Pierce | Syracusefan.com

Pierce

tep624

Living Legend
Still waiting for him to break out but I think it's coming. His one handed grab just shows the kind of athlete he is. I think once he gets over his learning curve with this offense and develops some chemistry with Dungey, that we're going to have a nice weapon over the middle.

He's kind of a penalty machine. There is some ability there though.
Remember, it's his first year in this system. There's going to be some miscues. How many false starts and illegal procedures did we live through last year?

And I know you're going to point to the unsportsmanlike stuff he got hit with. He strikes me as a mercurial dude, quiet and unassuming, the pads go on and the demons come out. I'll take a guy like that on my side everyday and twice on Sundays.

He's kind of a penalty machine. There is some ability there though.

Did he have any penalties at LSU? I can't recall, but if he did it didn't stick out to me...

I like pierce but imo he's not a true TE. He's a bulked up WR. We need him but also a bigger TE or two.

I'm expecting a lot of boneheaded plays.

Hey LSU, let's make some NOOOOOISE!

Uh what are you doing?
Think he was appealing to our quite loud and noticeable section to make even more noise (knowing it wouldn't disrupt the offense).

In vogue at the moment; Engram of the Giants...

Oh, I like him on the field. And he does a decent job blocking on the outside or open field. But when he's taking on DEs blocking down, he just seems small.

Still waiting for him to break out but I think it's coming. His one handed grab just shows the kind of athlete he is. I think once he gets over his learning curve with this offense and develops some chemistry with Dungey, that we're going to have a nice weapon over the middle.

agree, I think it may take this year for him to get through the curve but I believe he will be a very good one for us when all is said and done

I’d like to see us target him over the middle and downfield some. Seems like most of his catches have been dump offs. He’s clearly very athletic.

Pierce was on the field waving to the LSU crowd to get louder before we were about to run a 3rd down play, early in the game.

I kind of liked it. Show them we're not afraid of the home crowd.

But typically not something I'd endorse for *every game*.

I’d like to see us target him over the middle and downfield some. Seems like most of his catches have been dump offs. He’s clearly very athletic.

Yeah I want to see what he can do in space. We have yet to see that. That was what really stood out to me on his recruiting videos.

I'd like to see him used in a different way. Right now he basically only runs 2 routes. 1 that little flair where he basically catches the ball in the backfield and gets tackled immediately, and then that little pop pass like the one he had his TD on. Just because he has only run those 2 routes makes a good case for him still needing to get familiar with the playbook. When they do throw him the ball he hasn't dropped any yet (I know very high % throws), so I really hope to see him be featured much more. Part of me is starting to worry that's all the TE does in this offense? If that's the case then it really doesn't matter how great an athlete we get because anybody can run those 2 routes. I have been pretty impressed with his blocking ability.

I'd like to see him used in a different way. Right now he basically only runs 2 routes. 1 that little flair where he basically catches the ball in the backfield and gets tackled immediately, and then that little pop pass like the one he had his TD on. Just because he has only run those 2 routes makes a good case for him still needing to get familiar with the playbook. When they do throw him the ball he hasn't dropped any yet (I know very high % throws), so I really hope to see him be featured much more. Part of me is starting to worry that's all the TE does in this offense? If that's the case then it really doesn't matter how great an athlete we get because anybody can run those 2 routes. I have been pretty impressed with his blocking ability.

I was hoping he'd be a little further along being able to enroll at mid year and all and be there for the spring, but I'm hoping that it's more a case of him still getting comfortable than anything.

Well, some believe that Dino has been keeping him under wraps and waiting to cut him loose as the conference games unfold. I guess this is the week..

xT5LMBRD0mGOTpOpwY.gif

I like pierce but imo he's not a true TE. He's a bulked up WR. We need him but also a bigger TE or two.

Good take. He is a bulky WR. One that can flex out and play in space. Thing is, our offensive coaches dont like space, as in space in the middle of the field, between the numbers. Yes, that space that great offenses all over the country utilize.

I kind of liked it. Show them we're not afraid of the home crowd.

But typically not something I'd endorse for *every game*.

Given his various mental mistakes this year via penalties, would rather see his head in the game and focused versus pumping up the crowd the wrong way.

How would the Dome react to an opponents TE doing the same?

No win there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom