Physical Play in Camp and Injuries | Syracusefan.com

Physical Play in Camp and Injuries

Faegan

All Conference
HCDB on importance of physical play:

I think that you've got to go hard, and you have to bang guys," Babers said. "It's a physical game, and you can't take the physicality away from it. If you don't prepare them for that, then you lack something on the back end of the season. It's been an extremely physical spring and a very, very physical camp, but now we'll start to tone it back a little bit and give these guys their legs back so they can be ready for the first game.

We've been worried about the injuries (myself included). Coach has bigger fish to fry.

There is a difference playing this game in t shirts and shorts; and playing this game in pads. You have to learn who can play in pads.

There is a difference playing this game in t shirts and shorts; and playing this game in pads. You have to learn who can play in pads.
True everyone looks good with no contact.

This isn't high school. We know all these kids can play in pads. Need to hit to get ready but not to see who can play in pads. If we don't know that we are worse off than I thought.

The thing we have lacked on the back end of the season is players, due to injuries! But I get what he is saying. Still digging out of the talent hole.
Agreed. Dino pulled a yogi.

Playing in violent conditions is integral to the game. The two-deep might look different if it were determined without actual hitting and scrimmaging.

Playing in violent conditions is integral to the game. The two-deep might look different if it were determined without actual hitting and scrimmaging.
I Agree for new players. Not starters.

This isn't high school. We know all these kids can play in pads. Need to hit to get ready but not to see who can play in pads. If we don't know that we are worse off than I thought.

I get what you are saying and its such a catch 22. Coaches need to see who can get off blocks and hit and take down P5 level playerz but you also risk injury when you go game speed and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom