Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Every time I click on the recruiting page and see "Tyus Battle back on the board!" and not "Tyus Battle finally commits to Orange after 4 years!" I get angry.

That is all. (I have no thoughts on Applebees, UCONN, weight-loss strategies, Red Lobster, or if CuseHulk is in fact Bjorn. BUT, I can confirm that my favorite recent response to all this madness was Edowd26's short & sweet "Are you real?" response to a CuseHulk outburst haha."

Every time I click on the recruiting page and see "Tyus Battle back on the board!" and not "Tyus Battle finally commits to Orange after 4 years!" I get angry.

That is all. (I have no thoughts on Applebees, UCONN, weight-loss strategies, Red Lobster, or if CuseHulk is in fact Bjorn. BUT, I can confirm that my favorite recent response to all this madness was Edowd26's short & sweet "Are you real?" response to a CuseHulk outburst haha."

Not sure it means anything, but his Twitter account still says he is a Michigan commit, when I looked today. Now he may just not have removed it, but how really decommitted is he?

This whole situation just doesn't feel right somehow. I just get the feeling we are gonna get boned. God, I hope I'm wrong with a capitol "W" .

Not sure it means anything, but his Twitter account still says he is a Michigan commit, when I looked today. Now he may just not have removed it, but how really decommitted is he?

Yeah, I would feel better if that was removed but I also don't think it means a thing. It seems like more sense for Battle and his family to just sit tight and do nothing until a decision is made. The family is obviously being very tight lipped about things right now (understandably so); therefore, they probably have no intentions on doing much of anything publicly until a commitment is made. Makes perfect sense to me.

The other thing I've thought about is that if this were my son and he decided to decomit from a school, I would lock him the house for a week before he could make another decision just to be perfectly clear on what he wants to do. I would tell him no matter how sure you are now, I want you to sleep on it, sleep on it again and then sleep on it five more nights. Then we can move forward if you still feel the same.

As long as nothing comes out about him setting up his last official visit elsewhere, I think we are in the same place as we were several days ago which is quite positive.

I look at it this way, he visited Syracuse how many times prior to commiting to Mich? 2? 3? more? He's been to games on the hill(including the Duke game) the Melo Center etc, he knows what we have to offer already. He then decommits from Michigan and visits us right away, again. Now call me crazy but I don't know what he could posibly have have missed on his last handfull of visists... outside of a very frank conversation with the staff of what, at this point in time, he wants from Syracuse in order for him to commit here. Thats just how I'm reading this situation. I would be suprised if he doesn't commit here after he has had his fill of the recruiting circus/process

Yeah, I would feel better if that was removed but I also don't think it means a thing. It seems like more sense for Battle and his family to just sit tight and do nothing until a decision is made. The family is obviously being very tight lipped about things right now (understandably so); therefore, they probably have no intentions on doing much of anything publicly until a commitment is made. Makes perfect sense to me.

The other thing I've thought about is that if this were my son and he decided to decomit from a school, I would lock him the house for a week before he could make another decision just to be perfectly clear on what he wants to do. I would tell him no matter how sure you are now, I want you to sleep on it, sleep on it again and then sleep on it five more nights. Then we can move forward if you still feel the same.

As long as nothing comes out about him setting up his last official visit elsewhere, I think we are in the same place as we were several days ago which is quite positive.

Honestly, I would give him until Monday morning, and then I would move on hard to my other recruits. There is, in my opinion, just a time to say enough is enough.

Honestly, I would give him until Monday morning, and then I would move on hard to my other recruits. There is, in my opinion, just a time to say enough is enough.

This is crazy talk. We are in solid shape with this prospect--you don't issue ultimatums to a blue chip, transcendent talent just because you're feeling squirrely. Talk about desperate...

Hang tight--either way, this will all be over soon.

This is crazy talk. We are in solid shape with this prospect--you don't issue ultimatums to a blue chip, transcendent talent just because you're feeling squirrely. Talk about desperate...

Hang tight--either way, this will all be over soon.
I agree, but we should still be in constant contact with Gilbert, just in case

ORANGE OATH said:
This whole situation just doesn't feel right somehow. I just get the feeling we are gonna get boned. God, I hope I'm wrong with a capitol "W" .
Well you're worried (and about a program that ain't in it). Just read the signs...it's all there. When he commits you're gonna feel silly.

Well you're worried (and about a program that ain't in it). Just read the signs...it's all there. When he commits you're gonna feel silly.
I'm not gonna feel silly, I'm gonna feel relieved after he signs his letter of intent.

I only think it's odd that they decommited from UM, but then scheduled an official to SU (and only SU) 24 hours later. If they wanted to take more time to explore all their options, then why not decommit, take a couple weeks to finalize the last two unofficials, and then take some time to make a decision. This seems like test driving a Car A 10 times, and then buying Car B you test drove once, then taking it back to the dealer ship after a month, immediately taking another test drive on Car A, and then walking off the lot saying you still don't know.

I know, I know. 17 year olds.
you have to remember, we are on probation. with all the extra scrutiny, it is going to take a little extra time to channel the payoff money through a few extra blinds & cut outs.

I keed, I keed.

Honestly, at this point in time I'd take Huerter, assuming he is willing, and call it a day.

But I am not the coaches.

Cheers,
Neil
f
Honestly, at this point in time I'd take Huerter, assuming he is willing, and call it a day.

But I am not the coaches.

Cheers,
Neil

I would love to get Hueter... I think he will be a great college player and actually be here a few years

All I know is I feel really good.
Boom!
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors