Class of 2023 - PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ)

I imagine there has to have been some back channel talks between Cuse and Ty-Laur and maybe Jaden Bradley, if we’re at all concerned that Judah will stay in the draft. Then if he does stay in the draft, we have established discussions to build off of?
I would think the fact that players like these two remain available this late is an indicator they are waiting to see what happens with possible destinations and playing time before making their choice.

Hopefully we are still a possible option for one or both.

Welp. Jaden Bradley is off the board. Is this the only player we're thinking the staff is considering if Judah doesn't come back? Or are they not even considering a replacement?

Anyone have a breakdown of this guy and insight as to whether he’s ready year one to run the show? What’s the staff think of him? Is he playing above his 80-110 rating? I haven’t paid attention much to HS decommits since I was focusing on the portal guys.

Anyone have a breakdown of this guy and insight as to whether he’s ready year one to run the show? What’s the staff think of him? Is he playing above his 80-110 rating? I haven’t paid attention much to HS decommits since I was focusing on the portal guys.
His HS ranking is garbage. I am pretty sure it's because he's just 6'0". He put 17/6/3 and 1.5 steals on 48% shooting overall and 82% from the foul line last year for the Rens in the EYBL.

He was their best player. Better than Naas Cunningham who went to play for Overtime Elite and is a 5 star.

I may have missed this but has anyone contacted Ty-laur to see if he is interested in playing at Syracuse? I saw where the new Syracuse assistant coach is following him on Twitter. Doesn’t seem to strong?

Realize that potentially there are Judah, JJ, Westry, Quadir and maybe JT already at guard. At point guard, there is Judah, JJ and Quadir. Judah May or may not return this year but if he does he will most likely be gone after his sophomore year. JJ and Wes are more CG players that could play point and both could be gone if they have breakout seasons. Quadir could be the bridesmaid once more.

There could be very little or a significant amount of PG playing time this year. Would Ty-Laur be willing to take the risk?

I may have missed this but has anyone contacted Ty-laur to see if he is interested in playing at Syracuse? I saw where the new Syracuse assistant coach is following him on Twitter. Doesn’t seem to strong?

Realize that potentially there are Judah, JJ, Westry, Quadir and maybe JT already at guard. At point guard, there is Judah, JJ and Quadir. Judah May or may not return this year but if he does he will most likely be gone after his sophomore year. JJ and Wes are more CG players that could play point and both could be gone if they have breakout seasons. Quadir could be the bridesmaid once more.

There could be very little or a significant amount of PG playing time this year. Would Ty-Laur be willing to take the risk?
Just to catch you up:
  • Judah is 200% done at SU and seems headed for oblivion, per someone who met a player once.
  • Starling did not lead ND to the tournament last year, so he is automatically flawed
  • Qadir was evidently the first frosh to ever turn the ball over, therefore he will never improve
  • Westry did not make a 3 at Auburn (and never will), so he will never amount to anything
  • And Red is a new HC, ... he hustles, but SU filed for NIL bankruptcy, so his strength is actually a weakness
It appears we are headed for Division II and LeMoyne will becomes the D1 program of choice in CNY.
Status quo.

Last edited:
Just to catch you up:
  • Judah is 200% done at SU and seems headed for oblivion, per someone who met a player once.
  • Starling did not lead ND to the tournament last year, so he is automatically flawed
  • Qadir was evidently the first frosh to ever turn the ball over, therefore he will never improve
  • Westry did not make a 3 at Auburn (and never will), so he will never amount to anything
  • And Red is a new HC, ... he hustles, but we filed for NIL bankruptcy, so his strength is actually a weakness
It appears we are headed for Division II and LeMoyne will becomes the D1 program of choice in CNY.
Status quo.
Thanks, but that was on the pay side weeks ago.

If anyone wants to check out Ty-Laur's numbers from this year with Overtime Elite you can see them here:

Ty-Laur Johnson

Put up good counting stats but was really inefficient getting those points and struggled shooting the 3 ball a lot. Also averaged quite a few turnovers per game. Not sure he's the answer if we're looking for someone to come in and be productive day 1 but I think he's got a lot of potential down the line.

Just to catch you up:
  • And Red is a new HC, ... he hustles, but we filed for NIL bankruptcy, so his strength is actually a weakness
Status quo.
Your forgot that Weitsman's NIL money is going to put Binghamton on the map and effectively lock up all the top talent in the Northeast.

Just to catch you up:
  • And Red is a new HC, ... he hustles, but SU filed for NIL bankruptcy, so his strength is actually a weakness
Status quo.
Classic. Print it. Put it on the fridge.

Louisville never ceases to amaze. Good coach, bad coach, good year, bad year, probation, no probation, investigations, no investigations. It doesn’t matter. They just continue to haul them in year after year. It’s not always reflected in success, but they never seem to skip a beat.

Louisville never ceases to amaze. Good coach, bad coach, good year, bad year, probation, no probation, investigations, no investigations. It doesn’t matter. They just continue to haul them in year after year. It’s not always reflected in success, but they never seem to skip a beat.

Kentucky as a state is pretty poor. But just like the other southern states there is some massive money down there in Lexington and Louisville around these programs.

Kentucky as a state is pretty poor. But just like the other southern states there is some massive money down there in Lexington and Louisville around these programs.
Yum Center and Papa John? have to be far above the average venue. Also, never been to the Commonwealth, but have heard the girls are pretty nice, maybe not UNC nice, but close. I'm picturing Jennifer Lawrence and Ashley Judd.

Yum Center and Papa John? have to be far above the average venue. Also, never been to the Commonwealth, but have heard the girls are pretty nice, maybe not UNC nice, but close. I'm picturing Jennifer Lawrence and Ashley Judd.

Our own Julie B is a Kentucky girl I believe. That said if you know much about the Horse business- you know the kind of money that's down that way.

Our own Julie B is a Kentucky girl I believe. That said if you know much about the Horse business- you know the kind of money that's down that way.
Crazy money in horse racing. Couple of neighborhoods near racetracks in SoCal are amazing; Bradbury near Santa Anita track, and Rancho Santa Fe near Del Mar track.