Photos from the Jim and Julie Foundation Dinner | Syracusefan.com

Photos from the Jim and Julie Foundation Dinner

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
When introducing the team members last night, JB praised Matt for his commitment and hard work ... and wished him well at Vanderbilt. He got a nice round of applause. TB was not there, but all the other players were. I kept running into Lawrence Moten during the course of the evening. I think other former players were also there, but I did not see any.

A very nice event, as always. Lots of money was raised for the Boeheim Foundation, including $40,000 on a live auction item for a trip for four to the NBA Finals in whichever Western Conference city is involved. It includes a round-trip flight on a private jet with Jim Boeheim and court side tickets. From where I was sitting I could not see who bought it. It was not, however, Neil Gold who was not there because of illness. Every time an item was not bid as high as JB thought it should be, he would lament the absence of Neil.

During the very sweet and heartfelt tribute to Kelly Seubert, JB also remembered Chris Gedney and Mary Dunham, two other wonderful Athletic Department pillars who died recently. A very nice touch.

As for the question about the hors d'ouvres and the beverages ... the asparagus crudite was especially good, but I don't drink soft drinks so I cannot comment on the ginger ale.

Last edited:
When introducing the team members last night, JB praised Matt for his commitment and hard work ... and wished him well at Vanderbilt. He got a nice round of applause. TB was not there, but all the other players were. I kept running into Lawrence Moten during the course of the evening. I think other former players were also there, but I did not see any.

A very nice event, as always. Lots of money was raised for the Boeheim Foundation, including $40,000 on a live auction item for a trip for four to the NBA Finals in whichever Western Conference city is involved. It includes round-trip flights on a private jet, luxury suite tickets, luxury hotel, spending money and all sorts of other stuff. From where I was sitting I could not see who bought it. It was not, however, Neil Gold who was not there because of illness. Every time an item was not bid as high as JB thought it should be, he would lament the absence of Neil.

During the very sweet and heartfelt tribute to Kelly Seubert, JB also remembered Chris Gedney and Mary Dunham, two other wonderful Athletic Department pillars who died recently. A very nice touch.

As for the question about the hors d'ouvres and the beverages ... the asparagus crudite was especially good, but I don't drink soft drinks so I cannot comment on the ginger ale.
What happened to Mary? I had no idea she had passsed.

A very nice event, as always. Lots of money was raised for the Boeheim Foundation, including $40,000 on a live auction item for a trip for four to the NBA Finals in whichever Western Conference city is involved. It includes round-trip flights on a private jet, luxury suite tickets, luxury hotel, spending money and all sorts of other stuff. From where I was sitting I could not see who bought it. It was not, however, Neil Gold who was not there because of illness. Every time an item was not bid as high as JB thought it should be, he would lament the absence of Neil.

Thank you for sharing

I just don't understand the Moyer situation. He's sacrificing a year of eligibility by transferring. We need another forward. he'd have three years left to prove himself. it was thought me might have left due to personal problems with Boeheim, perhaps over the issue with his father telling the coach he couldn't play. Yet there he is at the Basket Ball with guys who are no longer his teammates and everything seems fine with him and the coach.

I just don't understand the Moyer situation. He's sacrificing a year of eligibility by transferring. We need another forward. he'd have three years left to prove himself. it was thought me might have left due to personal problems with Boeheim, perhaps over the issue with his father telling the coach he couldn't play. Yet there he is at the Basket Ball with guys who are no longer his teammates and everything seems fine with him and the coach.

Smart kid from smart parents. Always best not to burn the bridge.

Other than that, I've got nothing. Maybe it really is about the best education now that they see he's not truly going to be a pro at basketball.

Pure speculation but like I posted above, I don't think it's entirely his decision.

It's kind of standard for leaving players to go to this. BJ, Buss and Chinoso were at this event although they were all leaving too. I think it's sort of their last act and commitment as part of that year's team. They probably want to be there with their teammates despite what happened with playing time, dustups with JB, etc.

No. They arrive at the Turning Stone as a group.. and return to campus as a group. They do not bring dates and they do not stay over night at the Turning Stone. (And they don't gamble while they are there).
Interesting.

anagiltaylor%20events%20photographer_Boeheimball-2-9-L.jpg

Sorry I missed it this year. My company normally buys a table. This year they either didn’t buy one or I was just not invited.