Class of 2019 - PG/SG Addison Patterson (CN/BellaVistaAZ) to Oregon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG/SG Addison Patterson (CN/BellaVistaAZ) to Oregon

Never understood why we didn’t keep on Addi. Such a good player and I would take him over Jackson any day. Watched the whole Texas Titans v WhyNot game and Addi was the best player on the floor. That includes Top 3 prospects Jalen Green & Cade Cunningham, top 10 prospect Greg Brown such a disgrace

Never understood why we didn’t keep on Addi. Such a good player and I would take him over Jackson any day. Watched the whole Texas Titans v WhyNot game and Addi was the best player on the floor. That includes Top 3 prospects Jalen Green & Cade Cunningham, top 10 prospect Greg Brown such a disgrace

It's likely the player said he wasn't interested or the staff backed off for non-bball reasons (ie. $).

For 2019? So Oregon really really needs to be investigated I mean they are pulling five star prospects left and right. Drives me crazy
Oregon also has former Cuse target Chris Duarte coming in this year from junior college. One of the top JUCO prospects in the country. They should be good this season. I really don’t know how these once middling programs can reload like this. Well, I do. $$$ Also, how does a kid reclassify to 2019 a week before school starts?!? Duke pulled this last year with RJ, I think. Something smells fishy with Oregon.

Last edited:
Oregon has the big Canadian connection.
Mike Mennenga, their assistant, was an assistant at Canisius, I believe, and is hooked into all the Ontario programs that we are. That’s where Addi is from. But I still gotta believe Oregon is using Nike money to pay these kids. That’s how they finally got themselves on the map as a program.

Mike Mennenga, their assistant, was an assistant at Canisius, I believe, and is hooked into all the Ontario programs that we are. That’s where Addi is from. But I still gotta believe Oregon is using Nike money to pay these kids. That’s how they finally got themselves on the map as a program.

If we had done that the NCAA would ban us for ten years and throw away the key. It’s outrageous and it continually stains the credibility of the sport every year

Oregon has to be paying , no way they are getting all these guys past 3 years clean
100%. Mennenga is a good recruiter but give me a break, no one is that good. I get that Oregon lost all their big contributors from last season so playing time is available, but 5 top 100 kids? No way that’s legit. That said, I wish we had gone after Duarte in JC (he’s a NY State kid and is gonna be real good) or Addi.

Last edited:
100%. Mennenga is a good recruiter but give me a break, no one is that good. I get that Oregon lost all their big contributors from last season so playing time is available, but 5 top 100 kids? No way that’s legit. That said, I wish we had gone after Duarte in JC (he’s a NY State kid and is gonna be real good) or Addi.
which guard in this class - goodine or jgiii - would you dump in favor of duarte?

which guard in this class - goodine or jgiii - would you dump in favor of duarte?
I remember when we lost out on "Boo" Harvey. Boo Harvey - Wikipedia The basketball world was gonna crash. JB then signed some PG out of Spingard HS in DC that John Thompson didn't even recruit.
"Generally" speaking, that consolation recruit is an all time great and fan favorite. His #20 jersey hangs in the rafters. You just never know how things will work out.

Didn't we recruit him for a while out of HS? He's the number 1 JUCO kid. I guess there really was something there. The board was not thrilled when his name was being chatted about a few years back, as he was definitely under the radar at the time. I guess the coaches saw his potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom