Pick your Final Four | Syracusefan.com

Pick your Final Four

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
What if the tournament is canceled, but the NCAA decides to play the FF with 4 selected teams like they do in football. Who would you select?

Mine:

Kansas
Gonzaga
Baylor
Dayton

If only there were still NCAA Basketball games for XBox we could just have them play there

thats actually a great idea. or have an abbreviated tournament, start it with the sweet 16 or something.

Logistically I think the capacity would be 8 given the pre and post quarantine procedures that would need to be done for any tournament (be it 4 or 8)

Have a 3 day tournament at one location only in about a month.
All players and team officials are self quaranted and tested before the tournament, and are isolated from non-participants throughout the tourney and 14 days after the tourney in one separate hotel...
All players and team officials must quarantine themselves for 14 days after the tournament.

If there is a spread during the tournament it is contained. I think the biggest risk is not players getting it as they are healthy to overcome it, but to ensure they do not spread it. This post tournament quarantine would probably accomplish it.

The tournament could be in about a months time, and teams can sign up for it, understanding all the necessary quarantine rules pre and post. The NCAA can then select the best 8 applicants.

Logistically I can't see more than 8 teams being possible to pull this off. Although I believe I am just talking in fantasy chat right now.

But if there were eight teams I could see it being:

Kansas
Baylor
Gonzaga
San Diego St
Dayton
Florida St
Villanova
Michigan St or Duke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members