Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one exit a nightmare again? Find stairs and throw oneself down them in the dream?
Impossible to do.

Attachments

• 61E7wHkhdWL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    61E7wHkhdWL._AC_SY580_.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 116
Symir’s last year on the City Rocks was nothing to write home about. Sure, he lead the team is assists, but he shot 37% overall and 27% from 3. He’s not someone who is going to push Joe or be a difference maker. He’s JAG IMO and Joe is the better player.
Which is the problem. Need bodies and depth but need good players. Ideally the best possible. It's that simple (understand it's not as easy as just hand picking, but the strategy should almost always be that straight forward).

If COVID transfer rules land us Symir for Kadary, I don’t even know what to say.
He’s not Richmond and no one will pretend otherwise. The staff is putting all their eggs into Girard’s development whether we like it or not. With that in mind, Torrence is the right fit. He gets along great with the guys playing ahead of him and he’ll know his role. He has talent and he’ll appreciate being here. He would be a drama-free addition.

I’ll take him in a heartbeat.

He isn't. Honestly, it's not even close

Agreed. I looked up their City Rock stats together and it was not pretty. I was trying to be optimistic, but if he signs here this does nothing to help us this season.

He’s not Richmond and no one will pretend otherwise. The staff is putting all their eggs into Girard’s development whether we like it or not. With that in mind, Torrence is the right fit. He gets along great with the guys playing ahead of him and he’ll know his role. He has talent and he’ll appreciate being here. He would be a drama-free addition.

Look I’m not going to belittle him as a player but if this is what we’ve become we’re in more trouble than I thought. So we’re just getting the City Rocks back together? Holy hell

Well said.

For anyone who was able to watch him at Marquette and/or in High School, how is he on the defensive side of the ball? Will he be a decent zone defender?

One of my good friends is a Marquette alum and a big hoops guy. He says hes not coming back so it’s not them.
FYI, they are not terribly upset that he’s leaving

he does think Albany but isn’t sure

For anyone who was able to watch him at Marquette and/or in High School, how is he on the defensive side of the ball? Will he be a decent zone defender?
I admittedly haven't watched him but I think he's generally considered to be good defensively but just terrible offensively.

Sounds like Syracuse likely lands him. Not sure how much that does for us, but I guess its not like we're going to get a guard much better than him with Joe and Buddy here.

The guys who went to local high schools and went on to play at Syracuse have done very well.

bit of a lose-lose situation for the staff.

If the reel in Torrence today, few will be that excited because he's considered many tiers down from Richmond. If they miss on Torrence, then HOW COULD THEY MISS ON SOMEONE SO MANY TIERS DOWN FROM RICHMOND?

If the reel in Torrence today, few will be that excited because he's considered many tiers down from Richmond. If they miss on Torrence, then HOW COULD THEY MISS ON SOMEONE SO MANY TIERS DOWN FROM RICHMOND?
Pretty much.

Maybe Richmond only did as good as he did at Syracuse BECAUSE OF THE COACHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.