Class of 2023 - PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ)

jordville

Hall of Fame
I know we've addressed the PG spot in 2022, but this is a kid to keep an eye on for 2023. Need to keep adding talent every year. Ty-Laur plays high school at St. Benedict's Prep and for the Rens in the EYBL. He is already off to a great summer and I feel like he will be climbing up the ranks. Here are the most recent clips from this past weekend when he was named MVP...
Offers: St. Johns, DePaul, Creighton, VCU

Last edited:
Ty-laur is filthy. He is a true point guard that can score. He really uses change of speed and his hesi to get the defense off balance and then he can either score or dish from there. Do we really have a shot at him?

Ty-laur is filthy. He is a true point guard that can score. He really uses change of speed and his hesi to get the defense off balance and then he can either score or dish from there. Do we really have a shot at him?

I think we might, if the staff picks a lane and goes all-in from the jump.

Not sure we can afford to wait to see how things work out with Judah before deciding to get involved -- we'd be too late.

I think we might, if the staff picks a lane and goes all-in from the jump.

Not sure we can afford to wait to see how things work out with Judah before deciding to get involved -- we'd be too late.

Yep and if Red is true to being versatile you find a way to max out playing time with smaller lineups to maximize the talent should you land this kid and Judah return.

Any idea if he would be willing to come off the bench if Judah returns, or is he looking for a place he's certain he'll start?

A player of this caliber wouldn't go anywhere being content to sit.
I imagine there has to have been some back channel talks between Cuse and Ty-Laur and maybe Jaden Bradley, if we’re at all concerned that Judah will stay in the draft. Then if he does stay in the draft, we have established discussions to build off of?