Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we need a fourth guard. There isn’t enough playing time to go around especially with all the portal madness. No kid wants to be a fourth guard who eventually develops into a starter.

Injuries. competition for spots. Depth is never a bad thing. I am not sure if you are just referring to a veteran player like Symir coming in to be a fourth guard but we could definitely use another playable guard.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get involved here. Familiar with Buddy and Joe. Promises the starting gig the following year.

From 247: “So far Torrence has heard from UMass, Siena, UAlbany, Wake Forest, Washington, South Florida and Murray State and has talked in depth on his fit with UMass, South Carolina, Siena, and UAlbany.”

no way we get involved imo

From 247: “So far Torrence has heard from UMass, Siena, UAlbany, Wake Forest, Washington, South Florida and Murray State and has talked in depth on his fit with UMass, South Carolina, Siena, and UAlbany.”

no way we get involved imo
Former Marquette assistant just took over for Albany...

Wouldn't be surprised if we get involved here. Familiar with Buddy and Joe. Promises the starting gig the following year.
I liked it because of the “promises the starting gig the following year”. That is gold and I presume intentional.

Yea cuse mention happened quick. I know he likes playing with buddy/jg3...maybe he wants to be close to home and doesn't mind splitting time. Idk how I should feel about this.
Same boat. I think I’m good with it. I think we needed to get to four guards no matter what. So, he is number three. Also, I don’t think he scares off a bigger fish. The Joe and Buddy thing, that might scare some folks, but if properly sold...we can do this.

Same boat. I think I’m good with it. I think we needed to get to four guards no matter what. So, he is number three. Also, I don’t think he scares off a bigger fish. The Joe and Buddy thing, that might scare some folks, but if properly sold...we can do this.
I see symir as the best we will get. (And I like him as a player) but I don't see any big time star coming knowing Buddy/Joe are there. Not happening unfortunately. We better focus on bringing in a stud wing and big man to go with Benny because the guards we have will be our starters.

We won't get a Grad Transfer for guard #4.

Maybe a young kid looking for a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

And another new coaching staff in 2022-23. ;)

Yea cuse mention happened quick. I know he likes playing with buddy/jg3...maybe he wants to be close to home and doesn't mind splitting time. Idk how I should feel about this.
Replace Kadary with Symir? Hmmmmmm. Idk either.

Status
Not open for further replies.