.

Well yeah - but it was also said that he didn’t have the “biggest motor” in terms of consistent effort on D.

So - nobody knew if or how that would actually translate to college and the 2-3 zone.

Well yeah - but it was also said that he didn’t have the “biggest motor” in terms of consistent effort on D.

So - nobody knew if or how that would actually translate to college and the 2-3 zone.
I remember that too, but the motor issues never showed up in any of the games I watched of his. Granted I only watched 5 or so games, but I kinda wonder if it was one of those things where people just see a guy playing at his own methodical pace and think it's low motor.

He's the best on the ball defender we have EVER had - he is also a great defender at the top of the zone - make every pass a threat to be stolen - gone for a local YMCA player (those are not my words - those are the words of coaches of the teams we play against)

He's the best on the ball defender we have EVER had - he is also a great defender at the top of the zone - make every pass a threat to be stolen - gone for a local YMCA player (those are not my words - those are the words of coaches of the teams we play against)

Um, yeah.
Jason Hart would like a word with you, on Line 1.
MCW is waiting on Line 2.

Don't know about that, but he was definitely pretty good.

Triche was veryyyyy underrated also

And Scoop averaged 2 steals / game for his entire career.
He's 2nd all-time at Cuse behind Hart.
(shockingly, GMac is 3rd)

Pearl had an excellent per-game steals average of 2.3.

I can't speak for Hart as he was just before I started watching. I'd definitely take MCW over anyone I've seen at the top of our zone. Kadary is probably #2 though.

I can't speak for Hart as he was just before I started watching. I'd definitely take MCW over anyone I've seen at the top of our zone. Kadary is probably #2 though.

I think MCW is far and away #1

Hart is #2

Kadary had the potential for #3 but I’ll give it to Triche for bigger impact

Frank (when he wanted to give effort) and Battle we’re pretty good too

No- and while he was very good he doesn't crack the top 10. He was one of the best threats to pick off a pass at the top of the zone sure. But best on ball no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom